Flamewars and Lawsuits on rec.collecting.coins

Old February 16th 09, 06:46 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

Default Flamewars and Lawsuits on rec.collecting.coins

Hey Michael Marotta. Where's your big talking now. You didnt answer.
You said coin collectors as a group are liars and bullies. You also
said coin collectors have low self esteem. Did you mean this stuff or
were you doing your big talking? Dont say I misquoting you because I
quoted your words. Dont say you were quoted out of contest because I
linked to your entire posts.

Whats with you really? Do you think coin collectors are liars and
bullies? Did you think that then and change your mind. Did you never
think this but said it anyway? You were talking about coin collectors
as a GROUP that was clear.

And whats with your defending cheaters and cheating? You did more than
defend, you praised this. Can you explain this?

Your the one who said archives are forever. Haha. Wierdo nutcase who
writes for the ANA. Why dont you write about how you feel about coin
collectors for the ANA.
Old February 16th 09, 08:27 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Aladdin Sane

Sheesh,

Is your individual and unique self esteem so low you have to continue this
in a public venue? Give it a rest.

Oh, and your blocked.

--
*
/?\

A conclusion is simply the place
where you decided to stop thinking.

Old February 16th 09, 11:22 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mike Marotta

On Feb 12, 1:11 am, Ian wrote:
At this rate you'll be drinking Talisker before you know it.

Well, I was never much of a drinker. I went most of my many years
without it. Then we got stranded in northern Michigan, taking care of
my wife's parents until we closed out their estate. I learned a lot
about beer -- and a little bit about tobacco. Looking to the next
chapter, we decided to complete the four-year degrees we never
needed. We both graduated in April 2008, summa cum laude. The
downside is that it required so much hard thinking first thing in the
morning that I had to give up the other pleasures and vices. But,
just to thank you for the recommendation -- I went out online and read
about the peat and water -- when I decide to jump off the wagon, I
will start with Talisker.

At seven o' clock each mornin', at five o'clock each nicht.
If I should fail tae find ye, I'd drap doon deid wi' fricht.

Michael

Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 10:46:39 -0800 (PST)
Hey Michael Marotta. Where's your big talking now. You didnt answer.

I answered.
I posted then and now under my own name.
What I wrote, what I write, you are free to value as you choose.
You can question my facts, assail my conclusions or denigrate my
opinions.
You can also benefit from anything useful or interesting I have
offered.
That applies to me as it applies to everyone else you meet.

Mike M.
MIchael E. Marotta
"Higley of Granby"

Aladdin closed with his tagline:
A conclusion is simply the place
where you decided to stop thinking.

I cited that more than once in a classroom discussion.
It's good line. I've gotten a lot of mileage from it.
Thanks.
Mike M.
*Still thinking."
Old February 20th 09, 01:54 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jud

Mike Marotta wrote:
But, just to thank you for the recommendation -- I went out online
and read
about the peat and water -- when I decide to jump off the wagon, I
will start with Talisker.

Ian has made a convert of me. Talisker has a taste completely
different from what I was used to. It takes a bit of getting used to,
but I swear by it now! Thanks Ian!