great bill murray story from the other nigh

Old April 23rd 06, 05:40 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs

Default great bill murray story from the other nigh

Stupid thing sent before I was finished editing...

"barefoot" wrote in message
oups.com...

MOST celebrities have a service...most of the address i see you folks
pass along are to agents...
i bet, if you gave someone that address and they drove over to that
address (most times anyway) it'll be a postal box at a mail plus more,
or an office building of some sort. i'm doubting you are sending to the
private residence...if you are, see the begining of the sentence.
this is a great argument. i'm really given to sue's arguments
though...they are a bit more realistic.

This, I will give you. I make it a point to educate people that come to my
site that 90% of the addresses that they see on my site are going to be
either manager or agent addresses. There are many home addresses on my site
too, most being retired athletes. I actually don't like having home
addresses on my site unless I know for sure that it's a approved form of
communication. Once I find out otherwise, it's removed immediately. I
believe a celeb's privacy is just as important as mine, no more, no less.

ever watch entourage (please keep a careful eye on the fact that the
show is created by mark walhberg AND HIS entourage)? the agent brouth
the mail to the house and the star countered by saying, chuck that in
the trash (actually i think it was the manager/friend) and the other
friend started opening mail looking for hottie pictures and money
(money sent for picture requests). when we went to the q and a for the
show, the exec producer (And wahlberg's best friend) said that this is
the way it goes for most people...the show it right on the button.
and, if it were me, and i got mail to my private home, and i didn't
know who it came from. trash...sorry...

This one I'll debate. First off, if you send money to a celeb on your own,
then you're a fool and deserve to lose your money. The only time that I
send money is if I get a response that they charge for their autographs or
the money goes to a charity donation. Whether it does or not, it's out of
my hands at that point and it rests on that person's conscious. NOW, if a
celeb states that they charge such and such for an autograph, take the money
and not follow through with their authentic autograph, that is a felony.
Both mail fraud and theft on their part. Again, if falls on the ethics of
that individual. As I said, if they are sending money in hopes of bribing
the celeb to sign for them, then that's just stupid.

but i will say this...bacall says that EVERY TIME we see her in public.
autographs collecting is a sickening hobby. try collecting beanie
babies was what she said last time i saw her. people try to talk her in
to signing all the time...it's very rare to see her say yes.

Again, you may also be seeing a public persona. I'm not saying that you're
not right. I'm just saying that it could be an orchestrated "act, as it
were, to give her some privacy and breathing room.

psa dna makes mistakes all the time. they say stuff's good and bad.
it's a great business, but celeb autographs change so dramatically so
suddenly- even the guys working there say it's difficult to deal with.
and they turn a lot of stuff down. but they also authenticated a bruce
springsteen gold record where the record company says it was a pre
printed signature. i love the business to death and do quite a bit of
business with them, but at the same time, they authenticated a regan
secretarial letter.

I've made my opinions known about "professional" guessimators. If you pay
someone enough money, they will say anything is legit and place their stamp
of approval on it.

i'll break it down for you in numbers too.
1) most celebrities are not afffected by paparazzi. almost all of them
actually. people like harrison ford, i can call any paparazzi in town
when i see him, none of them care. same with arnold schwarztenegger and
a lot of older stars...they did deal with them, but not anymore...or
viggo mortensen, they aren't big enough stars...the only people who get
constantly hounded are women like lohan, anniston, p hilton, spears and
jsut about anyone with a kid. tom cruise is the exception rather than
the rule for men.
3) people who are absolutely repulsed about signing in person ie bill
murray, cameron diaz, joaquin phoenix, morgan freeman. they aren't
signing their mail either...they just don't care...

I grouped these two together because you're basically saying the same thing.
Now, look at the people that you listed. I would say that of the group that
you listed, Freeman, Murray and Ford will still be popular in 20 years
whether they work or not. Possibly Anniston, Mortensen and Cruise will even
have enough of a career to warrant the paparNazi's attention in that same 20
years. The rest, especially Hilton who doesn't even really HAVE a career to
be famous for and is only in the news because of Daddy's money, are flash in
the pans. All I can say is compare this generations "budding actors" to the
one from 20 years ago. We had Debbie Gibson, Tiffany, Dana Plato, Scott
Baio, Willie Aames... the list goes on. They were constantly in the public
eye. Where are they now? Plato killed herself with an overdose, Aames got
so disgusted with what he allowed Hollywood to do to him that he's dedicated
his life to religion and shuns the spotlight. Gibson is actually trying to
rebuild her career with theatre work, but both her and Tiffany had to resort
to posing for Playboy to get their... faces back into the public eye.
Honestly, these "A Listers" now days will be begging for people to pay
attention to them in a few years.

