Arrogant Ebay

Old August 6th 03, 05:42 PM
Scottishmoney

Frank Provasek wrote in message
y.com...

I sometimes send email to my ebay customers when I put up a lot of new
stuff at one cent start and no reserve. I have their email addresses from
them writing to ME (not sent through ebay's system.) Got a PHONE CALL from
ebay warning me not to send any more spam email to "their" customers.

I get particularly annoyed when sellers on ebaY think it is okay to spam
such as the above. I generally have a fairly low opin. of ebAy, but I think
they are right on this one. BTW, someone you sold too obviously reported
you for said activity or you likely would have never heard from eBay.

Might I suggest you request of your bidders that they be put on your list,
it might make for a better situation for you.

BTW I block sellers like you that spam afterwards and will not bid on their
items again.

Dave Parrish

Old August 6th 03, 06:10 PM
Don Lancaster

Todd Nevius wrote:

None wrote:

It's not spam if you have a previous business relationship with
someone.

With an eBay buyer on a closed sale, you possibly have a previous
business relationship.
With an unsuccessful bidder, there is definitely and emphaticaly NO
business relationship and you are spamming.

But it does not matter in the least what you think in this matter,
because your ISP is CERTAIN to nail you to the wall.

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster
Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552
voice: (928)428-4073 email: fax 847-574-1462

Please visit my GURU's LAIR web site at
http://www.tinaja.com

Old August 6th 03, 06:27 PM
Frank Provasek

In article , Katra wrote:

Bull. If they did not request to be added to your mailing list,
then it is spam. Personally, I don't appreciate getting spams from
previous ebay transactions. I report them to ebay. If I want your items
once I have made a purchase, *I* will look for them on my own on ebay.

I DO NOT have a mailing list. But customer service is important, and
most people appreciate it. Ebay has no right to interfere with
my contact of my customers. No sane person confuses personalized
business email with existing customers as the same thing as mass
mailings for penis enlargements, pornography and "make money fast"
scams sent to millions of email addresses with forged headers and
phony "remove" instructions.

RARE COIN AUCTIONS NO MINIMUMS http://frankcoins.com
Ebay Powerseller FRANKCOINS Texas Auction License 11259
Board member of Texas Coin Dealers Association, Fort Worth Coin Club.
Member: Texas Numismatic Assoc, American Numismatic Assoc.
Old August 6th 03, 06:31 PM
Frank Provasek

In article , "Scottishmoney" wrote:

Frank Provasek wrote in message
gy.com...

I sometimes send email to my ebay customers when I put up a lot of new
stuff at one cent start and no reserve. I have their email addresses from
them writing to ME (not sent through ebay's system.) Got a PHONE CALL from
ebay warning me not to send any more spam email to "their" customers.

I get particularly annoyed when sellers on ebaY think it is okay to spam
such as the above. I generally have a fairly low opin. of ebAy, but I think
they are right on this one. BTW, someone you sold too obviously reported
you for said activity or you likely would have never heard from eBay.

Might I suggest you request of your bidders that they be put on your list,
it might make for a better situation for you.

BTW I block sellers like you that spam afterwards and will not bid on their
items again.

Dave Parrish

Then you are one of those that puts principle before practicality.

I have had many of my customers for YEARS before ebay existed.
If you think ebay can prohibit me from contacting my own customers
just because I also have sold to them on ebay, you're a sad case.

Old August 6th 03, 07:24 PM
Kris Baker

"Frank Provasek" wrote in message
y.com...
In article , Katra

wrote:

Bull. If they did not request to be added to your mailing list,
then it is spam. Personally, I don't appreciate getting spams from
previous ebay transactions. I report them to ebay. If I want your items
once I have made a purchase, *I* will look for them on my own on ebay.

I DO NOT have a mailing list. But customer service is important, and
most people appreciate it. Ebay has no right to interfere with
my contact of my customers. No sane person confuses personalized
business email with existing customers as the same thing as mass
mailings for penis enlargements, pornography and "make money fast"
scams sent to millions of email addresses with forged headers and
phony "remove" instructions.

Wrong. You agreed to eBay's "terms" when you signed up --
therefore, they have EVERY right to censure your spam.

The fact that someone complained should be a FREE clue.

Kris

Old August 6th 03, 07:29 PM
Linda

Well, that's true, but OTOH, I just don't like to get unsolicited commercial
email, even if it is from someone I bought from before. That's what the
ebay "favorite seller" thingie is for. If I like a seller, I can easily
find his/her auctions. I don't need any nagging. I tend to get an annoyed
feeling with sellers I hear from like this and not buy from them, but YMMV.

There are auction postings lists I have *subscribed* to, that I want to get,
and those guys, I scurry over and look. Now there's the dif.

Old August 6th 03, 07:59 PM
Tina - AffordableHOST.com

"Todd Nevius" wrote in message
None wrote:

"Frank Provasek" wrote

I sometimes send email to my ebay customers when I put up a lot of new
stuff at one cent start and no reserve. I have their email addresses

from
them writing to ME (not sent through ebay's system.) Got a PHONE CALL

from
ebay warning me not to send any more spam email to "their" customers.

------------
SPAM mailings cost you more bids than you gain.

It's not spam if you have a previous business relationship with
someone.

Oh really? Care to point out where you gathered this bit of knowledge from?

--Tina

--
http://www.AffordableHOST.com
20% Discount Code: newsgroup

Old August 6th 03, 09:08 PM
Todd Nevius

Steve Tyson wrote:

I will certainly never buy anything from FRANKCOINS. I have also sent safe
harbor a copy of his post ADMITTING he spams ebay members.

What an anal jerk.
Old August 6th 03, 09:42 PM
Staff

"Frank Provasek" wrote
I DO NOT have a mailing list. But customer service is important, and
most people appreciate it. Ebay has no right to interfere with
my contact of my customers. No sane person confuses personalized
business email with existing customers as the same thing as mass
mailings for penis enlargements, pornography and "make money fast"
scams sent to millions of email addresses with forged headers and
phony "remove" instructions.

You sir, are an idiot! Explain how you mail your customers, if you
don't have a mailing list.

Since I purchase on eBay, and never tried to sell. If I bought off you,
and you begged for more, you would get the same reaction then, as you're
getting from me now.

*PLONK*

Ebay Email Scams.........Letter and Ebay response CalRima Autographs 2 August 23rd 04 02:43 AM
Ebay autograph policy Gummby3 Autographs 0 April 16th 04 01:29 AM
do not forward OFF this group that Xlist dahoov2 Autographs 4 March 9th 04 03:45 AM
eBay spoofs John Yamamoto-Wilson Books 0 January 23rd 04 12:46 AM
Ebay FRAUD alert ThomasTeeter Juke Boxes 6 January 22nd 04 04:34 AM