good deal on 2.50 gold eagle ??

Old May 8th 06, 02:39 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default good deal on 2.50 gold eagle ??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSAA:US:11&Item=8415 056313

I looked at this coin, noticed it seems to have strong feathers in the
bottom of the headband obverse and a hint of eagle feather on the shoulder
on reverse... I thought this would grade around ef-40 and book is $250 at
that.

Can a few of the pros here look at the images and let me know if my
thinking is correct in terms of grading it from those photos?

I figured at $200 I couldnt go too wrong on this coin. Am I wrong?

Old May 8th 06, 03:04 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

The coin is AU in terms of wear, but the photo is small and I can't
tell if it has been cleaned or not, or whether it was a jewelry piece
with the loop removed. Assuming it is real, and not cleaned, it's worth
about what it was sold for. If it has been cleaned and even if a former
jewelry piece, it's still worth about $150 or thereabouts for its gold
content. If you are not the winner, Mark, why not buy a certified AU
for the piece of mind. Make sure it's certified by one of the top 3
grading companies, however.

Ira

Old May 8th 06, 03:20 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

There is a high risk that uncertified gold coins from gun dealers are not
genuine.

--
RARE COIN AUCTIONS NO MINIMUMS www.frankcoins.com
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZfrankcoins Texas Auction License 11259

FS - a few "Gold" cards Dogger Hockey 0 December 6th 04 07:15 PM
my inserts for your base cards TJMichalak Hockey 0 August 28th 04 05:22 PM
TOPPS GOLD LABEL BLOWOUT ALL YEARS Dohh Baseball 0 May 24th 04 02:22 PM
CHRISTMAS SALE PART I: 66% to 75% OFF BOOK VALUE Rose Hockey 0 December 20th 03 06:20 PM
auction 187 update 11/19--lots added VernsCards Baseball 0 November 20th 03 02:48 AM