Thoughts while shaving

Old January 27th 09, 03:48 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
George D[_5_]

Default Thoughts while shaving

Did you know that in the 2008 Silver proof sets there are

14 coins total

6 silver coins

Those 6 coins weigh 55.5 grams total

at 90% silver they contain 1.6 ounces of silver.
Old January 27th 09, 04:12 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Arizona Coin Collector

"George D" wrote in message

Did you know that in the 2008 Silver proof sets there are

14 coins total

6 silver coins

Those 6 coins weigh 55.5 grams total

at 90% silver they contain 1.6 ounces of silver.

Hello

At least you did not cut yourself shaving. I hate doing that every
other day.

Old January 27th 09, 04:18 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jud

Arizona Coin Collector wrote:

At least you did not cut yourself shaving. I hate doing that every
other day.

Shave? Hahahahahahahaha

Jud the Bearded
Old January 27th 09, 01:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"Jud" wrote in message

Arizona Coin Collector wrote:

At least you did not cut yourself shaving. I hate doing that every
other day.

Shave? Hahahahahahahaha

Jud the Bearded

With the economy what it is and in an attempt to reduce my carbon footprint,
I have cut back shaving to once a week and I recycle the clippings.

Old January 27th 09, 04:51 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
bluemagic

Not to be picky, but I count 7 silver coins--

http://catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wcs...egory_rn=10211
Old January 27th 09, 06:25 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bill Krummel

"George D" wrote in message
Did you know that in the 2008 Silver proof sets there are

14 coins total

6 silver coins

Those 6 coins weigh 55.5 grams total

at 90% silver they contain 1.6 ounces of silver.

George, I get 1.33823 ounces of silver, troy weight I guess.

5 quarters X 0.18084 = 0.90420
1 dime 0.07234
1 half 0.36169

total pure silver 1.33823

$16.15 of silver at $12.07/ ounce. What is very interesting for the bargain
hunters is that some years of silver proof sets with 7 silver coins are
grey-sheeted at $21-$23 and can sometimes be purchased ( I did so recently
at the local coin club auction) for less than greysheet, making the (my)
purchase close to current melt and a guaranteed value if silver climbs just
a little.

Bill

Old January 27th 09, 07:15 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
George D[_5_]

bluemagic wrote:
Not to be picky, but I count 7 silver coins--

http://catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wcs...egory_rn=10211

Yep and the wights are all wrong.

5 quarters 6.25 grams each = 31.25
1 dime 2.5 grams = 2.50