India~Opt.

Old October 22nd 07, 07:16 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Default India~Opt.

Anyone aware of an L.E.F. overprint?
Thanks.

Old October 22nd 07, 09:35 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Asia-translation

On Oct 22, 4:16 pm, "rodney" wrote:
Anyone aware of an L.E.F. overprint?
Thanks.

Are you quite sure it's not a damaged/mutilated IEF? Could you post a
scan?

Tony Mac Gillycuddy

Old October 22nd 07, 10:39 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

"Asia-translation" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Oct 22, 4:16 pm, "rodney" wrote:
Anyone aware of an L.E.F. overprint?
Thanks.

Are you quite sure it's not a damaged/mutilated IEF? Could you post a
scan?
Tony Mac Gillycuddy

It most certainly is, however, it just may have been a variety.
For a piece of rubbish to be caught in such a fashion
is a bit of a freak.
If I had my microscope I could check if it had been
tampered with.
It looks like one of those freaky slips.

I saw another in a QV yesterday that had a spot missing
from the image, akin to a piece of perf giving an albino spot
then it occurred to me they are printed prior to perforation
so that's another mystery.

Anyhow
http://cjoint.com/data/kwlErSPnXo.htm

Rod.

Old October 22nd 07, 11:17 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

BTW Tony,
any idea if those long Indian revenues
(and the special adhesives revenues) are fugitive?

Old October 22nd 07, 04:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 18:17:45 +0800, "rodney"
wrote:

BTW Tony,
any idea if those long Indian revenues
(and the special adhesives revenues) are fugitive?

If violet - BIG TIME FUGITIVE.
Old October 22nd 07, 08:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
A.E. Gelat

I. E. F. stands for Indian Expeditionary Force. These were for use during
WWI in Iraq, then part of Turkey, when an Indian force landed.

Old October 23rd 07, 12:45 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

wrote in message BTW Tony,
any idea if those long Indian revenues
(and the special adhesives revenues) are fugitive?

If violet - BIG TIME FUGITIVE.

heh, I thought so,
I once washed the little square violet qv rev
and ended up with a blank perfed square.

Old October 23rd 07, 10:02 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Asia-translation

On Oct 22, 4:16 pm, "rodney" wrote:
Anyone aware of an L.E.F. overprint?
Thanks.

Are you quite sure it's not a damaged/mutilated IEF? Could you post a
scan?
Tony Mac Gillycuddy

It most certainly is, however, it just may have been a variety.
For a piece of rubbish to be caught in such a fashion
is a bit of a freak.
If I had my microscope I could check if it had been
tampered with.
It looks like one of those freaky slips.

I saw another in a QV yesterday that had a spot missing
from the image, akin to a piece of perf giving an albino spot
then it occurred to me they are printed prior to perforation
so that's another mystery.

Anyhowhttp://cjoint.com/data/kwlErSPnXo.htm

Rod.

Apparently the overprint has been forged on the later George V issue
on multiple star watermarked paper. Is this one on single star
watermarked paper?

Tony Mac Gillycuddy

Old October 23rd 07, 12:24 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

"Asia-translation" wrote in message

Apparently the overprint has been forged on the later George V issue
on multiple star watermarked paper. Is this one on single star
watermarked paper?
Tony Mac Gillycuddy

I'll let you know in a week,
it's in the stamp press.