4) people who are extremely nice in person, i'd bet they sign their
mail if they have time...but i don't think johnny depp, matt damon are
signing their mail. i'm 100 % sure travolta isn't. but robin williams,
i'd bet it to be true...the stuff doesn't match every time. but i
wouldn't be surprised.

I've always had my doubts about Travolta anyway. Robin Williams, I've seen
too many TTMs that are identical to IPs to think he sends secretarials. It
basically falls under the same old addage: if we didn't see it signed, we
can't be sure if it's real. Same can be used to disprove that too. We have
no proof that it isn't legit unless it's just a obvious bad secretarial.
Personally, I kind of like it when my TTM requests take a long time. If
they're busy, then it would make sense.

these are the reasons for me to doubt that any A actor is doing
anything but acting...even mark paul gosselaar said he'd rather do
sudocco puzzles than answer his fan mail. sorry.

Again, these "A Listers" will be begging for attention when their careers
dry up. That's the best time to go for them. That's why I would take an
"out of work" actor over a big name any day. Most appreciate the fact that
you spent time to write to them.

Mike
Gummby3

~~ Star Collector ~~
www.star-collector.net
Celebrity addresses the way they should be - free.

Old April 23rd 06, 06:23 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs

I don't know. She seems to be taking some smart roles as of late. Nothing Oscar caliber, but who would have thought that George Clooney would have won an Oscar while we were watching him on the first 'E/R' with Elliot Gould, not to mention when he was nothing more than eye candy on 'The Facts Of Life'. LOL Of the six people from 'Friends', I think she has the best shot at a career, but that's just me...

--

"Bob Goyer" wrote in message .. .
Again, you may also be seeing a public persona. I'm not saying that you're
not right. I'm just saying that it could be an orchestrated "act, as it
were, to give her some privacy and breathing room.

Just sitting here with a bag of popcorn reading Barefoot's comedy posts. Lauren Bacall throws him a line, hooks him and then reels him in....lol. Great stuff!
About Gummby's post, I agree with almost everything, except I think that Jennifer Aniston won't have much of a career in 20 years.

Old April 23rd 06, 01:53 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs

I actually don't like having home
addresses on my site unless I know for sure that it's a approved form
of
communication.

Here here. Keeping the celebs happy by not abusing them is the way to
go. Sincerity, honestly and keeping their trust is the only way to
get back into them answering our letters.

Old April 23rd 06, 01:55 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs

I agree and to do so starts a very bad trend. And if you read my post
before about Bronagh Gallagher, she admitted people sent money and
other things to her and she kept it without signing. Not worth doing
that. It doesn't help.

Old April 23rd 06, 01:56 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs

Exactly. Like Carrie Fisher.

Old April 23rd 06, 05:41 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs

well, i guess you can believe that bacall signs her mail if you want
to...she's not hooking me with any line...she actually signs about half
the time i see her. sometimes yes, sometimes no. when she says no,
there are these guys out here who only collect classic autographs and
they BEG, and that's when the real bitch that is bacall comes out
(sorry to use that language, but that's really what it is). but she
says all collecting is for losers. i can just see her getting fan mail
at home and seeing it herself and just laughing at the stuff like she
does in the street. and, the autographs look NOTHING like the ones i've
gotten in person. and i'm not even talking about the shakiness. they
just aren't the same. it's been a long since deal that most people make
fun of the ttm collectors who believe that in the mail bacall,
eastwood, travolta and pacino are a joke. even the people who just
collect (yes, there are still more of them then there are dealers out
here) who just make fun of the ttm people on those names. and 3 of the
4 are so super nice in person. we don't really base our arguments on
the fact that she's mean in person, but that everything that we see
from the mail is so consistantly not good, that it's a joke...there are
plenty of people (at the hollywood collector's show going on right now)
who sell their TTM collections, or write ttm with the explicit reason
for resale. so we see the mail signatures, matted and framed with
beautiful pictures, and a compltely unreal signature...and the next
dealer has the same thing. and they all say the same thing that you are
saying," she doesn't like to be bothered in the street, so i write to
her." and that's why my argument goes so intollerable to you ttm
collectors. but the truth of the matter is, the ones i see, are not
real. everyone has different address and they all have the same result.

