Gentlemen only....please.

Old September 5th 04, 04:16 AM
Rodney

Default Gentlemen only....please.

Happy Fathers Day to all you mob.
No more handkerchiefs, ties, or underpants
This was my present for a job well done over the year.
http://groups.msn.com/Stamps/shoebox...to&PhotoID=461

A large scan for those who may wish to archive.
Gee, we stamp collectors are easy to buy for huh!

........and a particularly local issue, as "Flyin Ryan" lives
but a few Kilometers away.

Old September 5th 04, 08:53 AM
amesh \(Mette\)

"Rodney" skrev i en meddelelse
Happy Fathers Day to all you mob.
No more handkerchiefs, ties, or underpants
This was my present for a job well done over the year.
http://groups.msn.com/Stamps/shoebox...to&PhotoID=461

A large scan for those who may wish to archive.
Gee, we stamp collectors are easy to buy for huh!

Wow! Nice sheet, and congrats to Australia :-) You must have done a *very*
good job :-))

.......and a particularly local issue, as "Flyin Ryan" lives
but a few Kilometers away.

Here's a philatelic tribute to all fathers:, no matter how far away or how
close they live

http://shoebox.heindorffhus.dk/frame-FathersDay.htm
--
Best regards
Ann Mette Heindorff (Mette)

Old September 5th 04, 09:33 AM
Rodney

Nice page Mette!
Flavour enhanced by some nice cinderellas.
and yep, I had brekky in bed.
I'd recommend middle-age to anyone.

Old September 5th 04, 04:12 PM
Blair (TC)

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 11:16:03 +0800, "Rodney"
wrote:

Happy Fathers Day to all you mob.
No more handkerchiefs, ties, or underpants
This was my present for a job well done over the year.
http://groups.msn.com/Stamps/shoebox...to&PhotoID=461

A large scan for those who may wish to archive.
Gee, we stamp collectors are easy to buy for huh!

.......and a particularly local issue, as "Flyin Ryan" lives
but a few Kilometers away.

Rodney:

I notice that Australia Post copied the idea
from another well known stamp issuing country.
http://www.values.ch/sna-site/sna-vi..._medallist.jpg

Blair (TC)

Old September 5th 04, 07:20 PM
John Mycroft

Well done, Ozzie.

Alas, living here in the USA, all I got to see was endless beach volleyball
for some bizarre reason. Warning - sexist remark coming up - I wouldn't
have minded if the women hadn't been so skinny.

I know NZ won some medals but I've no idea what for. The only Kiwi I saw on
NBC was a guy in the 800m heat who, depsite coming third, didn't even get
his name mentioned. I'm going to England to watch the Olympics when they're
on in Beijing.

It also came as a surprise to be called by my daughter in Waihi wishing me a
happy Father's Day. It isn't here. So, in retaliation, I wished her a
Happy Labout Day, which it isn't in NZ for another six weeks.

--
Cheers - John Mycroft
coryton_at_cobbsmill_dot_com

Old September 5th 04, 10:38 PM
renster

Gee, we stamp collectors are easy to buy for huh!

I must have failed to give enough hints. Oh well...I'll have to think of
some new strategies for my birthday.

If you keep up the good work Rodney you might be in line for one of these!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....tem=5516731807

Rene
Old September 6th 04, 02:39 AM
Rodney

| Rodney:
| I notice that Australia Post copied the idea
| from another well known stamp issuing country.
| http://www.values.ch/sna-site/sna-vi..._medallist.jpg

*******s!
typical Aust Post
a mob of Murrumbidgee Whalers!

BTW, speaking of camel chips,

What do you get when you sit under a cow?
A pat on the head.

Old September 6th 04, 02:45 AM
Rodney

You perhaps can be thankful you missed the boxing John.
I watch boxing once every 4 years, and each time it reminds
me what a bent sport it is.
IIRC A New Zealander belted the lights out of an Egyptian
and lost the match.
The worst case of umpiring I've ever had the misfortune of witnessing.
On the up side, it was great to see the success of the Iraqi footy team.

Old September 6th 04, 02:49 AM
Rodney

I wonder if they have a diploma for "Hoarder of Stamps"?

