Contest Thread-What HappenIng To "ACG"

Old June 5th 06, 05:41 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default Contest Thread-What HappenIng To "ACG"

Does anyone know what is happening with "ACG" ?

mike

Old June 5th 06, 06:16 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Mike Hairfield wrote:
Does anyone know what is happening with "ACG" ?

mike

Heritage, PCGS, Stuppler, ANA et al have moved for dismissal of all
charges with the Hager's att'y opposing. At present, the Hagers are
making sworn depositions. After reviewing the depositions, the judge
will determine whether the case should go forward or be dismissed.
NuGrade has been dropped from the list of defendants. I believe Diane
Hager gave her deposition last week with Alan Hager to give his very
shortly.

Ira

Old June 5th 06, 06:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Ira wrote:
Mike Hairfield wrote:
Does anyone know what is happening with "ACG" ?

mike

Heritage, PCGS, Stuppler, ANA et al have moved for dismissal of all
charges with the Hager's att'y opposing. At present, the Hagers are
making sworn depositions. After reviewing the depositions, the judge
will determine whether the case should go forward or be dismissed.
NuGrade has been dropped from the list of defendants. I believe Diane
Hager gave her deposition last week with Alan Hager to give his very
shortly.

Ira

Thanks for the update, Ira. Wonder if the suit has affected ACG's business
in any way. I know part of what the Hagers are claiming is that their
business was adversely affected by comments allegedly made by the
defendants, but some have speculated that the publicity and "curiousity
factor" surrounding the law suit might well have actually helped their
sales. In any case, I hope the suit is dismissed forthwith. IMO, this
whole dog and pony show has been harmful to all involved and to the hobby in
general.

--
©¿©¬
~

Old June 5th 06, 06:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Although I didn't really look, I only saw a couple of ACG slabs in Long
Beach

Old June 5th 06, 07:03 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

I've noticed that you don't see them much on eBay anymore just the other
slobbing companies.

Mike

ink.net...

Old June 5th 06, 10:06 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Mike Hairfield" proclaimed in
:

I've noticed that you don't see them much on eBay anymore just the
other slobbing companies.

Mike

"Wes Chormicle" wrote in message
ink.net...

Although I didn't really look, I only saw a couple of ACG slabs in
Long Beach

The "others*" like:

SGS
HCGS
GCC (my current favorite: http://tinyurl.com/rdzlv )

*This post expressly not meant to denigrate the professional integrity
of any of these upstanding companies.

--
BA
Old June 5th 06, 10:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Ira wrote:

Mike Hairfield wrote:
Does anyone know what is happening with "ACG" ?

mike

Heritage, PCGS, Stuppler, ANA et al have moved for dismissal of all
charges with the Hager's att'y opposing. At present, the Hagers are
making sworn depositions. After reviewing the depositions, the judge
will determine whether the case should go forward or be dismissed.
NuGrade has been dropped from the list of defendants. I believe Diane
Hager gave her deposition last week with Alan Hager to give his very
shortly.

Ira

Hagar the Horrible is still selling coins, under a new ID

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQ...QsassZcanQ2aam

JAM
Old June 6th 06, 02:00 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Adolphe Menjou wrote:
Hagar the Horrible is still selling coins, under a new ID

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQ...QsassZcanQ2aam

And I'm still blocked from bidding.

Does he still cancel auctions if someone bids on one of his auctions and
then mentions it in this newsgroup? Anyone foolish enough to bid on one
of his auctions to find out?

B.J.
--
B.J. Herbison / / http://www.herbison.com/herbison/bj.html
The Next Asylum / 203 Long Hill Road / Bolton, MA 01740-1421 / +1 978
Old June 6th 06, 02:41 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Mike Hairfield" wrote in message
I've noticed that you don't see them much on eBay anymore just the other
slobbing companies.

Ha! "slobbing companies"! I like it...was it intentional, or merely a
fortuitous slip of the fingers?

Old June 6th 06, 04:29 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

On Tue, 06 Jun 2006 01:41:05 GMT, "Honus"
wrote:

"Mike Hairfield" wrote in message
I've noticed that you don't see them much on eBay anymore just the other
slobbing companies.

Ha! "slobbing companies"! I like it...was it intentional, or merely a
fortuitous slip of the fingers?

'Tis a tip o' the cap to Bigg Fredd. First used (maybe invented) by
him in rcc in late 1999.

take care,
Scott
"still no get EUROS I not ordered"