1793 large cent on eBay needs comment

Old July 10th 04, 12:57 AM
Bruce Remick

"Wes Chormicle" wrote in message
link.net...
I emailed the seller and she assured me it is genuine! I asked if I

bought
it and it turned out to be a "replica" if I could return it. No reply.

Hmmmm..... a genuine WHAT?

Bruce

Old July 10th 04, 02:53 AM
A.Gent

"John L." wrote in message
On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 09:35:56 -0400, Mark wrote:

"We are now making our auctions private bidding."

Guess he got tired of people informing his bidders of what they are really
getting.

Can a person place a bid then retract it? Does eBay allow you to put
any comments in the retraction, or are the retraction statements
canned? I know bid retraction has been discussed in RCC before, but
I can't remember what was said about it.

John L.

AFAIR, "this coin is a replica" *isn't* one of the plain-vanilla reasons allowed.
"Entered wrong bid amount" is the most common. I'm pretty sure that none of them
include any negative references to the item being auctioned.

(for obvious reasons)

--
Jeff R.

Old July 10th 04, 09:09 AM
Tony Carpentieri

Well, geez, that's why you make up an ebay account name of
"fake_fraud_phony" and bid with it.

"A.Gent" wrote in message
u...

Old July 10th 04, 10:14 AM
A.Gent

"Tony Carpentieri" wrote in message
Well, geez, that's why you make up an ebay account name of
"fake_fraud_phony" and bid with it.

No point, Tony.
Private auction = no account names shown.

Surely eBay will *eventually* take note of the alerts it has received....

--
Jeff R.

Old July 10th 04, 01:55 PM
Roßert G. Schaffrath

Tim Irvin wrote:

In article , Tim Irvin
wrote:

In article , James Higby wrote:

Somebody with more authority than I should pursue this.

Wow! It's amazing! The Mint didn't strike coins with collars until
the 1830s, yet this one is perfectly round! WHAT A BUY!!!

One more thing: From the return policy:

"This item is sold as-is with no returns. Plese do not bid if you do
not accept this policy."

Run, don't walk. Run. Fast.

--
Tim Irvin, ::: ANA R-167586

"Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and
demand that they respect yours...Abuse no one and nothing, for abuse
turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision."
-- Tecumseh (1768-1813), Shawnee chief and statesman

Also on the site:

"We are now making our auctions private bidding. This means that anyone
can still bid on our auctions, but your eBay name will not be visible to
other users. We do this to protect our customers identities."

....as well as not reveal to the world what a chump you are.