PR: One week until the Baltimore Coin and Currency Convention

Old November 28th 03, 04:42 PM
EdKuszmar

Default PR: One week until the Baltimore Coin and Currency Convention

The December 5-7, 2003 Baltimore Coin and Currency Convention will be our
largest Baltimore Convention to date, and many new first time dealers will be
attending. This will be the last major numismatic business event of the year
and the Coin and Currency Markets are HOT. Add in some very strong Gold
and Silver prices and we think it is going to be on heck of a great Convention.

Admission is always free at our Baltimore Convention, and each youngster
(12 or under) gets a daily dip into our special Kid's Bucket for a Free Hand
Full of Money. If you are going to be at Baltimore, please bring along some
"Numismatic Goodies" to put into the bucket for the Kids. This important
project is helping to create new collectors, new investors, and new dealers
for the future. We thank ALL the generous dealers and collectors who help
us with their special donations to the kids. They are greatly appreciated.

There is always FREE ADMISSION to our Convention, and the Convention
is open to the public from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, and
10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday. Thursday's is "dealer day" at Baltimore, and
non-tabled dealers gain entry with a $75.00 Registration Fee and a $25.00
(minimum) donation to Children's Hospital. Around $160,000.00 in donations
for Children's Hospital have been raised to date. Two company checks are
required along with a business card and sales tax number.

The public is also welcome to attend the meetings and lectures scheduled
for our Educational Forum on Friday and Saturday. There will also be a free
Appraisal Clinic on Sunday, and Krause Publications and Coin World will be
at the show with sample copies of the publications. The U. S. Postal Service
will have a booth at the Convention and be available all weekend (including
Sunday) with all their services. Tidewater Coin Supply will also be on hand.

Two great auctions will be held in conjunction with the Baltimore Convention.
Bowers and Merena will hold a four sessions rare Coin and Currency Auction,
and Presidential Coin and Antique will hold an Exonumia and Political
Memorabilia Auction with some amazing Frasier material.

Laura Sperber, of Legend Numismatics, will have on public display the ultra
rare 1884 and 1885 Trade Dollars (NGC Proof 66), and this will be the first
time
these two classic American Rarities will be displayed together since the
Eliasburg Collection was sold. Be sure you take some time to see these.

Host Hotels for the Baltimore Convention are the Marriott (410-962-0202) at
$110.00, the Holiday Inn (410-685-3500) at $109.00, and the Sheraton
410-962-8300). If you have not made your room reservations do so ASAP.

We will be in the larger Halls E and Swing Hall, and our entrance will be on
the northwest corner of the Baltimore Convention Center (One West Pratt
Street - Upper Pratt Street Entrance). There is paid parking lots nearby at
Camden Yards and all major downtown hotels. The Light Rail train also
has a stop just across the street (west) from our Convention entrance.

Well over 1000 dealers will be attending the Convention during the weekend
and they will be Buying, Selling and Trading all types of numismatic material
and some neat Collectibles. Golden Eagle Coin Exchange will have a special
area (in addition to their regular tables) for many different kinds of neat
Holiday
Gifts and Collectibles, and Authentication and Grading Services will include:
ANACS, PCGS, NGC, ICG, and PCI. Several local clubs and the A.N.A. will
have booths to present their organizations to the public.

All indications are it is going to be a super Convention, and the Inner Harbor
area of downtown Baltimore features some great restaurants, historical and
popular attractions, nightlife, and Maryland Hard Shell Crabs and Crabcakes.

Future Baltimore Conventions: March 12-14, 2004, July 9-11, 2004 and
December 3-5, 2004. For more information visit our web site at:
http://hometown.aol.com/BaltimoreCoinShw
Ed Kuszmar