India~officials

Old September 1st 09, 03:51 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Default India~officials

With the Indian Officials (asokan capital) in naye paise,
Is there any way to distinguish between Lithographed and Typographed
apart from the colour?
I have a swag to ID and would welcome any tips for sorting.

Thanks.

Old September 1st 09, 05:03 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On Aug 31, 10:51*pm, "rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au
wrote:
With the Indian Officials (asokan capital) in naye paise,
Is there any way to distinguish between Lithographed and Typographed
apart from the colour?
I have a swag to ID and would welcome any tips for sorting.

Thanks.

start with cancel dates
Old September 1st 09, 08:38 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Asia-translation

wrote:

With the Indian Officials (asokan capital) in naye paise,
Is there any way to distinguish between Lithographed and Typographed
apart from the colour?
I have a swag to ID and would welcome any tips for sorting.

Thanks.

start with cancel dates

Rodney

Gibbons Part 1 distinguishes the shades and printing methods. If you
can't lay hands on a copy, I'll scan the relevant bits for you.

Tony
Old September 1st 09, 11:23 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Yes please Tony,
I need all the help I can get.
Really, it is just a matter for wmks, but I really would like to
avoid dunking the trillions, if another avenue is available.
Cheers

"Asia-translation" Rodney

Old September 1st 09, 12:18 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

I can reciprocate, if you wish,
with latest price list on the Oz Postage dues?
Rodney.

"Asia-translation"

Old September 2nd 09, 11:55 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Asia-translation

On Sep 1, 9:18 pm, "rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au wrote:
I can reciprocate, if you wish,
with latest price list on the Oz Postage dues?
Rodney.

"Asia-translation"

Gibbons Part 1 distinguishes the shades and printing methods. If you
can't lay hands on a copy, I'll scan the relevant bits for you.

Tony

Scan sent. And thanks, Rodney: I'm always interested in seeing how
my retirement funds sunk into Australian Postage Dues are going!

Tony
Old September 2nd 09, 02:01 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Scan sent. And thanks, Rodney: I'm always interested in seeing how
my retirement funds sunk into Australian Postage Dues are going!

Tony

That's not silly at all, make a lot of sense, providing you archive prudently.

Here is a good luck story from the phossick box.............
http://cjoint.com/data/jco6bxAUhX.htm

acknowledgement: Robin Linke 2009 Australian price list.

Old September 2nd 09, 02:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Why send it?
You can download the entire price list (7Mb) here....
http://www.robinlinke.com.au/prices

HTH

"Asia-translation"

Old September 3rd 09, 08:44 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Asia-translation

On Sep 2, 11:07 pm, "rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au wrote:
Why send it?
You can download the entire price list (7Mb) here....http://www.robinlinke.com.au/prices

HTH

"Asia-translation"

Scan sent. And thanks, Rodney: I'm always interested in seeing how
my retirement funds sunk into Australian Postage Dues are going!

Tony

Just the thing! Thanks Rodney