Rare SNA Rocket Mail pc uncovered.

Old April 17th 06, 06:50 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Default Rare SNA Rocket Mail pc uncovered.

(from our Australian correspondent)

Sitting in a shoebox for nearly half a century,
this extraordinary example of early SNA rocket mail
has surfaced in the antipodes.

Apparently named "Light blue touch paper, and stand well back"
this example shows the secretary of the then SNA glamour dept
mailing out the Window Clerk No1's pay cheques.

Currently the postcard's authentication is being verified by the
SNA authorities in Berne.
http://cjoint.com/data/erhOcV6fu1.htm

Old April 17th 06, 12:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Rod wrote:
(from our Australian correspondent)

Sitting in a shoebox for nearly half a century,
this extraordinary example of early SNA rocket mail
has surfaced in the antipodes.

Apparently named "Light blue touch paper, and stand well back"
this example shows the secretary of the then SNA glamour dept
mailing out the Window Clerk No1's pay cheques.

Currently the postcard's authentication is being verified by the
SNA authorities in Berne.
http://cjoint.com/data/erhOcV6fu1.htm

Definately a forgery....No trees like that in SNA, or grass, or
skin.....

Window Clerk 1
SNA Post Office

Old April 17th 06, 04:38 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

On 17 Apr 2006 04:53:57 -0700, "Ralphael1" wrote:

Rod wrote:
(from our Australian correspondent)

Sitting in a shoebox for nearly half a century,
this extraordinary example of early SNA rocket mail
has surfaced in the antipodes.

Apparently named "Light blue touch paper, and stand well back"
this example shows the secretary of the then SNA glamour dept
mailing out the Window Clerk No1's pay cheques.

Currently the postcard's authentication is being verified by the
SNA authorities in Berne.
http://cjoint.com/data/erhOcV6fu1.htm

Definately a forgery....No trees like that in SNA, or grass, or
skin.....

Now, hold on just a minnit! Isn't that the Swiss enclave, just above
Ciedad de Leon? I think Victor's got a hand in this scheme. Ooops...

Ahem... we now return you to your regularly scheduled program
(programme).

=======================
Tracy Barber
-----------------------
adirondack-pc
-----------------------
"Freebie Stamp Project"
=======================
Old April 17th 06, 04:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

"Ralphael1" wrote in message
oups.com...

Rod wrote:
(from our Australian correspondent)

Sitting in a shoebox for nearly half a century,
this extraordinary example of early SNA rocket mail
has surfaced in the antipodes.

Apparently named "Light blue touch paper, and stand well back"
this example shows the secretary of the then SNA glamour dept
mailing out the Window Clerk No1's pay cheques.

Currently the postcard's authentication is being verified by the
SNA authorities in Berne.
http://cjoint.com/data/erhOcV6fu1.htm

Definately a forgery....No trees like that in SNA, or grass, or
skin.....

Window Clerk 1
SNA Post Office

You are perfectly right, Ralph, this picture was manipulated:

http://cjoint.com/data/erhOcV6fu1.htm

Our documentation service from the Canton of Berne found the original
photograph. Here it is:

http://www.sna-on.postalstamps.biz/images/pay-day.jpg

--
Victor Manta
SNA Documentation Service, BE, CH

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/
Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/
Romania by Stamps: http://marci-postale.com/

Old April 24th 06, 11:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Victor Manta wrote :
Our documentation service from the Canton of Berne found the original
photograph. Here it is:

http://www.sna-on.postalstamps.biz/images/pay-day.jpg

Hi Victor,

At the time I am reading that, this link is not working.

--
All the best,
Pierre Courtiade

Old April 25th 06, 12:46 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Works OK here Pierre,
give it another try.
( AFAIK The SNA PO is open 24/7)
Regards
Rodney

Old April 25th 06, 08:00 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

http://www.sna-on.postalstamps.biz/images/pay-day.jpg

Rod wrote :

Works OK here Pierre,
give it another try.
( AFAIK The SNA PO is open 24/7)
Regards
Rodney

Thanks, Rodney,

Now it works as well with me.

I recognize a typical Australian sand landscape, with mountains similar
to Uluru / Ayers Rock in the background.

I also recognize you with the red shirt, praying :

"O God, please make this Rocket mail to safely reach SNA homeland.

I also do hope that, in order to celebrate this success, the young lady
will finally fall in my arms"

;-)

--
All the best,
Pierre

Old April 25th 06, 04:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 07:46:19 +0800, "Rod"
wrote:

Works OK here Pierre,
give it another try.
( AFAIK The SNA PO is open 24/7)

By now, though, Window Clerk #1 must be getting tired. It shows in
his postings. :^P

=======================
Tracy Barber
-----------------------
adirondack-pc
-----------------------
"Freebie Stamp Project"
=======================
Old April 26th 06, 03:36 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

By now, though, Window Clerk #1 must be getting tired. It shows in
his postings. :^P

I think he saw the hotpants, and went blind

Hmmm, I previously thought we, in the liberated 70's
invented the hotpants.

Old April 26th 06, 01:39 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

snip from previous post:

No trees like that in SNA, or grass, or
skin.....

So you took out the trees and grass but the skin remains....but not in
SNA
Send some, maybe the lost invisible hologram stamps will be found and
thrn maybe not...

Window Clerk #1
SNA Post Office