Testing of Mont Blanc Sepia vs. Blue Black

Old June 28th 08, 06:10 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
The Drunken Lord[_2_]

Default Testing of Mont Blanc Sepia vs. Blue Black

On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 11:42:05 -0500, l (Aaron W.
Hsu) wrote:

Noodler's certainly seems to have been a godsend to a lot of people. :-)
When I get a little more adventuresome in my pen inks, I might just go and
give them a go some time. It would be a lot of work to do ink tests
properly, and I think I'd be more interested in the writing dynamics that
the inks had when in certain pens than in their actual weather resistance.

Well, weather resistence is important to some people. I remember
reading a post on FPN by some guy, and I think he was somewhere in
northern Europe, but it could have been Chicago, and he liked to go
outside and sit on his patio and write during ice storms, and so
weather resistence was important to him.

And then if you live in flooding areas, in areas where you might come
home from work and find your house 5 feet deep in water, you might
think to yourself, "I'm glad I write in weather proof ink." Of course
if somebody burns your house down, the ink is not fireproof, so
weather proof ink does not work in all disaster situations.
Old June 28th 08, 09:30 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Bluesea[_3_]

"Aaron W. Hsu" wrote in message
In article ,
Bluesea wrote:

"Aaron W. Hsu" wrote in message
In article ,
Bluesea wrote:

"Aaron W. Hsu" wrote in message
news:b5GdnbxVudUUx_3VnZ2dnUVZ_sTinZ2d@giganews .com...
In article ,
Bluesea wrote:

I don't think an envelope would be exposed to rain that long. I expect
the
problem would be from having it up against other possibly damp envelopes
with no air circulation to help them dry.

Actually, this is what happens, in two forms. The first occurs when my
rather large mailbox gets hit with torrential rain, and the dampness
remains long after the rain is gone. This is probably the equivalent of
a little three or four hour deep soak before the postman picks up the
mail. After this, the letters must travel en route through fairly good
conditions until hitting Asia, at which point, southern Asia's very
salty and humid air can leave it's marks.

One the other hand, I usually use Encre Authentique for that
correspondence, and it fairs marvelously.

It's great that you found something that works for you. Greg Clark used to
test inks and publish them and the results in a book, but he discontinued.
Maybe it got to be too much for him to do. IMO, there wasn't much point to
seeing which inks were more resistant to the elements after Noodler's came
along.

Noodler's certainly seems to have been a godsend to a lot of people. :-)
When I get a little more adventuresome in my pen inks, I might just go and
give them a go some time. It would be a lot of work to do ink tests
properly, and I think I'd be more interested in the writing dynamics that
the inks had when in certain pens than in their actual weather resistance.

Yes, I'm hugely appreciative for the Noodler's waterproof inks.

I've found that the bulletproof inks are somewhat drier than the Noodler's
that aren't. For that reason, I don't like to use the bulletproof inks in my
Parker Sonnets. I've found the non-BP Apricot Orange to be too free-flowing
for my taste in my new Kaweco Sport and added a little Conway Stewart Orange
in a ratio of 1:4 to make it better for me.

--
~~Bluesea~~
Spam is great in musubi, but not in email.

Old June 28th 08, 09:35 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Bluesea[_3_]

"The Drunken Lord" wrote in message

Of course
if somebody burns your house down, the ink is not fireproof, so
weather proof ink does not work in all disaster situations.

Yes, Nathan said that the only way to remove the ink is to burn up the paper
on which it's written.

--
~~Bluesea~~
Spam is great in musubi, but not in email.

Mont Blanc Blue Black opinions? Aaron W. Hsu[_2_] Pens & Pencils 47 June 21st 08 12:52 AM
Mont Blanc #139 [email protected] Pens & Pencils 3 August 16th 06 08:49 AM
Black Mont Blanc fountain pen Ink appears BROWN on page Blarney Pens & Pencils 20 December 2nd 04 03:51 AM
Mont Blanc Jeffrey Pens & Pencils 3 September 29th 04 11:27 AM
WTB: Mont Blanc Nib Only Michael Pens & Pencils 3 May 24th 04 06:39 AM