A Modest Proposal

Old August 10th 03, 12:26 PM
Christian Feldhaus

Wolfgang Haeupler wrote:

You said what I tried to say but your English is so much
better than mine.

Thanks blush but I think you expressed very well what you wanted to
say. Besides, I learned that it is more important to simply talk or
write when using a foreign language than to constantly ponder over
whether present tense or past perfect is right, or what verb forms to
use in an If clause, before typing or uttering a few words ;-)

Christian
Old August 10th 03, 12:26 PM
Christian Feldhaus

John Carney wrote:

"Christian Feldhaus" wrote

But, for example, criticizing the US government's way of dealing with
pretty much the rest of the world

You mean like feeding them and protecting them and buying their wares
and taking many of them into our Country as our own?

I had primarily this Put Up Or Shut Up attitude in mind that the current
US federal administration exercises so well. Sure, maybe your government
does not actually need any partners, but presenting fabricated
"evidence" while at the same time threatening countries that your
government officially considers to be allies is not necessarily the best
way of demonstrating one's power. And while I do realize that the
Sep-2001 attacks changed a lot in your country, I would feel much better
if international problems were not dealt with in a sense of "If you get
in our way, we'll treat you accordingly" but by at least attempting to
cooperate. Then again, I do not expect the US government to care about
how I feel g.

Greetings from Old Europe,
Christian
Old August 10th 03, 06:35 PM
Christian Feldhaus

John Carney wrote:

As far as German, French, and Russian resistance to liberating Iraq, I
find it amusing that these three countries had the greatest financial
interest in seeing the "Butcher of Baghdad" stay in power.

As far as German economic interests are concerned, your allegation is
about as founded as the fabricated evidence that your government
presented at a time when it first considered UN support useful. Been
through that quite a while ago, in newsgroups like tpe-u where
discussions like this are more appropriate than here and were not as
moot as now. Google should still have all those messages if you want to
go through them.

It seems greed motivated their position and they needed to be threatened.

Seems that such threats have a higher priority for your present
government than attempting to get international support based on facts,
not fiction. But I guess it does not make much sense to discuss all this
here once again ...

Christian