India~Perfins.

Old June 21st 09, 09:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Default India~Perfins.

Just a FYI
http://cjoint.com/data/gvwh6xy1VA.htm

However if someone recognises any,
feel free to comment.

Old June 22nd 09, 04:25 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On Jun 21, 4:10*pm, "rodney" wrote:
Just a FYIhttp://cjoint.com/data/gvwh6xy1VA.htm

However if someone recognises any,
feel free to comment.

Hey Rodney:

LFS - Local Fund Service

Royal - Royal Insurance Company Ltd, Calcutta

SMN - Stoomvaart Maatschappij Nederland
(also seen on Straits settlements stamps)
The Nederland Royal Mail Line carried mail and other
cargo, between 1870 to 1970, from Europe to
the Middle East, Far East and Australia.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...oekje_1911.JPG

TMC - could be the Tata Memorial Centre
(a large cancer hospital in Mumbai)
http://www.tatamemorialcentre.com/

or also possibly

TMC - Hyderabad , is a large Retailer for Consumers
Electronics and Home Appliances

Blair

Old June 22nd 09, 04:57 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Yeow!
marvelous effort Blair.
Thank you kindly.
Rodney.

"Blair"

Old June 22nd 09, 04:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Jun 21, 4:10�pm, "rodney" wrote:
Just a FYIhttp://cjoint.com/data/gvwh6xy1VA.htm

However if someone recognises any,
feel free to comment.

According to The Perfins of India by Marcus Werner, the TMC pattern
has been identified as being used in Tirupper. User not identified.

The S.M.N. is also identified also as being used by the Java Bengal
Line, which probably was a local or subsidiary name for the
Stoomvaart.

The L.F.S. pattern has more than 27 varieties listed but none are
identified as to user in the catalog. A few are identified as to
location of use
Old June 23rd 09, 01:05 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Thank you very much Rudy,
If perchance you hacve a duplicate copy of "The perfins of India"
I am prepared to raid my son's piggy bank.
Please advise off list.
Otherwise I shall try and find a copy on the web.
Thanks.

According to The Perfins of India by Marcus Werner,

Old June 23rd 09, 04:09 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Some more India perfins.
2 beautiful examples of "blind perfs"
not one solitary pin made home base.
http://cjoint.com/data/gxfionPNLQ.htm

"rodney"

Old June 23rd 09, 05:57 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On Jun 22, 11:53*am, wrote:

The S.M.N. is also identified also as being used by the Java Bengal
Line, which probably was a local or subsidiary name for the
Stoomvaart.

You are correct Rudy.
See pp 275-8 of the following google book.
http://books.google.ca/books?id=q8Zh...esult&resnum=1

Regards
Blair
Old June 24th 09, 01:06 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

G'day Blair,
that looks a neat book, what's the deal?
is that a teaser to buy?
I clicked "buy" and there is no price or availability.
Rod.

"Blair"

Old June 24th 09, 07:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On Jun 23, 8:06*pm, "rodney" wrote:
G'day Blair,
that looks a neat book, what's the deal?
is that a teaser to buy?
I clicked "buy" and there is no price or availability.
Rod.

"Blair"
You are correct Rudy.
See pp 275-8 of the following google book.http://books.google.ca/books?id=q8Zh...pg=PA275&dq=ja...

Regards
Blair

It is completely available online. GRATIS

I just pointed my link to the relevant
pages (175-8) on the Java Bengal Line.

Blair
Old June 25th 09, 01:48 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

OK, I am not a fan of online books,
but I guess free is a bargain
I was curious why, in a paragraph I read,
why extra vessels were added due to the gold rush in Australia 1850.
I can only assume it being the proximity of fresh fruit and veg or perhaps
the transport of bullion. I'll have to read on

perfins pete Marketplace 0 June 24th 05 06:57 AM
Rangoon, Burma - India Abroad - Cancels On India Stamps - Scan Included [email protected] General Discussion 7 May 17th 05 05:53 PM
GB Machin Perfins Chas Adrion General Discussion 5 September 6th 04 07:46 AM
$$$ : British India and Gulf India notes for sale Varshney, Anurag Paper Money 0 March 16th 04 04:12 AM
GB QV Perfins on eBay Michael Marketplace 0 January 1st 04 01:03 AM