Michael Shea's 'Fat Face'

Old September 3rd 03, 10:19 AM
Yog-Bear

Default Michael Shea's 'Fat Face'

I really enjoyed Michael Shea's story, especially with it's
Lovecraftian mythos connections and my interest in that area. It seems
to have gone though a number of limited editions. The one I have is
denoted 'PC' and was Karl Edward Wagner's personal copy which I
acquired a few years ago. Can anyone give me a rough idea of its
value? I've got it up for offer, but not exactly sure what I should
accept as a reserve?

http://www.yog-sothoth.com/modules.p...iewtopic&t=226

Cheers,

PM
Old September 7th 03, 08:22 PM
Htn963

Yog-Bear wrote:

I really enjoyed Michael Shea's story, especially with it's
Lovecraftian mythos connections and my interest in that area.

I liked his Nift the Lean collection and plan to read "The Autopsy."

It seems
to have gone though a number of limited editions. The one I have is
denoted 'PC' and was Karl Edward Wagner's personal copy which I
acquired a few years ago. Can anyone give me a rough idea of its
value? I've got it up for offer, but not exactly sure what I should
accept as a reserve?

A bookfinder.com search shows two such copies (one of 8 "PC" edition) by
the same dealer for sale for $400 each.

Cite:

http://www.bookfinder.com/search/?ac...bcVqPLruFmtztu
Ss_0732109814_1:85:183

But take that with lots of salt, considering the sometimes incredible
mark-up on ABE et al.

--
Ht

|Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore
never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
--John Donne, "Devotions Upon Emergent Occasions"|
Old September 8th 03, 12:23 AM
paghat

In article ,
(Htn963) wrote:

Yog-Bear wrote:

I really enjoyed Michael Shea's story, especially with it's
Lovecraftian mythos connections and my interest in that area.

I liked his Nift the Lean collection and plan to read "The Autopsy."

It seems
to have gone though a number of limited editions. The one I have is
denoted 'PC' and was Karl Edward Wagner's personal copy which I
acquired a few years ago. Can anyone give me a rough idea of its
value? I've got it up for offer, but not exactly sure what I should
accept as a reserve?

A bookfinder.com search shows two such copies (one of 8 "PC"

edition) by
the same dealer for sale for $400 each.

The same September day Paul Maclean posted this he spammed me directly at
home to see if I was interested in bidding on the book, but without the
pretense of needing advice, just wanting his auction to get some action.
In most of the many newsgroups he spammed he got the responses which spams
deserve -- None. It looks like his UseNet history is divided between
super-nurd crap on role playing games (he's a dungeons & dragons sort of
guy, but for Cthulhu, & frequently spamming for sales even in that
category), plus a few things not about gaming which are always spams &
stealth spams.

In general he rarely bothers to pretend to need advice when spamming
newsgroups or peoples' homes at e-mail addresses he gleans from
websearches, but he will frame the ads as stealth-spams where spamming is
explicitely prohibited by charter, such as in r.c.b., where he could end
up netcopped.

So Paul Maclean didn't really want advice; this was stealth spam
exclusively. The first time he tried to sell it was in July, & he asked
for advice on value then too, & got his answer at that time if he'd really
needed one, yet come September still needing to sell the thing he again
pretends to needing advice. I trust that nobody risked a bid, as stealth
spamming is dishonest, & dishonest vendors as a rule shouldn't be trusted
with $$, credit card numbers, or checks. Cuz who knows what all else will
be just as dishonest.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
See the Garden of Paghat the Ratgirl:
http://www.paghat.com/
Old September 9th 03, 07:01 PM
Htn963

paghat wrote:

snip

So Paul Maclean didn't really want advice; this was stealth spam
exclusively.

That's what I suspected but I was feeling generous and thought I give him
the benefit of the doubt.

BTW, paghat, are you single?