Nudo the bull**** artist at his best (worst?)

Old November 23rd 05, 04:32 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

Default Nudo the bull**** artist at his best (worst?)

Noodles has stepped on his dick again, this time by trying to hype a
'49 Olds engine/trans. on eBay Motors, to wit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1949-...spagenameZWDVW

USING TODAY'S BUILDING TECHNIQUES, UP THE COMPRESSION, PORTING, THIS
ENGINE WOULD EASILY BE CAPABLE OF MAKING 400-500HP OR MORE.

HAHAHAHA!!!! What a JOKE! The '49-'62 Olds was one of GM's stronger
engines, sure, but was never used much for racing past around 1955.
Chronic valve lifter problems and lack of aftermarket parts hindered
its application for the hot rod Neanderthals, who opted instead for
the much cheaper and less well designed Chevy 265 after 1955..

This engine/transmission was seen in many "T buckets" of the '50s and
'60s, but never much in "race cars." The Cadillac 331/HydraMatic was
another T bucket favorite. Actually, the Cadillac was the winner at
racing in 1949 through 1951, not the Olds, which always came in
behind. Briggs Cunningham piloted a '49 Cad to victory at Daytona in
1949 and again in 1950, when Cadillacs were the most powerful and
fastest production cars on the planet. The Oldsmobiles, with their
smaller displacement and less efficient design, came in right behind,
with the old timers, like Packard's straight 8, lagging way behind.

This engine would be fine for a restorer in need of a core to rebuild.
But hyping it for racing??? PURE CHARLIE NUDO DELUSION!

I know...I had several '50s Oldsmobiles. I'm sure I know this engine
far better than Noodles ever will.
Old November 24th 05, 03:36 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 08:32:08 -0800, DeserTBoB
wrote:

The '49-'62 Olds was one of GM's stronger
engines, sure, but was never used much for racing past around 1955. snip

One should mention that the "Second Rocket," the 1964-1986
330/350/400/425/455 replacement for the 303/324/371/394 of '49-'62,
was also quite a robust engine, and was the engine of choice of
inboards for speed boats in the '70s up to today, due to their stump
pulling torque afforded by a very undersquare layout. The Olds W30
and W33 were also able performers, and the Olds 4-4-2 equipped with
the W30 would easily wipe out any Chevy 396 that would come its way,
much to the chagrin of Chevy SS fans who'd have to cough up pink slips
in street races.

The "Old Rocket" had its share of teething problems that Cadillac's
Barr-Cole engine of 1949-'62 never had, such as a bad hydraulic lifter
design and a propensity for oils of the day to sludge in the "valley"
if they were paraffin based. This is why most Olds owners in the '50s
always ran Havoline oils; they were asphalt based and didn't sludge
due to oxidation as did Pennzoil and others. It was quite common to
hear a '49-'55 Olds idling with the typical "natti-natti-natti-natti"
of a gallery of collapsed valve lifters, due Olds' use of a disc,
rather than ball, check valve. The final year of the 324 cu. in.
version for 1956 took care of that problem, but then substituted the
slushy Dual Coupling HydraMatic (Olds called it "Jetaway") for the
ungodly strong and efficient cast iron HydraMatic of 1938-1955.

GMC Truck and Coach would use the truck versions of the old HydraMatic
until 1963, when GM Corporate started "decontenting" all GM lines,
forcing various divisions to start sharing cheaper components with
others to cut costs, cut quality and boost profits. Unknown to most,
it was 1962 that marked the last year of independent design and
production for GMC's light and medium trucks; the following year
showed them basically to be Chevies with GMC trim and big V6 engines.
Up in Canada, GMC remained independent, and still fielded their
monstrous gas V12 (702 cu. in.) for us in their medium duty line. Both
the V6 and V12 were known as the "Million Miler", and many did indeed
go that far without major overhauls. The V12 was simply two V6 351s
"glued together", a common GM trick used in both the Detroit Diesel
and ElectroMotive Divisions for years. I had the 305D version of this
engine in my '62 GMC pickup, along with the "truck" HydraMatic. I got
over 500K miles off of it, only doing minor maintenance and a valve
job and rocker assembly replacement. Everything else was stock, and I
hear it's still running to this day. Only thing that would kill them
would be overspeeding...anything over 3400 RPM would be death to them.
Old November 24th 05, 12:07 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

(laughter...) man are you digging yourself a hole with these posts-
keep going Bob ! You should stay out of areas you know nothing
about...your net research ain't cuttin' it...you obviously have no
clue, that the early Olds 1949-64 has a HUGE vintage hot rod following,
and is the preferred engine of choice to be "period correct". Wow- you
sure have me laughing now- I'm laughing this off !!! What a gas !

here's a little tidbit...

