A collecting forum. CollectingBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CollectingBanter forum » Collecting newsgroups » Juke Boxes
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Rock-ola 470 Selection problem

Old June 25th 12, 03:14 PM

First recorded activity by CollectingBanter: Jun 2012
Default Rock-ola 470 Selection problem

Hi

I recently bought a Rock Ola 470 in very bad shape. I got most of it working, but recently I picked up a problem. I will press the selection buttons and the selection arm will start turning and just not stop to select the record.
Its like it waiting for a command to stop and energize the hammer. I swopped the stop and write relays around as well as the two in the selection box.
Problem stays the same.
Checked all the fuses and swopped some of the relays around.
If I press the reset button it stops. If i select a number on the drum manually its plays fine. I dont have a manual for the unit and being in South Africa it will take about 6 weeks to get one in the mail.

Ay ideas?
Thanks
Ads
Old July 2nd 12, 05:43 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Russel Willoughby
external usenet poster

Default Rock-ola 470 Selection problem

On Monday, June 25, 2012 10:14:26 AM UTC-4, Johandj73 wrote:

I recently bought a Rock Ola 470 in very bad shape. I got most of it
working, but recently I picked up a problem. I will press the selection
buttons and the selection arm will start turning and just not stop to
select the record.
Its like it waiting for a command to stop and energize the hammer.

Attached to the selection arm there is a set of wiper fingers that make contact with a big round printed circuit disc on the selection drum. The wipers and the disc contacts are probably dirty. There are many other possible causes for this problem, but cleaning these contacts is a good place to start. Good luck.

--- Russel ---