Victim of fake 1916-D dime on ebay

Old August 2nd 10, 09:46 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.marketing.online.ebay
Duke Dog

Default Victim of fake 1916-D dime on ebay

I bought a 1916-D Mercury Dime for $1741 after I received it I took it to a
dealer and he said it was a fake.

I notified the seller Mike Soprano by electronic mail and they responded
twice. The second msg was for me to send the coin back for refund. I
notified Ebay and they are working with me to obtain a refund.

However, in my own research I found that the seller used the picture of the
coin twice in two different sales. I want to notify Ebay about wht I'vew
found but I can't find out how do this. All I can do is go to the Ebay site
(contact Ebay) and they have a listing of questions that doesn't help. How
do I notify Ebay via electronic mail?

Old August 2nd 10, 12:49 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.marketing.online.ebay
Bremick

"Duke Dog" wrote in message
I bought a 1916-D Mercury Dime for $1741 after I received it I took it to
a dealer and he said it was a fake.

I notified the seller Mike Soprano by electronic mail and they responded
twice. The second msg was for me to send the coin back for refund. I
notified Ebay and they are working with me to obtain a refund.

However, in my own research I found that the seller used the picture of
the coin twice in two different sales. I want to notify Ebay about wht
I'vew found but I can't find out how do this. All I can do is go to the
Ebay site (contact Ebay) and they have a listing of questions that doesn't
help. How do I notify Ebay via electronic mail?

Bring up the auction page again and click on the [Report item] link right
below the Other Item Info block along the right side of the page. One of
the options deals with counterfeits and maybe that will get a response.
Otherwise, the seller has apparently offered to refund your money outside of
eBay channels, so all you might lose is some postage and some trust in raw
coin sellers.

Old August 2nd 10, 02:21 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.marketing.online.ebay
oly

On Aug 2, 2:46*am, "Duke Dog" wrote:
I bought *a 1916-D Mercury Dime for $1741 after I received it I took it to a
dealer and he said it was a fake.

I notified the seller Mike Soprano by electronic mail and they responded
twice. The second msg was for me to send the coin back for refund. I
notified Ebay and they are working with me to obtain a refund.

However, in my own research I found that the seller used the picture of the
coin twice in two different sales. I want to notify Ebay about wht I'vew
found but I can't find out how do this. All I can do is go to the Ebay site
(contact Ebay) and they have a listing of questions that doesn't help. How
do I notify Ebay via electronic mail?

(1) The fact that the second dealer said the coin was a fake does not
necessarily make it so; (2) perhaps the dealer has a legit coin, but
it has been hard to place because of "nervous Nellies" like yourself -
so he has had to make more than one auction attempt; (3) lots of ebay
sellers use "stock" photos of frequently listed coins, although this
is certainly an example where that isn't appropriate because of price
and authenticity issues.

You could do the entire e-bay community a favor if you would
accurately reveal your e-bay id. Many pro sellers have a zesty
"blocked bidder" list.

My personal bitch against e-bay is that that corporation has changed
the auction rules in a way that makes it easier for sellers to use
"shill" bidders without detection. And my belief is that "shill"
bidding is certainly happening more today than in past years,
especially in coin sales.

oly
Old August 2nd 10, 04:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.marketing.online.ebay
Lumpy

Bremick wrote:
...all you might lose is
some postage and some trust in raw coin sellers.

Impossible.

Lumpy

In Your Ears for Fifty Years!
www.LumpyMusic.com

Old August 3rd 10, 01:31 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.marketing.online.ebay
Relayer

On Aug 2, 8:21*am, oly wrote:
On Aug 2, 2:46*am, "Duke Dog" wrote:

[...]

I totally agree. It's best, that if you aren't doing a "buy it now" is
to bid your price at the last second. Win or lose
Old August 3rd 10, 09:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.marketing.online.ebay
Lumpy

LouB wrote:

Yabut how does one know the fakes are real fakes??

If an ANA subscriber says they're fake, they're fake.

It's a congressionally chartered magazine, you know.

Lumpy

In Your Ears for Fifty Years!
www.LumpyMusic.com

Old August 4th 10, 12:28 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.marketing.online.ebay
BrotherBart[_2_]

Lumpy wrote:
LouB wrote:

Yabut how does one know the fakes are real fakes??

If an ANA subscriber says they're fake, they're fake.

It's a congressionally chartered magazine, you know.

Lumpy

In Your Ears for Fifty Years!
www.LumpyMusic.com

And has a code of ethics. Just like Congress.

Old August 4th 10, 04:57 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.marketing.online.ebay
Don Lancaster

On 8/3/2010 4:28 PM, BrotherBart wrote:
Lumpy wrote:
LouB wrote:

Yabut how does one know the fakes are real fakes??

If an ANA subscriber says they're fake, they're fake.

It's a congressionally chartered magazine, you know.

Lumpy

In Your Ears for Fifty Years!
www.LumpyMusic.com

And has a code of ethics. Just like Congress.

Just like waffles.

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073
Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552
rss: http://www.tinaja.com/whtnu.xml email:

Please visit my GURU's LAIR web site at
http://www.tinaja.com