If I were famous.....

Old April 29th 05, 08:40 PM
Sue H

Default If I were famous.....

If I was famous, I most certainly would be kind to people. I'd sign in
person and for legitimate charities if it'd help. I might not find
time to sign through the mail. I would not employ someone to sign for
me (what's the point? It's like forgery in a way and it's just not
satisfying to the public). I would not give preprints, unless I was
someone like Bozo the clown and little kids were writing and didn't
know the difference. I'd only sign one per person and I might dedicate
it. This would separate the dealers from the actual fans. If all my
stuff was dedicated, it's less likely to be sold.

I, in no way would expect someone to know every intimate detail of my
life and every line from a song or movie. To me, it's enough they'd
buy my comic.... go to my movie and listen to my song.

I would go on the belief that people are generally good. To resolve
the fact that postage is epxensive as are photos, I'd put up a website
telling them no mail will be returned without something to sign and
correct postage. A real fan would most likely visit the site.

I'd not lurk on boards only to call people liars and hurt them.
Instead, I'd just let them go on with their hallucinations and
fantasies and let them be happy. UNLESS they were forging my name to
sell, what's the point in getting upset about it! Instead, let them
do what they will with the gift I have given them.

You see a gift is only a gift if it is given freely, with no strings
attached. And that includes not screening people to see how much they
love me. Of course I am not God, if people start looking at me as
such, then they've crossed over from fandom into stalkers or something
evil. At this point, I wish not to be famous anymore. I don't like
the heat....and I don't like the sounds of the damned.
Old April 29th 05, 08:49 PM
tarkusshadow

Great Post Sue, I Agree!

Old April 29th 05, 09:26 PM
Sue H

Thanks Paul, it's always best to try to be decent to others; this life
is TOO short you know!

On 29 Apr 2005 12:49:36 -0700, "tarkusshadow"
wrote:

Great Post Sue, I Agree!

Old April 29th 05, 09:41 PM
Tania Dreelinck

Amen!

Tania

"Sue H" schreef in bericht

Old April 30th 05, 04:15 PM
AutographPros.com

Sue, you are famous.

--

Michael Kasmar
400+ Autographs on eBay, most with photo proof at the time of signing.

Old April 30th 05, 05:15 PM
tarkusshadow

Yeah, but she'll never admit it, she's too modest!!! :-)

Old April 30th 05, 06:18 PM
tarkusshadow

Okay funny guy, are you bored?

Old April 30th 05, 08:57 PM
Ron Smith

where at? the red light district? ha ha

"AutographPros.com" wrote in message
Sue, you are famous.

Old April 30th 05, 10:03 PM
Sue H

You wish!

Old April 30th 05, 11:21 PM
barefoot

if i were famous, i wouldn't sign jacks!@# so that people on this board
and others could tell each other how i signed in the mail and they are
SURE it's real. how in person, i was such a jerk (a la bruce willis)
but the debate would still roll that i was such a nice ttm signer. i
would sign up with like studio fan mail and never be hassled...

FS: 1979 Superman "Famous 1st Edition" Jumbo 1939 Comic Book J.R. Sinclair Cards:- non-sport 0 December 10th 04 06:00 AM
FS: 1979 Superman "Famous 1st Edition" Jumbo 1939 Comic Book J.R. Sinclair General 0 August 30th 04 06:29 AM
auction 215 update VernsCards Baseball 0 August 19th 04 01:13 AM
auction 215 initial post VernsCards Baseball 0 August 13th 04 04:42 AM
FS: "Famous Hockey Legends" Promo Sheet J.R. Sinclair Hockey 0 February 10th 04 05:15 AM