Old September 6th 04, 03:39 AM
Blair (TC)

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 14:20:37 -0400, "John Mycroft"
wrote:

Well done, Ozzie.

Alas, living here in the USA, all I got to see was endless beach volleyball
for some bizarre reason. Warning - sexist remark coming up - I wouldn't
have minded if the women hadn't been so skinny.

I know NZ won some medals but I've no idea what for. The only Kiwi I saw on
NBC was a guy in the 800m heat who, depsite coming third, didn't even get
his name mentioned. I'm going to England to watch the Olympics when they're
on in Beijing.

It also came as a surprise to be called by my daughter in Waihi wishing me a
happy Father's Day. It isn't here. So, in retaliation, I wished her a
Happy Labout Day, which it isn't in NZ for another six weeks.

Cooey, John:

Here are your Kiwi medal winners. (3 Gold 2 Silver)

August 27
Men's K1 1000m Silver: Ben Fouhy

August 26
Men's Triathlon Gold: Hamish Carter
Men's Triathlon Silver: Bevan Dockerty

August 22
Women's Individual Pursuit Gold: Sarah Ulmer

August 21
Women's Double Sculls Gold: The Evers-Swindell Twins

Hopefully we'll see some NZ stamps honouring them.

August 2004 - NZ mark Olympics with a 4 "lenticular" stamp release

WELLINGTON: New Zealand may not stamp their mark on the coming Athens
Games but they have already marked its stamps with an Olympic theme.

New Zealand Post claimed a world first yesterday when it released a
series of “action replay” stamps which feature great Kiwi Olympic
moments. The stamps, produced using a “lenticular” printing process,
appear to show movement when they are tilted.

Stamp designs:

John Walker, Montreal 31 July 1976 - 45c
http://secure.nzpost.co.nz/nzstamps/...mpics_45_l.jpg
At 300 meters from home and the American Rick Wohlhuter loomed
dangerously on Walker's outside shoulder. He couldn't wait any later.
He had to go. Walker took off. With 300 metres to go he burst into the
lead. The Belgian Ivo Vandamme come at him from the outside, but
Walker lunged at the line with all his strength, flinging his arms in
the air…

Yvette Williams, Helsinki 23 July 1952 - 90c
http://secure.nzpost.co.nz/nzstamps/...mpics_90_l.jpg
Time came for her fourth jump of the day. She was tired after the long
cold waits between each jump. The Olympic record had been broken eight
times already. She stepped up to her mark. Knowing this was it. Her
event. Her moment. She took off from her mark, sprinting at the pit
like never before…

Ian Ferguson & Paul MacDonald, Seoul 30 September 1988 - $1.50
http://secure.nzpost.co.nz/nzstamps/...pics_150_l.jpg
East Germany, Poland and Hungary closed in. All were capable of
winning but it was the final burst of the Russians that was the real
heart stopper. The Soviets attacked. But the Kiwis countered, calling
on all their strength and experience....Russia, New Zealand....New
Zealand, Russia...

Peter Snell, Rome 2 September 1960 - $2.00
http://secure.nzpost.co.nz/nzstamps/...pics_200_l.jpg
At the 100 metre mark Snell's plan was to make the move. Snell didn't
have it in him. Moens had the lead. Moens kept looking over his
shoulder to his right. He didn't see Snell coming at him fast on the
inside. Snell was strong. With 10 metres to go he closed his eyes and
gave it his all. He threw his whole body forward, and…

The technology behind action stamps:

The effect of movement is created through a special printing process
called Lenticular. This effect is achieved by two or more images being
printed together, or 'inter-laced', into each other. These are printed
around the wrong way on the back of a special lens material. Due to
the optics in the lens, your eye is forced to see only a very small
area of the lens at a certain angle. So, when you tilt the stamp, the
images in the stamp appear to move.

Technical Details:
Date of Issue: 2 August 2004
Stamp Designer: Saatchi & Saatchi, Wellington, New Zealand
Printer: Xtreme Graphics, USA
Stamp Size: 45mm x 30mm
Sheet Size: 16 stamps and strip of four
Perforation: Die cut
Period of Sale: Unless stocks are exhausted earlier, these
stamps and first day cover will remain on sale until close
of business 1 August 2005.

Cheers
Blair