Old April 23rd 06, 09:36 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs

dude...alfie's of hollywood is a KNOWN forger...it's not even alfie
anymore...i think he died YEARS ago.

Old April 23rd 06, 10:44 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs

I am surprised we are still talking about this. Why was the new group
started except to get away from these lose/lose conversations.
barefoot is never going to change his mind. The people who collect TTM
are never going to change their minds - why continue to talk about it
(but since we are ... I'm adding some of my own thoughts).

The Autograph Collector magazine in 1986 is where I read that Lauren
Bacall signed her mail. I guess I believe them (same with Marlena
Dietrich).

I received a letter from Elizabeth Taylor's secretary (Sharon Leigh)
with my autographed picture. If the secretary was doing Elizabeth's
signature why would she write a letter as herself? why not just sign
it as Elizabeth?

I got a letter from Donny Osmond's secretary (Nori Weech) who wrote
"Sincere letters such as yours are very rare. I am Donny's personal
assistant and would be glad to forward your program for him to
autograph. Please send a SASE as you stated and expect it to take
anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months. The backlog is terrible! (sorry)"
Again, if she was autographing his stuff why didn't she just write
"Steve - send it to me I'd be happy to sign. Donny"?

I received a letter from Greer Garson's secretary (Sandi Fadeley)
stating that Greer enjoyed reading the letters that came with the
photos.

I've received some letters from Buddy Ebsen and some from his secretary
(Gloria Buckles) and one from his wife explaining that his secretary
had died last year (I had sent two books and she was explaining why it
was taking awhile to find the books to mail back. I eventually got one
back but lost the other that was also signed by Jack Haley. Buddy
bought me a new book and sent it with his signature). Again, why not
just sign them Buddy unless Buddy signed his own mail.

Ray Bolger's wife sent me a letter stating that Ray had died before he
was able to sign the pictures I had sent (thankfully I had gotten a few
earlier). Since the pictures were mailed quite awhile before he died
why wouldn't they just have signed them and said they were signed
before he passed on?

Theresa Graves (Get Christie Love) sent me a letter 2 or 3 years after
I wrote her telling me about the joys of being a Jehova's Witness. I
doubt it would have taken that long if she isn't signing her mail.

That is just a few I can think of off the top of my head.

I can agree with Barefoot (can't believe I'm writing this) that many of
the A-List celebs read all their mail and sign it (I've already stated
that I talked to Liza's secretary and she said Liza had someone read it
and remove any negative/nasty letters and then send the others to Liza
which she replied to). I don't doubt that Orlando Bloom or Tom Cruise
or Streisand or most people of that caliber would be next to impossible
to get TTM as they probably are receiving bags of mail everyday. They
can't possibly be expected to sign/read them all - no matter how much
they might want to. I remember reading that Michael J. Fox's family,
when he was Alex Keaten, signed his pictures in the garage because that
was the only place that could hold all the bags of mail that was coming
in.

However, I can't imagine using many of the IPs to "verify" the
authenticity of the TTM signatures. During the last Oscars (or GGs -
not sure which one - one of the last award shows) being able to watch
some of the stars (Heath Ledger I believe was one) signing the many
pictures put in their face by one person and signing them while
watching what was going on around him. He wasn't concentrating on the
signing at all. That is going to look a lot different from one he
signs while sitting down and taking his time with nothing to distract
him (if he doesn't sign TTM then while signing a contract or at a
autograph convention). They are going to look different. It's just
the plain truth. Same as the person who gets the first signature from
a celeb at a convention and the last person to get a signature that
day. I'm thinking they are probably very different after hours of
signing the name.

BF - again I don't see that many people agreeing with you (my agreement
is a very small part of what you have said). You have done this before
where you have said more and more people are agreeing with you and it's
not apparent in the group (maybe you are getting personal emails I
don't know - but most people here think you are full of who knows what.

"if we didn't see it signed, we
can't be sure if it's real"

I agree with this for TTM and for IPs as I personally would not buy
from barefoot as I've seen him lie too many times in this group.
Perhaps everything he has is real, I don't know. But, based on
reputation (and this group is the only knowledge I have of him), I
wouldn't believe anything. I'd rather have my TTM then one that he
says he got IP.

Old April 24th 06, 12:21 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs

the autographs look NOTHING like the ones i've
gotten in person
"barefoot" wrote in message

Don't know what you're smoking but it must be some bad ****. Either that or
she's scribbling a dud for you?
If you go to Star Archive and compare TTMs to in-person on playbills and
dealer like Alfies of Hollywood, you'll see that they all match up.