Fountain Pen Inks - A Sampler

Old June 30th 08, 07:21 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Bluesea[_3_]

Default Fountain Pen Inks - A Sampler

From http://inksampler.com:

"Fountain Pen Inks - A Sampler is returning under new ownership after nearly
two years of being out of print. It is with great pleasure that I am able
to bring the Sampler back to life for all those who have grown to count on
the publication for making their ink choices.

As I move forward, I will be adding back the information Greg previously had
on the site and will be adding more. Please, check back in every week or so
to see what is new.

Thanks for coming by,
Kass"

--
~~Bluesea~~
Spam is great in musubi, but not in email.

Old June 30th 08, 11:52 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
The Drunken Lord[_2_]

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 01:21:19 -0500, "Bluesea"
wrote:

From http://inksampler.com:

And it doesn't look like a very complete listing of some brands--not
many Diamines at all--of course, based on the 15 or so Diamines I
have, most Diamines are not worth messing with, but they do have some
good ones--Woodland Green and Mediterranean Blue being among
those--but a much higher dud rate than PR or Noodler's.

I guess I'll be buying one--I might even prepay. I wonder if this
woman can be trusted.

Does anybody know if people got their money back from Colfer's
Imperial Inks. He took prepayments but then discovered he was going
to have to buy 55 gallon drums of dye and didn't have the money to pay
for it.

Old Griz lent that undertaking an air of legitimacy by writing a
fairly glowing review of at least one of those inks. I guess when he
did the reviews, Old Griz didn't know the operation would go belly up
even before it got started--but after it had begun taking prepaid
orders from FPN'ers. But that, along with drilling the rear ends of
Pilot Varsity's--that can be chalked up as another of Old Griz's FPN
exploits.
Old July 1st 08, 09:09 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Bluesea[_3_]

wrote:

From http://inksampler.com:

And it doesn't look like a very complete listing of some brands--not
many Diamines at all--of course, based on the 15 or so Diamines I
have, most Diamines are not worth messing with, but they do have some
good ones--Woodland Green and Mediterranean Blue being among
those--but a much higher dud rate than PR or Noodler's.

I guess I'll be buying one--I might even prepay. I wonder if this
woman can be trusted.

Sorry, I don't know anything about her.