Paper money with images of archaeological places

Old November 17th 03, 03:57 PM
Alan D.

Default Paper money with images of archaeological places

Hello everyone;
Could anyone please tell me if there are (and if so which ones) any paper
money
bills with images of archaeological places for the following countries in
South and Central America:

1. Guatemala (image of Tikal)
2. Mexico (Chichenitza, Palenque or such)
3. Peru (Machu Picchu)

I'd greatly appreciate any information. Thank you.

Regards,

Old November 17th 03, 08:27 PM
John Stone

"Alan D." wrote in message ...
Hello everyone;
Could anyone please tell me if there are (and if so which ones) any paper
money
bills with images of archaeological places for the following countries in
South and Central America:

1. Guatemala (image of Tikal)
2. Mexico (Chichenitza, Palenque or such)
3. Peru (Machu Picchu)

I'd greatly appreciate any information. Thank you.

Regards,

I have a Guatemala note with a Mayan stone carving and pyramid, not sure
if they are from Tikal or not. Mexico has several notes with Aztec buildings
and pyramids but I'm not sure if they are the ones you mentioned.

Not sure about Peru but I would be surprised if they did not have Machu Picchu
on one of their notes. It is what the nation is most famous for.

I would try to look at a Standard Catalog of Paper Money (for world issues, not
US) at a local Barnes and Noble (they usually carry them in the hobby section).
Old November 17th 03, 10:43 PM
Alan D.

Hi John;
Thanks for the info. Would it be possible by any chance that you e'mail me
over a scan of this Guatemalan note with Mayan ruins? I'll check around. I
actually live in Canada so will have to find a different source for some
kind of catalogue (btw, any such catalogues available on-line?). I also
already found a note from 1975, 1000 Peruvian soles with an amazing image of
Machu Picchu. Thanks again for your response.

Best regards,

Alan D.

Old November 19th 03, 11:30 AM
samain

The back of the Peru 100 Soles of 1976 portrays Machu Picchu (P-114) and
the back of the 1/2 Quetzals (for the past several years) shows a
temple at Tikal (or a temple named Tikal?). The back of the Mexican
1,000 Pesos (from about 1959 to 1977, P-52 series) features a temple
from Chichenitza. All the above notes can be found on my website. Hope
this helps. Take care. Sincerely, Ron Wise

--
Ron Wise
"Ron Wise's World Paper Money Homepage"

Old November 19th 03, 03:56 PM
Alan D.

Ron;
Thanks a lot!!! This is exactly what I was looking for. I actually also
found out that 1000 Peru soles from 1974 shows Machu Picchu as well. I'll
check out your web site as soon as I'm back on the high speed. Thank you
again.

Best regards,

Alan D.