Oversize coin image at school eliminates "In God we trust"

Old June 2nd 06, 01:35 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default Oversize coin image at school eliminates "In God we trust"

"Brian O" wrote in message

"Jonathan_ATC" wrote in message
news

As a retiree from a 33-year public school teaching career, I would
have
respectfully disagree that "meanness" is a requisite quality for

success
in
teaching. Of course, someone has to be in charge, has to make the

plans,
has to be the adult, and that is the person in front of the classroom.
That
said, respect is earned by being spent. If the students get the
notion
that
you respect them, they will respect you back. There were/are many of

my
colleagues who didn't understand that, and they led/lead lives of
frustration.

Let's see, where are coins in all this? Oh, yes, the same kind of
symbiosis
can exist among collectors, as well as between collectors and dealers,
whether at a bourse or on eBay. Pretty sneaky of me, huh? 8)

Mr. Jaggers

Hey, I didn't mention the "meanness" my interning teacher did.

How'd you sneak coins into this discussion?
LOL!

Jonathan_ATC

I neglected to make one additional observation. The talk in teachers'
lounges is not necessarily indicative of teachers' real opinions. It is
more the phenomenon of "letting off steam" after having frustrating
experiences dealing with kids, parents, administrators, coaches, board
members, and various school-bashers who always know more about education
than anyone else.

Thats assuming that the teachers actually KNOW more about education than
those around them. Results speak for themselves.

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of know-it-all, bleeding heart, flaming,
pablum-puking, blaspheming, godless secular humanist, evolutionist,
never-met-a-Communist-dictator-we-didn't-like, pro-abortion, tree-hugging,
kid-despising, unionist money-grubbing, Ted Kennedy worshipping, Hillary
fawning, Europe admiring, America hating, gay marriage advocating, SUV
bashing, French-looking, terrorist sympathizing, Constitution flouting, big
bang believing, flag burning, NEA joining, Al Gore loving, global warming
fearing, pointy-haired, liberal pothead environmentalist wackos. Let's see,
did I forget anything? Yes, I did. Some of us are numismatists, perhaps
the greatest sin of all.

Mr. Jaggers

Old June 2nd 06, 04:12 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

news "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote in message

[...]

You forgot bloviating.

Old June 2nd 06, 04:44 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Brian O" wrote in message

"Brian O" wrote in message

[...]

By his own admission, that's Bill O'Reilly's job. We defer to his superior
talent as a master teacher. Besides, we have enough to do, what with the
waging of our War on Christmas, as well as the completing of our Whitman
folders for Lincoln cents (someday we'll be able to afford the nicer Whitman
Classic albums, but that'll be after we get our Master's Degree plus 30 for
the big unmerited pay raise). By the way, that 1909-S V.D.B. hole has been
bugging me for a long time. Anybody got one for sale, really, really cheap?
After all, with a mintage of almost half a million, they can't be all that
rare. I see them all over the bourse floor, even at the dinky shows over at
the Moose Lodge in East Kumquat. It seems that every dealer there has at
least one, often two. What's the matter with those guys, anyway, asking the
prices they do for a coin that is downright common? Oops, here I go,
bloviating about coins again!

Mr. Jaggers

Old June 2nd 06, 07:29 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

BRAVO!! BRAVO!!
Aram.
======================

Old June 3rd 06, 02:56 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

[...]

Hehehe

I *would* print that out and stick it upo in our staffroom, but there are
way too many US-centric references.

Hell!- I think I will re-write it for us Aussies.

--
Jeff R.
(don't bother me - I'm composing)

Old June 3rd 06, 03:18 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Jeff R" wrote in message
u...

[...]

I'd like to read your version, Jeff. Just make sure you include a reference
to some obscure fact of Aussie numismatics! And, by the way, what do you
teach up-over?

Mr. Jaggers