2006 Uncirculated Sets

Old June 8th 06, 05:41 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default 2006 Uncirculated Sets

The US Mint website says that the uncirculated sets will be available
for sale in "June/July". Well, we are already a week into June, and the
end of July is only 7 weeks away. I haven't heard from any other
sources when they will be released. Have I missed a news article
somewhere?

Old June 8th 06, 05:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Jud wrote:

The US Mint website says that the uncirculated sets will be available
for sale in "June/July". Well, we are already a week into June, and the
end of July is only 7 weeks away. I haven't heard from any other
sources when they will be released. Have I missed a news article
somewhere?

There is a confusing error on the US Mint web page that you are
referring to:

http://catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wcs...atalogId=10001

The introduction refers to "2006 products and their dates of
availability". What they really mean is dates of introduction, not
dates of availability. So for the uncirculated sets, "June/July" means
that the date on which the sets first go on sale could be any date from
June 1 to July 31. Also, they will probably put out a press release a
couple weeks in advance:

http://www.usmint.gov/pressroom/

As I recall, the uncirculated sets sold out really early last year. The
Mint will probably remain true to form, and allow this to happen again.
I expect a short window of availability for the Unc sets, like last
year. Does anyone remember just when the 2005 Unc sets sold out?

--Dave

Baseball Card Sets 1974 to 2006 416 Different Complete Mint and Factory versions from Topps, Upper Deck, Fleer, Donruss www.SMCCI.com Baseball 0 May 26th 06 03:19 AM
FS: 2002 Bowman Chrome Uncirculated Baseball 0 November 5th 03 01:02 PM
WANTLIST & TRADELIST Albert Magnant Hockey 0 August 18th 03 05:06 PM
FS or TRADE Albert Magnant Hockey 0 August 12th 03 06:34 PM
My WANTLIST & TRADELIST Albert Magnant Hockey 0 August 8th 03 01:47 PM