A visit to the ANA museum

Old August 9th 03, 06:06 AM
Barry K

Default A visit to the ANA museum

Hi all,
Sorry to have missed you'all at the Balto show. Due to scheduling of
work, kids' camp, etc. we wound up taking our vacation (to CO and NM)
during the show. Oh well... On a positive note, I did get to see the
ANA museum in Colo Springs. Well worth it, if you happen to be in the
area there.

Back home now (sea level and humidity) and just caught up on 1200+
emails, most of which were spam. Did I miss anything here? Trying to
read thru 3000ish RCC posts from the last 10 days is too much for me!
Barry
--
Note - Remove the X from my e-mail address for direct replies
Old August 9th 03, 12:02 PM
Larry Louks

Barry K wrote:

Did I miss anything here?

Well, like with most any newsgroup, you missed some things of interest, but
also missed a lot of stuff you likely had no interest in reading. Some of
the best reads (at least in *my* estimation) are the accounts of those who
attended the big show in Baltimore. Ira Stein's account alone will have you
drooling at the goodies that he dealt with while there.

-=LDL

Old August 9th 03, 03:17 PM
John Carney

"Barry K" wrote in message ...
Hi all,
Sorry to have missed you'all at the Balto show. Due to scheduling of
work, kids' camp, etc. we wound up taking our vacation (to CO and NM)
during the show. Oh well... On a positive note, I did get to see the
ANA museum in Colo Springs. Well worth it, if you happen to be in the
area there.

I was wondering where you were. I'll be heading to the Finger Lakes and Niagara Falls next
Sunday, so I'll miss the local shows. You'll have to fill me in on your vacation next time
we meet.

The ANA show was huge, about twice as big as the normal Baltimore show. Saw the five
nickels, joined the ANA, and picked up a few coins.

--
John

Visit the RCCers favorite coins web page
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jcarne...ns/rccers.html

Old August 10th 03, 02:01 PM
AnswerMan2

Saw the five
nickels, joined the ANA, and picked up a few coins.

--
John

Hi John:

As a just-installed ANA Governor I'd like to welccom you to ANA membership. You
will be getting your first issue of the Numismatist shortly. If you have
questions or problems, I'm on RCC seven days a week and I'll be glad to help.
Alan Herbert