Found a coin shop/Lost a coin shop

Old August 7th 03, 01:55 AM
The Numismasochist

Default Found a coin shop/Lost a coin shop

Cliff,
Dalton is weekend of the sixtenth of August. You ought to try to
drive into Atlanta Saturday the 23rd and attend the club meeting in
Dunwoody. We could "shake and howdy."

On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 19:30:20 -0400, Cliff
wrote:

(BobbyShaw) wrote:

Today I was in downtown Douglasville, Georgia picking up my new rifle
and I remembered that one of the older collectibles/antiques shop had
a sign in the window saying "we buy old coins" but I had never stopped
in. So, today I walked in and he had several cases of nicely priced
gold and silver US coins. He also had a sign that said "going out of
business, retiriing" so, I found him, bought a few things that I
couldn't live without and in the same breath wished him good luck on
his retirement.
Sometimes gems lay under your nose and you never know.
Cliff

I've past by that shop/sign MANY times -- usually on my way to the mall, or to
Douglasville for dinner, but never stopped in. Since I found the store in
Marietta, I usually head up there when I'm in the coin buying mood.

Does he still have a good selection (or did you buy him out of the deals) or
has he already disposed of most of his inventory?

If he's still got some stuff left, I might try to swing over that way this
weekend.

BTW, when is that Dalton coin show, and were you still planning on attending?
Still like to meet up with a fellow RCCer

Robert Shaw

He still has quite a few circulated dollars and a few proof sets. He
wouldn't come off the prices of the coins but was discounting
everything else in the store so by this weekend he may start dropping
prices. I picked up a pretty nice 1908 2 1/2 gold Indian and a few
silver dollars.
Not sure when the Dalton show is going to be but not likely I'll make
a show anytime soon since I'm in the middle of a major tree cutting
project and that is taking up most evenings and the weekends too.
Cliff

----------------------
Mickey W

----------------------
Old August 7th 03, 04:11 AM
BobbyShaw

I'm going to be in Atlanta the week of the 25th. It's for work, so my days
are
scheduled until 6pm or so. Meeting another RCCer or two would be cool.

Are you going to be downtown (like at the World Congress Center for a
convention or something)? I work downtown, within walking distance of the CNN
center, World Congress Center, etc. If this is where you'll be, I'd be happy
to meet up with you after work.

Robert Shaw
(posted and e-mailed)
--
Does olive oil really help with corroded coins? Check out my experiment at:
http://www.mindspring.com/~robe294/o...xperiment.html

Coin grading/authentication services -- periodic post Linda Coins 6 August 8th 03 06:25 AM
A coin I like but you probably won't Bill Krummel Coins 11 August 3rd 03 01:50 PM
Should I be worried about coin damage? Ron Coins 8 August 1st 03 03:38 AM
Help on telling repro Linda Coins 11 July 30th 03 02:03 AM
Coin returns and a question about toning Bill Krummel Coins 28 July 11th 03 02:09 AM