A Modest Proposal

Old August 8th 03, 08:05 PM
Chrysta Wilson

Default A Modest Proposal

As sometimes happens in RCC, I can see a drift once again into political
bickerikng. I think that the main problem here lies in the splitting of
people into factions based on political groups, and would like to suggest
an alternative for those who feel left out of all this by their
unwillingness to veer off topic or distaste for political discussion.
Thus, I would like to propose that we create our own political parties
that all here can feel free to join, and then argue on topic to their
hearts content.

How about:

US vs world/ancients

Moderns vs. Classics

Commem collectors vs. everyone else

Netasaurs vs. newbies

Slab owners vs. non-slab owners

dealers vs. non-dealers

powersellers vs. peons

virtually everyone vs. ACG

Dansco vs. Eagle

Copper vs. Silver vs. Gold

People who Collect C**nterf**ts vs. Those Who Think They Should Be
Summarily Shot

Those Who Hate the Golden Dollar vs. GD Proponents

Drop the Cent Lobby vs. Keep the Cent Lobby

Roll searchers vs. Non-Roll searchers

People to whom Bigg Fredd sent Euros vs. People to whom Bigg Fredd Did
Not Send Euros

People Who Think SBA and Eunice Shriver are Sexy vs. Those Who Disagree

People Who Got Their Vatican Euros vs. People Who Got Jerked Around By
the Pope

People Who Give a Rat's Patoot vs. People Who Do Not

See, there is so much for us to form factions about and argue over right
here within the hobby, that there is no need to look further! All right,
join your parties!

Chrysta
Old August 8th 03, 08:25 PM
Dale Hallmark

"Chrysta Wilson" wrote in message
[...]

I would like to propose a group:
..
"Cheap coin" collectors vs. Cheap "Coin Collectors"

Dale
....I might be a member of both ;-)

Old August 8th 03, 08:54 PM
Art O'Connell

Can I belong to both the "Cheap coin" collectors and Cheap "Coin Collectors"
groups.

Perhaps a group for cheap collectors of cheap coins?

Art

.

Old August 8th 03, 09:04 PM
Wolfgang Haeupler

Chrysta Wilson wrote:
As sometimes happens in RCC, I can see a drift once again into
political bickerikng. I think that the main problem here lies in the
splitting of people into factions based on political groups,

[...]

Chrysta!
I donīt think the main problem lies in the splitting
of people into factions based on political groups.

WE SHOULD HAVE NUKED VIETNAM.

Would you say this is what you should have done?
I think you wouldnīt even say this is just a political
opinion, I hope so at least.
Too many people died because somebody "nuked" another
and I donīt think you can excuse that with "splitting
of people into factions based on political groups"

We all know we share the obsession for coins but donīt
share our political opinion, so why do some of you always
ask for such quarrels. First it was France and Germany,
because their political leaders didnīt share the American
opinion about Iraq, now some idiots start trolling because
somebody from Vietnam asked about trading coins. Whatīs
about you?

Of course, I could just ignore those postings but it isnīt
possible all the time. I plonked Ed McGrath because he
is an impolite guy then again there is anybody else replying
to his crap and I have to read it. I have to read it, because
I canīt believe nobody tells him to shut up because he is
wrong. I canīt believe you all want Vietnam nuked.

Nearly all of you are very educated, know a lot about
history, foreign countries, about the people living there
and some of you even have relatives in Europe or
anywhere else in the world, even those didnīt say a
word against such a silly statement.

Many of you think Europeans donīt like Americans, that
isnīt true, we just donīt like idiots, no matter where
they are from.

Best regards and god bless the world,
Wolfgang

Old August 8th 03, 09:17 PM
Scottishmoney

Chrysta Wilson wrote in message
As sometimes happens in RCC, I can see a drift once again into political
bickerikng. I think that the main problem here lies in the splitting of
people into factions based on political groups, and would like to suggest
an alternative for those who feel left out of all this by their
unwillingness to veer off topic or distaste for political discussion.
Thus, I would like to propose that we create our own political parties
that all here can feel free to join, and then argue on topic to their
hearts content.

Chrysta

Your note strikes a cord, which is why I like my new ISP, and the filtering.
Especially the no Reed Goldbooger.

Dave

Old August 8th 03, 10:24 PM
Chris1

In article , "Wolfgang Haeupler" wrote:

Of course, I could just ignore those postings but it isnīt
possible all the time. I plonked Ed McGrath because he
is an impolite guy then again there is anybody else replying
to his crap and I have to read it. I have to read it, because
I canīt believe nobody tells him to shut up because he is
wrong. I canīt believe you all want Vietnam nuked.

I can't believe you think we all want that.

Nearly all of you are very educated, know a lot about
history, foreign countries, about the people living there
and some of you even have relatives in Europe or
anywhere else in the world, even those didnīt say a
word against such a silly statement.

I thought it was a pretty obvious troll post, even coming from a RCC
regular.

Many of you think Europeans donīt like Americans, that
isnīt true, we just donīt like idiots, no matter where
they are from.

I sure see alot of anti-American venom these days from Europe. Of course,
the leftists in America are foaming at the mouth more than usual too.
They'd rather see all of society collapse than have things improve under
the Republicans.

Chris
Old August 8th 03, 11:51 PM
Stujoe

In article , Dale
Hallmark spoke thusly...

I would like to propose a group:
.
"Cheap coin" collectors vs. Cheap "Coin Collectors"

Dale
...I might be a member of both ;-)

There is no 'might' on my platform. I am a card carrying member of
both those parties. :-)

--
Stu Miller
Read about Coins in the News:
Old August 8th 03, 11:59 PM
Stujoe

In article , Wolfgang
Haeupler spoke thusly...

I canīt believe nobody tells him to shut up because he is
wrong.

I plonk an entire thread when it starts to go political so I don't
see any of that stuff. There is NOTHING less interesting to me in
this group than political discussions. I would rather read 1000 posts
on the tensile strength of your nose hairs or 100,000 posts on
counterfeits than 10 posts on anyone's political agenda in this
group.

Sorry if that sounds harsh but it is just my two cents.

Old August 9th 03, 12:16 AM
Scottishmoney

Stujoe wrote in message
I plonk an entire thread when it starts to go political so I don't
see any of that stuff. There is NOTHING less interesting to me in
this group than political discussions. I would rather read 1000 posts
on the tensile strength of your nose hairs or 100,000 posts on
counterfeits than 10 posts on anyone's political agenda in this
group.
Stu Miller

We don't all live in California afterall

Dave

Old August 9th 03, 12:57 AM
Dale Hallmark

"Stujoe" wrote in message
In article , Dale
Hallmark spoke thusly...

I would like to propose a group:
.
"Cheap coin" collectors vs. Cheap "Coin Collectors"

Dale
...I might be a member of both ;-)

There is no 'might' on my platform. I am a card carrying member of
both those parties. :-)

Ok!! We have three!!
Just give us eight or six more and we can take control of this newsgroup!!
We can ridicule anyone that buys expensive coins IOSO's
IOSO's = In Our Shared Opinion's

We can ridicule anyone that pays more than 25% off of a cheap coin too!
We can hold contest to see who got the biggest bargain on a cheap coin as
well
as who owns potentially the worst registry set if we were not so cheap that
we would
send coins to be graded.

Other contest and subjects we could wholeheartedly endorse might be
entitled:
"I was so cheap that I......................" or in a similar vein...
"That coin was so cheap that.........." and one more time,
"Look what I practically stole from that amateur........"

I guess our main enemies would be from those dastardly groups,
"Expensive Coin" collectors vs. Expensive "Coin Collectors"

Dale ;-)