FA: NGC MS67 1943 Lincoln Steel Cent..

Old May 9th 04, 03:58 AM
Harv

Default FA: NGC MS67 1943 Lincoln Steel Cent..

Thanks for looking..

Harv

--
No trees were killed in the creation of this message. However, many
electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Old May 10th 04, 02:23 AM
Fred

I'd like to know how this coin made it to MS67 with what appears to be a
GASH on the reverse!

Fred

"Harv" wrote in message

Thanks for looking..

Harv

Old May 13th 04, 05:00 AM
Harv

"Fred" wrote in message
news
I'd like to know how this coin made it to MS67 with what appears to be a
GASH on the reverse!

Fred

I'd like to know how the PCGS graders said the 1933 Saint was an MS65 with a
gouge on Liberty's leg the size of the Grand Canyon..

MS67 doesn't mean perfect.

Harv

Old May 13th 04, 12:43 PM
Gary Loveless

On Thu, 13 May 2004 04:00:21 GMT, "Harv"
wrote:

"Fred" wrote in message
news
I'd like to know how this coin made it to MS67 with what appears to be a
GASH on the reverse!

Fred

I'd like to know how the PCGS graders said the 1933 Saint was an MS65 with a
gouge on Liberty's leg the size of the Grand Canyon..

MS67 doesn't mean perfect.

Harv

I remember this thread from a year or two ago myself, I said the same
thing it shoulda graded MS62 or so, but seeing that it is "UNIQUE" it
is granted the lofty grade........I would love to see PCGS or NGC grow
the balls to slab that sucker a 65, I would lose a little respect for
them...........

Gary

Old May 13th 04, 01:23 PM
Bruce Hickmott

On Thu, 13 May 2004 11:43:09 GMT, Gary Loveless
is alleged to have written:

On Thu, 13 May 2004 04:00:21 GMT, "Harv"
wrote:

"Fred" wrote in message
news
I'd like to know how this coin made it to MS67 with what appears to be a
GASH on the reverse!

Fred

I'd like to know how the PCGS graders said the 1933 Saint was an MS65 with a
gouge on Liberty's leg the size of the Grand Canyon..

MS67 doesn't mean perfect.

Harv

I remember this thread from a year or two ago myself, I said the same
thing it shoulda graded MS62 or so, but seeing that it is "UNIQUE" it
is granted the lofty grade........I would love to see PCGS or NGC grow
the balls to slab that sucker a 65, I would lose a little respect for
them...........

Gary

I was in on that thread and I felt the 1933 was overgraded as well. But that
coin is basically immaculate except for that hit and in person that hit doesn't
draw your eye like it does in the photos. If I was the grader, I STILL wouldn't
give it a 65...but I'd have no problems with a 64*.

Bruce

Old May 13th 04, 01:39 PM
Gary Loveless

I remember this thread from a year or two ago myself, I said the same
thing it shoulda graded MS62 or so, but seeing that it is "UNIQUE" it
is granted the lofty grade........I would love to see PCGS or NGC grow
the balls to slab that sucker a 65, I would lose a little respect for
them...........

Gary

I was in on that thread and I felt the 1933 was overgraded as well. But that
coin is basically immaculate except for that hit and in person that hit doesn't
draw your eye like it does in the photos. If I was the grader, I STILL wouldn't
give it a 65...but I'd have no problems with a 64*.

Bruce

Bruce -

They were a couple of other problem areas on the coin as well,
werent there??

64* eh?? Pro NGC are we??

Gary

Old May 13th 04, 02:14 PM
Bruce Hickmott

On Thu, 13 May 2004 12:39:59 GMT, Gary Loveless
is alleged to have written:

[...]

Nothing significant that I can recall. Unlike most of Farouk's coins, that one
had never been cleaned.

Bruce

Stolen coin alert ....... please read and pass along. J. Craton Coins 4 January 26th 04 01:24 AM
FA: 1943 Steel Cent JP Coins 0 November 22nd 03 06:27 AM
FA: 1943 Steel Cent pascarj Coins 2 November 15th 03 01:27 AM
How To Tell If You Have An Altered Lincoln Cent? The Numismasochist Coins 5 August 21st 03 03:57 AM
2009 Lincoln Cent Reverses Alan & Erin Williams Coins 22 July 22nd 03 02:41 AM