Is It Just Me?

Old October 13th 09, 12:11 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Bluesea[_3_]

Default Is It Just Me?

"Alan J" wrote in message
"l, not -l" wrote in message

On 12-Oct-2009, "Alan J" wrote:

I'm using a broad Rotring Art Pen for Bay State Blue. It's not a
disaster
if
it clogs up. I wonder if an ultrasonic cleaner would get the stains off
my

favourite MB.

In use this week:
- Inkograph bhr w/gold overlay stylographic pen filled with Sheaffer
Peacock blue (vintage) ink
- amber Waterman Carene with stub nib, filled with Waterman's Florida
Blue
- cadmium yellow Sheaffer Imperial with fine nib, filled with Noodler's
Lapis Legal
- Esterbrook 8-ball deskset with chained ballpoint; though exact refills
are not available, a slightly modified Cross refill works well.

Well, I can play this game: In use a

Sailor 1911 (the small type) filled with Noodler's blue.

Medium Falcon, with Diamine blue (under-rated ink).

Parker Junior Duofold (circa 1971) with Noodler again.

An old (circa 1980?) felt pen, with replaceable refills: "Tallon" brand,
with an MB ballpoint refill cunningly bodged in. It fit perfectly, but it
was a bit too short, so it needed about 7mm of spacer.

I forgot that red/purple inks are more likely to stain demo pens than blue
ink and filled my clear 1911M with Iraqi Indigo for a while before switching
to green. There was a pink tint everywhere that wouldn't soak or rinse out.

Fortunately, the pen is really easy to take apart and the pink was easily
removed with water, dishwashing detergent, and a few Q-tips.

The bad part is that the gold trim on the ring just above the clip started
coming off, as though I had been trying to chip it away. I wish I had taken
the pen apart, first, instead of trying to soak the entire cap to get the
pink out of the liner.

--
~~Bluesea~~
Spam is great in musubi, but not in email.