The INFLATED Penny

Old July 9th 04, 10:12 AM
Ian

A.Gent wrote:

"Ian" wrote in message

A.Gent wrote:

Nicole: a glomworthy Bogo Aussie!

A specimen worthy of the fullest possible examination don't you think?

;-)

She smokes.
End of story, IMNSHO. ;-(

Lol! I won't post the question that went through my mind when I read
that. :-)
Old July 9th 04, 10:50 AM
A.Gent

"Ian" wrote in message
A.Gent wrote:
She smokes.
End of story, IMNSHO. ;-(

Lol! I won't post the question that went through my mind when I read
that. :-)

Tobacco!
Through a cigarette!

(Haggis-addled thistle-plucking git!)

Old July 9th 04, 11:21 AM
Scottishmoney

"A.Gent" wrote in message
u...

"Ian" wrote in message
A.Gent wrote:
She smokes.
End of story, IMNSHO. ;-(

Lol! I won't post the question that went through my mind when I read
that. :-)

Tobacco!
Through a cigarette!

(Haggis-addled thistle-plucking git!)

Agent Jeff donna kna the canny lad from Fife ah'm afraid.

Think what a Scot thinks, an' it all mahks sense ah sais.

Dave
--
Tir nam Beann, nan Gleann, s'nan Gaisgeach - Saor Alba A-Nis!

---

Old July 9th 04, 12:21 PM
Ian

Scottishmoney wrote:
"A.Gent" wrote in message
u...

"Ian" wrote in message

A.Gent wrote:

She smokes.
End of story, IMNSHO. ;-(

Lol! I won't post the question that went through my mind when I read
that. :-)

Tobacco!
Through a cigarette!

(Haggis-addled thistle-plucking git!)

Agent Jeff donna kna the canny lad from Fife ah'm afraid.

Think what a Scot thinks, an' it all mahks sense ah sais.

Dave

och aye the noo!

;-)

Ian
`breakfasts on thistles and cornflakes'

Old July 9th 04, 01:30 PM
Mame

I will trade her for a 1893-S Morgan dollar...we'll throw Crowe in as a
sweetener!

Mame

"John L." wrote in message
On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 10:30:22 +1000, "Mame"
wrote:

I just hope America realises that there is a 'not returns' policy on

Russel
Crowe. We'll have Nicole Kidman back anytime though!

Mame

No, she's ours now. You can have Crowe. :-)

John L.

Old July 9th 04, 01:31 PM
Mame

No, but Russell was originally from NZ but always identifies as Aussie. Sam
Neil is also from NZ if I remember rightly???

Mame
"Ian" wrote in message
Mame wrote:

I just hope America realises that there is a 'not returns' policy on

Russel
Crowe. We'll have Nicole Kidman back anytime though!

Mame

I thought she was from New Zealand?

Ian

Old July 9th 04, 01:36 PM
Mame

OMG, Nicole was born in Honolulu...*faints*

Does that mean Anotnia Kidman was born there too???

Mame

Old July 11th 04, 03:21 AM
A You

It will soon cost more than a penny to make a penny--again. Last
time this happened, they started making zinc pennies, since zinc was
cheaper than copper. That was in 1982. And they have already
debased the penny as far as they can, now it's 95% zinc. What is

Gosh ! A penny is 97.5% zinc and 2.5% copper ?

When was that done ?

The price of copper is way up and any penny that is 100% copper should be
held onto...

Old July 11th 04, 04:00 AM
A You

Gosh ! A penny is 97.5% zinc and 2.5% copper ?

When was that done ?

The price of copper is way up and any penny that is 100% copper should be
held onto...

Okay, the pre-1982 penny is 95% copper and 5% zinc. I find a price of copper
at $1.25 a pound and find a measured weight of the penny at 3.1g.

So the pre-1982 penny has $0.0081 worth of copper in it...and of course a
face value of $0.01 .

Wm. Safire writes: Abolish the Penny Edwin Johnston Coins 11 June 3rd 04 04:46 PM
Particularly pretty purple penny picked--POO! probably painted?? bri Coins 1 November 27th 03 05:22 AM
The most Valueable Penny ADM Coins 45 September 10th 03 10:10 AM
wisconsin penny Coin Saver Coins 1 July 15th 03 07:06 PM
Finds from Penny roll checks - weird canadian penny find Ron Coins 0 July 11th 03 07:52 AM