Germany/Vatican 2008 Xmas

Old June 27th 09, 02:03 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

Default Germany/Vatican 2008 Xmas

Checking Germany/Vatican 2008 Christmas joint issue I find that Scott
has numbered the German part B1008-B1009.
Anyone know why Scott put this issue in the back of the book.
I do not remember previous Christmas issues in the back of the book.

Thanks,

Ralphael, the OLD one
Old June 27th 09, 02:14 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ryan Davenport

Ralphael1 wrote:
Checking Germany/Vatican 2008 Christmas joint issue I find that Scott
has numbered the German part B1008-B1009.
Anyone know why Scott put this issue in the back of the book.
I do not remember previous Christmas issues in the back of the book.

Virtually all German Christmas stamps are semi-postals, thus the
"B" prefix in the Scott listings.

Ryan
Old June 27th 09, 03:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"Ralphael1" wrote in message
Checking Germany/Vatican 2008 Christmas joint issue I find that Scott
has numbered the German part B1008-B1009.
Anyone know why Scott put this issue in the back of the book.
I do not remember previous Christmas issues in the back of the book.

The reason should be that these stamps are "overtaxed":

- Mi. 2793, 45 + 20 (C), Dürer
- Mi 2704, 55 + 25 (C), Raphael

--
Victor Manta

Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/
Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/
Romania by Stamps: http://marci-postale.com/

Old June 27th 09, 10:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

Victor Manta" wrote in message
... "Ralphael1"
wrote in message
Checking Germany/Vatican 2008 Christmas joint issue I find that Scott
has numbered the German part B1008-B1009.
Anyone know why Scott put this issue in the back of the book.
I do not remember previous Christmas issues in the back of the book.

The reason should be that these stamps are "overtaxed":

- Mi. 2793, 45 + 20 (C), Dürer
- Mi 2704, 55 + 25 (C), Raphael

Correction:

- Mi. 2794, 55 + 25 (C), Raphael

--
Victor Manta

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/
Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/
Romania by Stamps: http://marci-postale.com/

UPDATE (05/11/2008) -- Coin Modernization and Taxpayer Savintg Act of 2008 Arizona Coin Collector Coins 2 May 12th 08 01:29 AM
Tidewater Sports new schedule Winter 2008-Spring 2008 Sue H Autographs 0 January 4th 08 07:40 PM
I'm getting what I want for xmas! DeserTBoB 8 Track Tapes 0 December 24th 05 09:25 PM
xmas swap came in bri Coins 1 November 24th 05 02:32 PM
OT-Xmas movie Bob Peterson Coins 11 October 3rd 04 04:30 PM