LOL Ebay truths..

Old February 10th 08, 08:51 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Default LOL Ebay truths..

My friend sent me this auction link. It's for a laptop, but go about
half way down and you'll see what the real auction is about (PS the
auction was ended by Ebay but it's still available to see shortly)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...#descripti on
Old February 10th 08, 08:55 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

In case the auction is removed, I have copied the text here for you:

PAYPAL: Paypal is currently ebays preferred method of stealing high
value electrical items off sellers. There are a number of various ways
you can use to steal this laptop using Paypal.
1: A Fake "Item Not Received" (I.N.R) Claim - All you simply have to
do here is purchase my item using an unverified Paypal account. Then
when you receive the laptop, simply claim that you didn't receive it
at your registered (credit card) and Paypal will give you all your
money back !
2: A Fake "Item Significantly Not As Described" (S.N.A.D) This is a
great way to steal items off sellers. Simply start a dispute after you
get the laptop making up some lie about the item being damaged etc -
You could use Photoshop to make up fake pictures of damage. Paypal
will ask you to send the item back to me, but don't bother - they
never enforce that on buyers and after a short wait you will get all
your money back and you will still have the laptop.
3: A fake "Unauthorized Use" Claim - This is a super way of stealing
items on ebay and is widely used. Simply claim that someone hijacked
your account (Paypal & ebay) and that you didn't order the laptop.
Then in conjunction with a fake I.N.R claim you can simply steal the
laptop and of course, get your money back.
4: A Stolen Credit card - Of course, ebay make no real attempt to vet
any of its buyers, so hey, just register a new ebay account using fake
ID information and link it to a paypal account set up with a stolen
credit card - and hey presto - A free laptop.

WESTERN UNION
Although officially banned on ebay, fake western union payments are
the preferred way for Nigerian Scammers to steal high value electrical
items. Simply email me (using pigeon English) telling me that you
would like to buy this item using Western Union - Tell me that you
would be happy to pay over the odds for the laptop and that it is a
present for your mother in law. Then send me a fake western union
payment notification and I send you the laptop - Perfect. This method
of stealing items off sellers is very widely used on ebay and of
course, as ebay do not properly verify buyers its easy to do. Make
sure you use Pigeon English as I am really really stupid and it's
bound to fool me.
MUGGING
If you are a traditionalist like me you may prefer a good old mugging.
Simply offer to meet me on some dodgy housing estate somewhere and
have a load of you mates hiding behind a hedge with a few iron bars.
Again, offer to pay me over the odds as there is nothing better than
using a sellers greed to bait them into a scam. I would be grateful if
you could avoid killing me as this will cause bad publicity for ebay
which would be terrible.
GENUINE BUYERS
In the unlikely event that you are actually a genuine buyer then you
really should be shopping in a real shop and not this scammer's
paradise. However this laptop does really exist and is really for
sale. You can email me or skype me with suggestions on how we may
actually transact this item to both our satisfaction - with both our
safety in mind. Don't even think of buying it using Paypal. I've only
listed it as accepted because ebay run a protection racket that means
I have to accept it. If you do pay by Paypal I will simply refund your
payment and give you a nice new shiny NEG.
FEEDBACK BLACKMAIL
Of course you will no doubt be aware that from May onwards you will be
able to blackmail sellers into giving you free P&P / discounts etc.
You will be able to give them neg feedback and they will not be able
to give you any.. I regret to advise you that because this rule does
not come in until May this option of scamming me is not open to you
yet.
AUCTION WRECKING
I would grateful if some sad failed traffic warden could report this
auction for two reasons
1: Ebay will see this listing and will hopefully close my account,
saving me a 180 days wait to do it myself.
2: You will save me listing fees, making this a free advert.
Happy Bidding!
**** STOP PRESS **** PEOPLE THERE IS NO POINT BIDDING ON THIS ITEM. IT
WILL SURELY BE REMOVED VERY SOON BY EBAY. YOU CAN FIND THE EXACT SAME
ITEM AND MY DETAILS ON TAZBAR (GOOGLE IT).

ANYWAY, IM OFF OUT NOW, IF THIS IS GONE BY THE TIME I GET BACK - HOPE
YOU ALL ENJOYED IT AND EBAY, THERE IS A SERIOUS SIDE TO THIS. SOONER
OR LATER THE TRICKLE OF THOSE OF US LEAVING WILL TURN INTO A FLOOD.
READ THE LETTER YOUR FOUNDER WROTE AND THEN TRY AND FOLLOW AT LEAST
SOME OF IT!

I AM SORRY BUT I HAVE HAD TO CANCEL THIS AUCTION. THE MAIN REASON IS
THREATENING EMAILS I AM GETTING AND ALSO THE FACT THAT EBAY WILL
CLEARLY BID THIS UPTO £10M AND THEN TRY AND DO ME FOR THE FEES.

I HAD NO IDEA THIS AUCTION WOULD GET THE GLOBAL RESPONSE IT HAS AND
ITS JUST A SHAME THAT EBAY WOULD RATHER THREATEN ME THAN ENGAGE ITS
CUSTOMERS - BUT I GUESS THAT'S JUST THE WAY LIFE IS THESE DAYS.

I WOULD LIKE TO WISH EVERYONE ALL THE VERY BEST AND I HOPE TO SEE AS
MANY OF YOU AS POSSIBLE ON PLACES LIKE WWW.TAZBAR.CO.UK GO ON, GIVE
THEM YOUR SUPPORT. ONE OF US MAKES NO DIFFERENCE - THOUSANDS MAY DO,
MILLIONS WILL!

SORRY FOR ENDING THIS EARLY, HOPE YOU ALL UNDERSTAND WHY I HAD TO.

ANYONE WHY STILL WANTS TO BUY THE LAPTOP PLEASE SEE MY AUCTION ON
WWW.TAZBAR.CO.UK

Old February 10th 08, 10:14 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Gummby3

That is CLASSIC! Sadly, Ebay will just try and sweep this under the rug instead of doing something to fix the obvious problems. Right now, Ebay is like that driver that hears a clunking coming from their engine and turns up the radio to "fix" the problem...

--

Mike
Gummby3

Old February 11th 08, 07:18 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

that's the funniest ebay description that i've read since i ran across
a seller called "PHAKES101" and his autographed item description read
"I signed this photo on (such and such a date), it is not signed by
the seller, nor is it a facsimile. It's simply my handwriting to the
best of my ability to look like a nice signature of the celebrity
named above. Which would you rather have, a really nice signature that
you can show off to your friends? or a utterly garbage autograph that
you aren't sure if it's real or not and pay a ridiculous price for?"
and the guy had hundreds of items...
but this listing is funnier.