Thought I would share a little research and information I got with the
Rocketeers. When Olds kicked off the V-8 in 1949, the engine plant was
new and state of the art with 246000 square feet. First the casting was
very high nickel content compared to any other manufacturer. This is
why two bolt main caps do not walk in Old Rockets, I have never seen
one that needed line bored unless it had a dubious history. Four bolt
mains in mush is still four bolts in mush. Milling was automated and
checked after every operation for tolerance on all dimensions. Boring
was accurate to four ten thousandths (.0004") between all cylinders in
each block. Every block was code stamped on valley pan rail as to what
bore size was on each cyclinder.
Rods and crank are forged units and rods were matched for equal weight.
Cranks were finished to one ten thousandths (.0001") on mains and three
ten thousandths (.0003") on rod throws. Dudes, this is not you super
builder custom machine shop doing this, we are talking production line
run engines coming out the door in 1949 on up! All cranks had bob
weights hung and spun balanced and pistons were sized to bores. Heads
were held to close tolerance so all chambers had equal cubic
centimeters of volume.
Alright, pretty impressive so far, esp. compared to what you can find
today in Jap and European ****boxes- i.e. one-half size rod bearings,
crooked lifter bores, new blocks that the line bore is whacked, and
heads way out in left field. They just don't make them like they did 55
years ago at GM. Now check this out, dyno testing! Olds ran dyno time
of fourty minutes at up to 4000 RPM. Not one engine out of hundred, not
one in fifty, not one in twenty-five, but every DAMN ONE!!! Kinda made
brake-in redundant, when your grandfather picked up his shiney 98.

And Bob is trying to smear an American legend- have at it Bob ! If you
really want to hurt your credibility to that extent ! (laughter...)

Old November 24th 05, 05:14 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

Charlie Nudo Sucks Bush wrote:
(laughter...) man are you digging yourself a hole with these posts-
keep going Bob ! You should stay out of areas you know nothing
about...your net research ain't cuttin' it..

Yeah Charlie, follow your own advice since your research has yet to
show anyone how Iraq was a threat to our national seciruty.

Old November 24th 05, 06:06 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

On 24 Nov 2005 09:14:17 -0800, "Charlie Fraudo"
wrote:

Charlie Nudo Sucks Bush wrote:
(laughter...) man are you digging yourself a hole with these posts-
keep going Bob ! You should stay out of areas you know nothing
about...your net research ain't cuttin' it..

Yeah Charlie, follow your own advice since your research has yet to
show anyone how Iraq was a threat to our national seciruty. snip

Not seeing his post, I can only imagine what kind of **** he dredged
up out of Goo Goo to make his case. I've had five Oldsmobiles...a
'53, two '55s, a '57 and a '70, so I know both the Old and New Rockets
quite well. Charlie Nudo just pulls up Goo Goo and usually
plagiarizes his posts with cut and pastes...just like he plagiarizes
alignment tapes and "quad frauds." Now he's a supposed Oldsmobile
expert...six months ago, he was a supposed "founding member" and
"member of the board" of some Pontiac foamers' site...until they
kicked him off, of course.

Of course, Iraq was never at any time a direct threat to the US. It
was all just a lie to get Cheneyburton in country. George W. Bush
will be only the second president in US history to be impeached from
office, but Dick Cheney will be the FIRST vice president impeached.
Spiro Agnew, facing impeachment, resigned instead. Dick Cheney hasn't
got the decency to do so, and Bush is too stupid and arrogant.

Charlie Nudo...Usenet's biggest ****wad.

George Bush...the United States' biggest ****wad.

What a team!