shill bidding..

Old October 25th 07, 10:35 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Mr Black

Default shill bidding..

no one here has said i'm a problem except you and mr. black (who i still
believe is just a shill name you use)...

Oh, i don't think youre a problem........I just think youre mentally unwell.
I am being serious about this.
I think you likely take meds to level out your moods. And if what Im saying
is not correct, then you actually should actually go see someone and perhaps
consider it.

As for I being a Sue sock.......I have been on here for about 4 years longer
than Sue...so that kind of shoots down yet another brilliant conclusion
professor mike.

MrB.

--

ANNOYING USENET SINCE 1996

Old October 25th 07, 10:39 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Mr Black

"barefoot" wrote in message
ups.com...
wow! that's all i can say in response...wow!

did Gummby3 own you that badly?

MrB

--

ANNOYING USENET SINCE 1996

Old October 25th 07, 10:40 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Mr Black

"Gummby3" wrote in message
. net...
I've been reading this, just to see where it goes. One thing that is
obvious is that you're again making broad "definitive" responses that you
can not be 100% on. Saying "nobody" likes Sue is ludicrous, to say the
least. I have never met her in person, but she has never given me a
reason to not like her personality. She goes out of her way to help and
educate others without expecting anything in return, just like I do. Just
because a big company says that something is not happening or is not
harming/cheating others can never be taken at face value. Tobacco
companies said for years that cigarettes were perfectly safe until they
were pinned down with the fact that smoking (DUH!) causes cancer. Just
because Ebay says that shill bidding isn't happening cries the old saying,
"Ignore the man behind the curtain". It is considered by many that I know
that use, or have used, Ebay that they will always side with the money
over the "little man". The only thing that they are really, honestly
interested in hearing from the users is the spoof@ ebay.com when thieves
try to rip off possible clients. Saying that Sue's investigations have no
merit is just as ludicrous as saying nobody likes her. Yes, I will give
you, that there is a SMALL percent chance that every one of this guy's
auctions had bidders with 0 ratings jump on his items, but that's
stretching it.

I applaud Sue's efforts to helping fellow collectors. If we were to take
everything at face value because a company says everything is "okay", we'd
be in trouble. In most cases, we're ALL sheep, but it does take a wolf to
stir up the flock some times to make us see that everything is not always
"okay". It may prove to be fruitless in the end, but then again...

--

Mike
Gummby3

Silence! You are clearly yet another long term poster here who is nothing
more than a Sue shill/sock/sheep! That now makes 3 of us

MrB

--

ANNOYING USENET SINCE 1996

Old October 25th 07, 11:28 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Bob

The prices are high, but if you buy from the store they are warrantied
for life. My wide recently noticed some fraying on her oldest back and
she brought it in and they told her they couldn't fix it so they let
her pick a new one off the wall. It was about 35.00 more then the one
she returned, they keep track of the prices so she had to pay the
extra 35.00. So it's worth it. Email me with pictures of the ones you
like, if I get some time I'll check out the outlet (with out the wife,
so it doesn't cost me anything) and let you know if they have them and
the price and I can pickone up for you. But it might be weeks before I
make it up there.

Bob

Sue Sock #2

Old October 25th 07, 11:38 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Bob

I might just change my name to SueSock2, I like it Mr. B!!!!!!

As for Mike, you're constant pitching for PSA makes me nervous,
because you as a person are unreliable as a source now, you have
admitted to shill bidding, you may or may not have forged autographs
and most importantly your character here. Actually you would do better
to stop posting because you damage your character every time you mouth
off and insult people or make generalizations. I'm sure you run a
profitable business and enjoy what you do but some basic business
classes and an ethics course would do you a lot of good, I'm not
trying to be insulting just making an honest recomendation.

Old October 25th 07, 03:03 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Thanks Mike; it's all I tried to do (help others from not getting
ripped off). This time, it's not forgery too which surprised me.
It's not about me as Barefoot said because what can YOU do for me?
Nothing. It's about warning others. It's just too coincidental with
this guy and my guess is if you or others here bid on his items, you'd
see that nasty 'new user ID' with the "0" feedback bidding if the item
is under 50 bucks and close to the end of the auction. It happens if
the item is not going for what it needs to and that on it's own face
was bad enough but to look at dozens of auctions and seeing that 0
there almost every time and all with the *** (meaning that the fault
in the field won't take the bidder ID so you can complain). After
looking at others on Ebay, it's still coincidental that he's got SO
many of those as well as patterns with them. small letters, both the
same at the beginning and end.

It's hard to shill bid I think. I haven't come across that many cases
of it really. You do have to register a credit card with a each ID so
that would be hard. But I think it's easier for those who do mega
sales on Ebay and have the inventory and funds. To be that high means
you have people working for you.... and that seems to lend itself to
more possibilities of this type of thing.

