3w1 wallbox to pc

Old February 8th 04, 12:58 AM
Alex

Default 3w1 wallbox to pc

I have a 3w1 wallbox that i would like to interface to a pc
please help

Thanks in advance

Alex

Old February 8th 04, 01:12 PM
Joseph A. Tony Dziedzic

What exactly are you looking for? A circuit design? The specifics of how the
3W1 signals the selection mechanism (pulse sequence)?

Joseph "Tony" Dziedzic

Old February 9th 04, 12:20 AM
Joseph A. Tony Dziedzic

Can't help with a circuit, but here's how the wallbox functions.

Orange is ground connection
Green is supply connection (25 volts AC)
Blue is pulse output (connects to orange to generate pulse)

The Seeburg 100 select registration mechanism consists of five groups of
twenty selector coils. Each group corresponds to a pair of letters: A & B are
group 1, C & D are group 2, and so on. Each group of twenty selector coils is
divided into two sections: the first ten correspond to the first letter in a
group (e.g., A1, A9, A10), while the second ten correspond to the second
letter in a group.

The wallbox generates from 1 to 21 pulses to select the selector coil (the
first pulse is a "set up" pulse to get the step switches into proper sync for
the pulses that follow). So, two pulses correspond to the coil number 1 in a
group, three pulses correspond to the coil number 2 in a group, and so on.

After a short pause the wallbox generates from 1 to 5 pulses to select the
group.

The pulse timing is fairly strict; 1/25th of a second duration, 1/25th of a
second interval between pulses in a set (selection or group). A 1/5th second
pulse separates the two pulse trains.

Hope that helps.

Joseph "Tony" Dziedzic

Old February 9th 04, 12:43 AM
Ebeneezer Geezer

There was someone who was selling interfaces between the wallboxes (and it
supported a number of different types) and some of the CD decks with a
control port on them. Don't remember the name, but if you found that, it may
provide you with some more info.

Old February 9th 04, 12:44 AM
Alex

I really need software to interface this thing to my pc, i have a relay i
hooked up to use as my interface, i have it so that the pulses are w's so
each pule is w
so 4 pulses are wwww and so on please help

thanks in advance alex

Old February 9th 04, 05:56 AM
George Howell

Like these:
http://www.cdadapter.com/rwa.htm

I think I remember at least one other maker, but I stopped worrying about it.
I'd rather hook my two wallboxes up to my Seeburg

--
George Howell "I ride for the same reason dogs stick their head out
of car windows"

Old February 9th 04, 10:59 AM
Bob

Alex

Data Sync puts out some high quality adapters. I have purchased
several of the wallbox to CD adapters. Give them a call I think the
guy I talked to is Ed Fisher. His Wife sells the adapters on E-bay.
Real nice guy if anyone can help you he can and will. He helped a guy
in FL set up a wallbox to operate a DVD disk changer.

Bob Hoskins

Old February 11th 04, 01:39 PM
Mark Robinson

Hi Alex,

I think some of the sources given do have an interface that connects to a PC. Have you checked any out?

I can see how you generate the "w" the ASCII in binary format is 1110111 so assuming you get the logic level and baud rate set
correctly, you will get that result. I have doubts how reliable that will be, but it might just work. Did you think this
scheme up? If so, its a clever solution. That is actually the hard part. I could throw together a bare bones Visual Basic or
c++ windows program that would decode the string of w's (and take into account the timing between the two groups of pulses) and
execute an off the shelf mp3 player with a specifically named mp3 file for example, song00.mp3 for the first selection and
song99.mp3 for the 100'th. The question is how much are you willing to pay for me to write the code? If you are interested,
e-mail me privately and we can talk.

Mark