Colorful -- er -- Spanish postage labels?

Old April 16th 08, 09:25 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Joshua McGee[_3_]

Default Colorful -- er -- Spanish postage labels?

What am I looking at here? http://cjoint.com/data/eqkuCp20Gt.htm

These were found in kiloware, and are clearly philatelic. Are these
meter/metre postage labels? Are they "official", "semi-official", or
"private" (is this a meaningful question?) Are they printed at a post
office or from, say, an office computer? If they are cataloged, where,
and do they have anything more than sub-nominal value? And finally, do
you know of any topical collectors who would pursue such things? (I don't
need names, I'm just wondering if such a beasts exist. The labels are
nice, colorful, and thematic.)

Thanks,

--
Joshua McGee ‹(•¿•)›
APS, ATA, ISWSC, AFDCS, MBPC, MCC, BPS
Old April 16th 08, 10:29 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Peter Baumann[_2_]

Joshua McGee schrieb:
What am I looking at here? http://cjoint.com/data/eqkuCp20Gt.htm

These were found in kiloware, and are clearly philatelic. Are these
meter/metre postage labels? Are they "official", "semi-official", or
"private" (is this a meaningful question?) Are they printed at a post
office or from, say, an office computer? If they are cataloged, where,
and do they have anything more than sub-nominal value? And finally, do
you know of any topical collectors who would pursue such things? (I don't
need names, I'm just wondering if such a beasts exist. The labels are
nice, colorful, and thematic.)

Thanks,

These are official post stamps. You can find them from several other
countries, as Switzerland, Germany, France, Australia and many others.
You can find a german publication called "Michel Automatenmarken der
ganzen Welt".

Peter
Old April 16th 08, 11:24 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Clayton[_2_]

In a recent message Joshua McGee wrote:

What am I looking at here? http://cjoint.com/data/eqkuCp20Gt.htm

These were found in kiloware, and are clearly philatelic. Are these
meter/metre postage labels? Are they "official", "semi-official", or
"private" (is this a meaningful question?)

Official

Are they printed at a post office

Yes

or from, say, an office computer? If they are cataloged, where,
and do they have anything more than sub-nominal value?

Probably no more than ordinary stamps of the period. It would be
an interesting challenge collecting all the postal rates for each label type!

And finally, do
you know of any topical collectors who would pursue such things?

Of course there will be collectors of them, as there are of beer-bottle
labels and bus timetables (Yes, I do know someone who collects these!)

(I don't need names, I'm just wondering if such a beasts exist. The labels are
nice, colorful, and thematic.)

They are much nicer than the appalling white labels used at British Post Offices,
where the powers that be have shown a total lack of imagination.

--
Tony Clayton
Coins of the UK :
Old April 16th 08, 12:36 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

"Joshua McGee"
What am I looking at here? http://cjoint.com/data/eqkuCp20Gt.htm

A post back in 1999 regarding these.
http://cjoint.com/data/eqnDjYSvd6.htm

I thought I recalled Mr. Tracy Barber saving these, or perhaps
at least posting some images, but I could not find them.

Edefil regards these as "Etiqueteas Postales" postal etiquettes,
as far as I can discern.
In Australia we get the boring white paper roll tape, with
till receipt, I always used this in my trades, because it gave
a receipt of postage sent, but I now learn, I can use stamps,
and request a till receipt to accompany the stamps, including
the country of destination and weight.

Old April 16th 08, 12:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Correction:

"Etiquetas Postales Conmemorativas"
Commemorative postal etiquettes

Old April 16th 08, 12:55 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Joshua McGee[_3_]

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 11:24:58 +0100, Tony Clayton wrote:

Are they printed at a post office

Yes

They are much nicer than the appalling white labels used at British Post
Offices, where the powers that be have shown a total lack of
imagination.

We get boring white labels, too, which are abysmal. Printing from home
is no better in terms of appearances, but you can buy Delivery
Confirmation service for only $0.18 (about an eighth of the cost at the
P.O.) I won't swerve too much, but if I want to be sure something gets
where it's going, I print a label for the 1 oz. (minimum) rate and pay
for Delivery Confirmation. For additional postage, I use stamps. I
haven't seen this officially blessed or disallowed, but I haven't had
anything go missing yet. I should write a post on this alone.

or from, say, an office computer? If they are cataloged, where, and do
they have anything more than sub-nominal value?

