Forced to buy a Mont Blanc Mozart - thoughts?

Old December 14th 04, 10:09 PM
morten

Default Forced to buy a Mont Blanc Mozart - thoughts?

HEre's my problem. A friend gave me a Mont Blanc ballpoint as a gift.
I don't want it, because it's a ballpoint. (A $2 gel pen is light
years better than this $295 gadget).

Went back to the store to trade for a fountain. All of which are Mont
Blanc (jewelery store, not pen shop) and start at $440 for a Mont
Blanc Mozart. They don't have that pen in stock, but will order it in.

So, thoughts please. Do I want to pay an extra $145 to get a Mozart?
HAs anyone used a Mozart? Should I just keep the overpriced
ballpoint?
Thanks.
Old December 15th 04, 12:50 AM
Allen

I don't think you should pay those prices. You can find a Montblanc Mozart
for less than $145. Check ebay or watch for availability on this list.

Old December 15th 04, 03:49 AM
Steven Banks

"morten" wrote in message
m...
HEre's my problem. A friend gave me a Mont Blanc ballpoint as a gift.
I don't want it, because it's a ballpoint. (A $2 gel pen is light
years better than this $295 gadget).

Went back to the store to trade for a fountain. All of which are Mont
Blanc (jewelery store, not pen shop) and start at $440 for a Mont
Blanc Mozart. They don't have that pen in stock, but will order it in.

So, thoughts please. Do I want to pay an extra $145 to get a Mozart?
HAs anyone used a Mozart? Should I just keep the overpriced
ballpoint?

Think about trading it in for the Mont Blanc Boheme Noir Rollerball. At
first I didn't like the Boheme line because it wasn't the traditional type
Mont Blanc, but after having used it for some time now there are features
that I do like. I like being able to screw the cap onto the pens barrel.
Their rollerballs are smooth like a ballpoint but have more depth in the
ink.

Just a thought.
Steve Banks

Old December 15th 04, 11:20 AM
Free Citizen

"Allen" wrote in message
m...
I don't think you should pay those prices. You can find a Montblanc Mozart
for less than $145. Check ebay or watch for availability on this list.

I think he wants to trade in that overpriced ballpoint holder for an
overpriced fountain pen.

--
Best regards,
T-H Lim

Old December 15th 04, 11:21 AM
Free Citizen

"morten" wrote in message
m...
HEre's my problem. A friend gave me a Mont Blanc ballpoint as a gift.
I don't want it, because it's a ballpoint. (A $2 gel pen is light
years better than this $295 gadget).

Went back to the store to trade for a fountain. All of which are Mont
Blanc (jewelery store, not pen shop) and start at $440 for a Mont
Blanc Mozart. They don't have that pen in stock, but will order it in.

So, thoughts please. Do I want to pay an extra $145 to get a Mozart?
HAs anyone used a Mozart? Should I just keep the overpriced
ballpoint?
Thanks.

Why must it be a Mozart? Don't they have 144 or 146?

Old December 15th 04, 07:46 PM
cl

morten wrote:

HEre's my problem. A friend gave me a Mont Blanc ballpoint as a gift.
I don't want it, because it's a ballpoint. (A $2 gel pen is light
years better than this $295 gadget).

....cut

Put a coarse black refill in and try it first.
Old December 15th 04, 08:16 PM
PENMART01

morten wrote:

HEre's my problem. A friend gave me a Mont Blanc ballpoint as a gift.
I don't want it, because it's a ballpoint.

Sheesh... I wish I had friends who gift me with expensive pens. Morten, you
are an UNGRATEFUL LOW CLASS *******... your real problem is how that maniac you
call mommy raised you to behave like a stinkin' low life turd.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
Old December 15th 04, 11:10 PM
Perry Donham

I have a Mozart, given as a gift from a client. It isn't my favorite pen,
but it writes well enough, and there are times when a MB pen conveys a
certain message (the message being 'Hey look I wear a MB so I must be very
wordly and knowledgeable', or 'Hey look I spent a ridiculous amount of
money on a stick of Precious Resin', depending on whether the person
you're talking to knows pens or not).

If you're stuck with MB, you could do worse than the Mozart. I have
relatively small hands, and it fits me better than some of their other
models.

Perry

Old December 24th 04, 05:59 AM
Bozack

Your getting suckered if you are paying $400+ for a Mozart....

For that price you can get a P146 which is a much bigger, bottle fill pen.

Either Sell the pen on ebay and buy something you like (a truly ass hat
thing to do since it was a gift), exchange it for a P145 chopin or a P146
LeGrand and still be a dick...or keep it and try to enjoy it as it was a
gift.

m...