ANGRY ABOUT EBAY POLICY ON PCI COINS

Old January 23rd 08, 01:28 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Dave Hinz

Default ANGRY ABOUT EBAY POLICY ON PCI COINS

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 11:50:19 -0800 (PST), Frank Provasek wrote:

Nobody has found that companies such as SEGS (operated by Larry
Briggs) and PCI (by J.T. Stanton until recently) are anything except
totally above board. In fact, SEGS has given out only a handful of 70
grades.

Seems to me, your efforts would be better directed, then, at getting
SEGS and PCI listed as "trusted grading companies" with eBay.
Your continual rants on the topic aren't accomplishing anything other
than showing those you rant to that you're somewhat over the edge. If
you'd invest that effort in educating eBay, (if you can do so coherently
without the frothing at the mouth you do here), you might actually
accomplish something.

Anyone who continues to argue that these new ebay policies are about
ANYTHING other than concentrating
market share among the existing big players probably believes "I'm
from the government and I'm here to help"

Occam's razor indicates that ignorance is a more likely cause of eBay's
list of approved graders, than a specific plot to get you, Frank.

Another thing, Some of you seem proud that you got the auctions of a
quadaplegic cancelled for listing his PCI $20 gold coins. Mocking a
guy who types with a stick in his mouth for using all caps... That's
got to be the lowest of the low.

His alleged condition doesn't change his ability to read eBay's rules.
Even if it's true.

Old January 25th 08, 05:10 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Frank Provasek

On Jan 19, 2:38*pm, Jon Purkey wrote:

Do you have a link to the Coin World test? Even *if* true, I wonder if
other factors, such as the type of service paid for, could effect the
grade a coin receives?

Might have to cut and paste this link to make it work

http://www.nostomania.com/servlets/c...sion=J un2004