New contest - Cryptic Puzzle

Old February 18th 04, 05:47 AM
Coin Saver

Default New contest - Cryptic Puzzle

Okokok
Here is the cryptic puzzle:

In the last Presidential Election year we voted in Bush / This Presidential
Election year, the choices will probably include Bush again / This time, the
Valentine's Day Factor is different, whereas the St. Patrick's Day Factor
remains the same / What a difference a day makes, not to mention four years.

First response that I deem to be "close enough to be considered correct" will
win a prize. My decision is final.
Email replies / guesses to:

One reply / guess per person / screenname / RCCer.
Newbies & Lurkers welcomed to guess.

Coin Saver
Old February 18th 04, 12:58 PM
James Higby

The solution may involve leap day/leap year. But even then, both
Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's Day fall on different days of the week in
2004 than they did in 2000.

Old February 18th 04, 04:49 PM
Scot Kamins

In article ,
Alan & Erin Williams wrote:

The way you have this structured, it's just for in-the-know folks.

Can you share some info so that the rest of us can play?

Coinsaver, meet Scott. Scott, meet Coinsaver.

There you go, Mr. Kamins. You now know as much as the rest of us. ;-)

Oh. I get it. The question itself is - d'uh.

Scot Kamins
--
RCC's Resident Newbie

Old February 18th 04, 05:50 PM
Mike Hairfield

oh yes it was in fact every 4 years is a leap year unless you live on Mars.
)

Mike

"nope" wrote in message

2000 was not a leap year :-)

(snip)

Old February 18th 04, 07:04 PM
Steven Preston

oh yes it was in fact every 4 years is a leap
year unless you live on Mars.

Oh no it weren't neither- if the year is evenly divisible by 400, then
it's not a leap year. 2000 wasn't and neither will 2400 be. It sounds
crazy but it's true.

-Steve

FS: Marvel Comics "Fantastic Four" Prism Edition Jig-Saw Puzzle J.R. Sinclair General 0 December 16th 03 05:54 AM
Contest, second chance and update Bill Krummel Coins 5 November 25th 03 07:50 AM
The RCC ESSAY Contest Robert A. DeRose, Jr. Coins 57 September 25th 03 03:48 AM
My First Contest Eric Babula Coins 37 September 19th 03 03:26 PM
Hearst Castle Puzzle, Sandra Kuck, Donna Gelsinger, more! gracings General 0 September 5th 03 04:13 PM