As for this guy, he stuff that I looked at was seemingly authentic
(which is amazing as this and Luis Vuitton etc are forged a lot like
the autographs are). To be honest, I could still buy the three bags I
was looking at at his price because they are still "deals" by all
means. They retail about 3 times what they are about to sell for but
by auctions end, they'll still be about half price. But that's not
the point. The point is to rid Ebay of liars and theives and NOT to
give them your business. I am not saying do NOT buy from this guy; I
am simply warning people that if you do bid, to be very careful
because I BET you will see that new ID pop up with that 0 feedback
outbidding you and bidding a LOT to up the price... just be aware of
that. Is he worse than a forger? Probably not. But still, he's
trying to work a scam maybe so be careful.

Old October 25th 07, 03:05 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

That's not even worth a dignified answer Mr. B. I am not sure, but
it's possible here that others have received mail from both of us
(physical mail) and we live on two different continents which is hard
to alter that IP! So don't even lower yourself to respond to his
nonsense.

Old October 25th 07, 03:10 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Surprisingly, I came onto the internet in the mid 90's about a year or
so before the OJ trial. I was only on an OJ board (my first
introduction to boards and I only posted a couple time) and it wasn't
usenet. I didn't even discover usenet till a few years ago. I had
taken and internet course I think in 2000 or so and the instructor
told us that was a good way to meet others with similar likes. So
that's about the time I got on here I think. I can't be sure. My
first PC was the ADAM by Coleco. LOL it had a daisy wheel printer
that made the worst noise and my monitor was a 12" b/w TV and it used
cartdridges. The most impressive games were text adventures and
towards the end, there was maniac mansion or something like that and
from there we converted to whatever was just before the 286. That's
how long I've been on PC; but the net I was I guess a late comer to.

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 19:39:25 +1000, "Mr Black"
wrote:

oups.com...

Old October 25th 07, 03:18 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

thanks Bob; no worries about doing that. We have two Coach stores
here but they are totally retail. I did NOT know about the lifetime
guarantee. LOL I thought that was only a Tupperware and Craftsman
thing! Very cool.

Basically, there is no specific one I want. My criteria is black and
brown, not too much decor on it, larger sizes preferred (10-12"); and
preferably not suede unless it's a small decoration. Too hard to
clean. I've been looking at the Hampton signature ones...

I have been trying not to buy as much from Ebay. But I've been on a
coin buying spree and I am looking at one or two Hallmark ornaments I
listed. Oh, and I bought a dinosaur egg (that was a long research
project; took me a week to educated myself before bidding and then
another few days talking with the seller before I bought from him).
So, if anyone here is interested in fossils, dinorsaur eggs or other
such stuff, this guy is good. He even was able to identify my very
own found fossil in a matter or an hour or so! I had it for 20 plus
years and never could figure it out!

Old October 25th 07, 03:25 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Mike, how would you know that? In the past year or two, things have
calmed down a LOT for me. I don't sell stuff. I do though, STILL get
emails from people who stumble upon my site, heard about me from other
collectors and such. I get questions all the time and recently was
even in contact with a celeb who asked about graphs on Ebay (minor SW
one but still...). I don't talk to many now on the subject for sure
but I am still getting a few people here and there (which is what I
was hoping for). I haven't been collecting actively for the better
part of 7 months. I lost interest, instead focused on family and
weekend treks (we've been out every weekend since mid-May). I plan to
stay home this weekend and MIGHT do a few graph requests. Regardless,
I am far from dead and people still remember me and I am still in
contact periodically with people; a couple go back well more than 12
years!

Bob knows a lot of them I am sure as he did Star Wars as well. I hope
to be at the next ComicCon or SW Celebration to meet up with a few.
You though, I don't know. I don't want to spoil a good trip.

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 18:47:32 -0700, barefoot
wrote:

well, you continue to slander and lie about me...so of course i'm
going to get defensive...LOL (sarcasm all over on that one)...
you seem quite delusional if you want people to think that people ask
you about the autograph business in any phase...much less about my
personal business...there just aren't people out there asking you
anything...
but it's nice to know that you NEVER answered anything, just wanted to
rip into me, but then go ahead and accuse me of trying to rip into
you.

This just in...Nudo shill bidding tip? DeserTBoB 8 Track Tapes 4 September 24th 06 06:22 PM
Shill Bidding????? BigDog Coins 9 February 24th 06 06:33 PM
Shill Bidding. Why doesn't Ebay ever do anything..... BH90210L Baseball 0 June 12th 05 01:24 PM
Shill bidding? RW Julian Coins 3 September 23rd 04 02:27 AM
Shill Bidding Sandra Wise Coins 2 August 15th 03 07:44 PM