eBay yobbo of the month

Old May 26th 06, 07:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

Default eBay yobbo of the month

http://tinyurl.com/z5msd

This guy don't think much of his "collection," do he?
Old May 26th 06, 07:37 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

"Bud Webster" wrote in message
http://tinyurl.com/z5msd

This guy don't think much of his "collection," do he?

Obviously not, considering how he listed and "displays" them.

Kris
Blinded by the run-on sentences

Old May 26th 06, 07:39 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

In article ,
Bud Webster wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/z5msd

This guy don't think much of his "collection," do he?

Well, not only THAT, but -- or am I reading the listing wrong -- aren't
these all BOMC selections? He says "This AWESOME Collection of Books was
Collected by One Collector, a Book one of The Month Club Subscriber..."
Old May 26th 06, 08:01 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

Well, not only THAT, but -- or am I reading the listing wrong -- aren't
these all BOMC selections? He says "This AWESOME Collection of Books was
Collected by One Collector, a Book one of The Month Club Subscriber..."

That was how I read it. I did send the seller a question asking him to
clarify that point.

"I KNOW BECAUSE I RESEARCHED EVERY SINGLE BOOK HERE"

Where did he do the research? In some alternate universe? I
thought he said they were science fiction, not fantasy!

Old May 26th 06, 09:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

In article .com,
"Sam" wrote:

That was how I read it. I did send the seller a question asking him to
clarify that point.

I did as well.

Where did he do the research? In some alternate universe? I
thought he said they were science fiction, not fantasy!

Now, THAT is funny. :-D
Old May 26th 06, 09:03 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

On Fri, 26 May 2006 18:28:35 GMT, Bud Webster
wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/z5msd

This guy don't think much of his "collection," do he?

Oh wow! Where's my checkbook!

Cheers,

John

Old May 26th 06, 10:05 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

Bud Webster sez:
This guy don't think much of his "collection," do he?

But he has a 99% eBay "star" rating Bud!
I'd gladly offer him $.25 a book but only if he puts them in Brodart DJ
wrappers!

Old May 27th 06, 02:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

On 26 May 2006 14:05:21 -0700, "Fern Duck"
wrote:

Bud Webster sez:
This guy don't think much of his "collection," do he?

But he has a 99% eBay "star" rating Bud!
I'd gladly offer him $.25 a book but only if he puts them in Brodart DJ
wrappers!

I queried the seller on this very subject and assured me that he can
supply flatsigned(tm) first editions of books by Brother Dart (Bro.
Drat) for a modest sum in addition to the bargain titles listed in his
auction. I mentioned several other volumes I've been looking for and
was delighted to hear that he has them all!
(Poems of Thomas Chatterton (signed), (Ethel the Aardvark goes
Quantity Surveying), (De Vermis Mysteries, Ludvig Prinn), (The Journal
of Christopher Syn, with annotations and remarks by Nathaniel Clegg),
(The Best Ghostly Fiction of Christopher Barker Esq.).

What a treasure trove! I feel as though I ought to add a few thousand
dollars as a tip!

Cheers,

John

I think I ought to sell my house in order to capitalize on this
wonderful opportunity!
Old May 28th 06, 09:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

Scot Kamins wrote:
In article ,
Bud Webster wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/z5msd

This guy don't think much of his "collection," do he?

Well, not only THAT, but -- or am I reading the listing wrong -- aren't
these all BOMC selections? He says "This AWESOME Collection of Books was
Collected by One Collector, a Book one of The Month Club Subscriber..."

For a good time check his e-bay feedback. He is the very fortunate
purchaser of the "Adult Website Toolkit - Build Your Own Adult Website."

Just below this is a 29.99 sale of an Agatha Christie Hallowe*n Party"
FIRST edition. He further describes it as having an original dust
jacket. The jacket has a few flaws. He goes on to say it is a Book Club
Edition.

ADDall has what seems to be a comparable if not superior BCE for $2.95.

Conclusions we may draw from this:

1) He has a true entrepreneurial spirit.

2) he full well knows what a BCE is.

3) Will not be posted because a wise man once told me "There is no such
thing as a cheap lawsuit"

I am now considering entering the e-bay food chain with Last Editions.
Old May 29th 06, 09:48 AM posted to rec.collecting.books

Default eBay yobbo of the month - UPDATE!

http://tinyurl.com/jwdly

Some other eBay yobbo has actually BID on this lot, which, by my
count, contains 75 BC editions.

That works out to $93 each.

Get that bidder's ID; we've all got land in Florida to sell.