Probably no more than ordinary stamps of the period. It would be an
interesting challenge collecting all the postal rates for each label
type!

I tried that for a while, collecting electric-vend non-denominated
definitives that a P.O. would print for you (printed, computer-readable
numbers on a frame-only definitive) but unfortunately didn't start until
after the USPS's experiment was over, so I have to find them in other
people's collections.

And finally, do
you know of any topical collectors who would pursue such things?

Of course there will be collectors of them, as there are of beer-bottle
labels and bus timetables (Yes, I do know someone who collects these!)

Yes, of course. :-) In addition to stamps, I collect single malt Scotch
whisky from certain distilleries, and hand scythes. Nothing is off
limit, apparently. But, I mean, is there an official body for collectors
of these, or official publications/checklists on the topic by the ATA or
a similar topical body?

Old April 16th 08, 12:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Joshua McGee[_3_]

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 11:29:42 +0200, Peter Baumann wrote:

These are official post stamps. You can find them from several other
countries, as Switzerland, Germany, France, Australia and many others.
You can find a german publication called "Michel Automatenmarken der
ganzen Welt".

Thank you, Peter! To clarify, this publication would list all
countries', or just Germany's? And does it price them?

Old April 16th 08, 01:11 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Joshua McGee[_3_]

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 19:36:56 +0800, rodney wrote:

"Joshua McGee"
What am I looking at here? http://cjoint.com/data/eqkuCp20Gt.htm

A post back in 1999 regarding these.
http://cjoint.com/data/eqnDjYSvd6.htm

Thank you! So I guess they were in use in the 1990s. That narrows my
search somewhat.

I thought I recalled Mr. Tracy Barber saving these, or perhaps at least
posting some images, but I could not find them.

Ping, Tracy?

Edefil regards these as "Etiqueteas Postales" postal etiquettes, as far
as I can discern.

Or "Postal Tickets/Labels", maybe, as a translation? Anyone have a
recent copy that prices these, or gives a period of use for the pictorial
labels? Could you pick your artwork (from a list), or were they rotated
at the Post Offices, and you had one choice at one time? I'm writing a
Rawolik-style column, and would like to mention them with an adequate
description.

After the article, I'll probably stick them cheaply in StampWants in a
Topical category with appropriate keywords and see if I can help anyone
with topical needs. Or save them in a trade folder in case I see someone
with a penguin or weasel on one! :-)

Are those 125 and 700 ES pesata? That's, what, like US$4 - $5 for the
more expensive one in those days? Were these frequently used on parcels?

Old April 16th 08, 01:25 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Peter Baumann[_2_]

Joshua McGee schrieb:
On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 11:29:42 +0200, Peter Baumann wrote:

These are official post stamps. You can find them from several other
countries, as Switzerland, Germany, France, Australia and many others.
You can find a german publication called "Michel Automatenmarken der
ganzen Welt".

Thank you, Peter! To clarify, this publication would list all
countries', or just Germany's? And does it price them?

As far as I know, yes and yes.

Have a look he
http://www.prophila.de/Produktbeschr...574616172.html

and he
http://cgi.ebay.de/MICHEL-Automatenm...QQcmdZViewItem

It is in german, but perhaps you can read what is of interest to you.

Peter
Old April 16th 08, 01:42 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

"Joshua McGee"
Or "Postal Tickets/Labels", maybe, as a translation? Anyone have a
recent copy that prices these, or gives a period of use for the pictorial
labels?

Not here, my Edifil is 1988
from that, the labels (un-comm) appeared 1979
as the normal meter labels, the commemoratives
then in 1985 (non image commems)
The image meters had not started by catalogue commencement
1988
HTH

FA: Colorful Morgans JZrarities Coins 7 October 3rd 05 03:04 PM
FA: 1884-O Morgan ANACS MS-63 COLORFUL jzrarities Coins 0 February 24th 05 12:06 AM
FA 1887/7 ANACS MS-64 COLORFUL jzrarities Coins 0 February 22nd 05 02:34 PM
Colorful Coins Jim W Coins 5 July 19th 04 10:08 PM
Colorful Commem JOPN Coins 3 August 6th 03 07:47 PM