People are stupid

Old August 23rd 07, 03:49 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Ukraina Dvi

Default People are stupid

wrote in message
If I ever get cancer, I'm gonna haul my parents into court, and
sue them for every dollar they have.

Better watch what you ask for, might get it. And then the parental units
will outline every bad habit you have ever had from birth on to defend their
case.

Old August 23rd 07, 03:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

I agree. How else could rackets like these flourish?

The morons on the street are bad enough, but it's the degenerates
running things that disturb me.

People DO, in fact, SUCK, and I'm reminded every time I see one of
them with a cell phone planted in its ear.

I mean, how much longer before the military is brought in to sweep us
all up with the same broom?

Old August 23rd 07, 04:25 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Reid Goldsborough

On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 13:06:46 -0400, "Ukraina Dvi"
wrote:

Genetics has more to do with your health issues than all the stuff you eat.
If you have good genetics, you can pretty much eat anything and get away
with it.

The problem of course is that nobody knows if they have the kind of
genetics that will prevent heart disease and cancer no matter how
poorly you eat or otherwise take care of yourself. Family history is
only an indication, not a guarantee. And besides lifestyle and
genetics, there's also luck. Your body can do a great job in
neutralizing threats from carcinogens, pathogens, and so on 99.999
percent of the time, but if your immune system is weakened by a cold
or flu or stress or whatever, you happen to be exposed to the right
(or wrong) carcinogen, and those early cancerous cells aren't
contained by your natural defenses, well, you're unlucky. That's why
people with no family history of cancer or heart disease can get them.
This is the main reason to eat healthy food, exercise, avoid smoke,
all the rest. Keeps your immune system strong.

--

Email: (delete "remove this")

Consumer:
http://rg.ancients.info/guide
Connoisseur: http://rg.ancients.info/glom
Counterfeit: http://rg.ancients.info/bogos
Old August 23rd 07, 07:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Ukraina Dvi

"Reid Goldsborough" wrote in message The
problem of course is that nobody knows if they have the kind of
genetics that will prevent heart disease and cancer no matter how
poorly you eat or otherwise take care of yourself. Family history is
only an indication, not a guarantee. And besides lifestyle and
genetics, there's also luck. Your body can do a great job in
neutralizing threats from carcinogens, pathogens, and so on 99.999
percent of the time, but if your immune system is weakened by a cold
or flu or stress or whatever, you happen to be exposed to the right
(or wrong) carcinogen, and those early cancerous cells aren't
contained by your natural defenses, well, you're unlucky. That's why
people with no family history of cancer or heart disease can get them.
This is the main reason to eat healthy food, exercise, avoid smoke,
all the rest. Keeps your immune system strong.

And then you can do everything right and get run over by a wayward truck in
a parking lot or get popped by a meteorite. Live life, enjoy it, spread
happiness amongst others and have a purpose, that is all you can do.

Old August 23rd 07, 07:19 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

wrote:

[...]

Eat celery and grain all your life and a piano falls on you at age 45, after
faithfully having abstained from fully-loaded pizzas, overstuffed Quiznos,
Philly cheesesteaks, and gourmet French cooking. At least you'll fit in
your recycled wood fiber coffin. Twenty years beyond 45, I've still got
plenty of juicy foods I haven't tried yet. Next? Lobster rolls with
hollandaise sauce.

Bruce
'moral? be alert for pianos from above'

Old August 23rd 07, 07:20 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

wrote in message
ups.com...
I agree. How else could rackets like these flourish?

The morons on the street are bad enough, but it's the degenerates
running things that disturb me.

People DO, in fact, SUCK, and I'm reminded every time I see one of
them with a cell phone planted in its ear.

I mean, how much longer before the military is brought in to sweep us
all up with the same broom?

Have a lousy day today?

Old August 23rd 07, 08:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

wrote:

[...]

I'm getting healthier and healthier every day, due to diet and exercise.
I'm going to live to a ripe old age and die of nothing.

James
'another watercress salad, please, and this time hold the vinaigrette'

Old August 23rd 07, 09:41 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Anka

On Aug 22, 11:29?am, Reid Goldsborough
wrote:

I don't know if DeMayo uses sockpuppets to try to disrupt threads.
Does he? Do you have any evidence for this, other names he uses?

Uhhhh... Bill Fordler?

~Anka

Old August 23rd 07, 10:11 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RWF

On Aug 23, 3:35 pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:

I'm getting healthier and healthier every day, due to diet and exercise.
I'm going to live to a ripe old age and die of nothing.

Nothing - right - nothing between your ears!
Bwaahahahahahahahahahaha.

Old August 23rd 07, 11:36 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Reid Goldsborough

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 14:10:50 -0400, "Ukraina Dvi"
wrote:

And then you can do everything right and get run over by a wayward truck in
a parking lot or get popped by a meteorite. Live life, enjoy it, spread

I personally play the percentages. If you're smart, you can enjoy the
richness of life while maximizing the chances of living a life long
enough to enjoy your grandchildren and great-grandchildren. You can
never eliminate risk, of course, and trying to can greatly decrease
the quality of your life.

Mickey Mantle near the end of his life said if he knew he would have
lived as long as he did, he would have taken better care of himself.
There are lots of Mickey Mantles out there... Though he had a family
history that made him even more predisposed to live just for the
moment.

In terms of lifestyle, it's not difficult to train your taste buds and
pleasure centers to enjoy that which is good for you. Wild salmon and
extra virgin olive oil to me taste a thousand times better than filet
mignon and butter. But you go over to the dark side once in a while,
eating a cheeseburger or whatever, to see if what you're missing
amounts to much. It doesn't.