Christmas Island

Old May 27th 07, 08:51 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
John DeBoo

Default Christmas Island

Where might I obtain an up to date list of what is available for
Christmas Island stamps, strips, souvenir sheets, et al? The Scott cat
does a terrible job of this as I have some unlisted items. I was hoping
to locate a website but the PO site for them stops at 2000 and the email
address is invalid. I know in the last 10 years there have been all
manner of presentation packs and other items available but cannot locate
a list, nor have I any sense of what they'd cost. I have located a site
that goes into 2006 but don't know how complete it may be as its a
dealers site and not necessarily a complete grouping of what is
available, except through him.

If you know where I might locate such info on the 'net I'd certainly be
appreciative. I'm in the US.

Thanks, Grandpa John
Old May 28th 07, 12:42 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

On May 27, 3:51�pm, John DeBoo wrote:
Where might I obtain an up to date list of what is available for
Christmas Island stamps, strips, souvenir sheets, et al? *The Scott cat
does a terrible job of this as I have some unlisted items. *I was hoping
to locate a website but the PO site for them stops at 2000 and the email
address is invalid. *I know in the last 10 years there have been all
manner of presentation packs and other items available but cannot locate
a list, nor have I any sense of what they'd cost. *I have located a site
that goes into 2006 but don't know how complete it may be as its a
dealers site and not necessarily a complete grouping of what is
available, except through him.

If you know where I might locate such info on the 'net I'd certainly be
appreciative. *I'm in the US.

Thanks, Grandpa John

I have no clue where you can find a list of all the stamp products.
Bombaystamps.com is where I look for my meager needs.
What is strange to me is the Christmas Island/Australia Chinese New
Year joint issue stamps are only listed in Christmas Island.

Ralphael, the OLD one

Old May 28th 07, 01:22 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
John DeBoo

Ralphael1 wrote:
[...]

Thanks, what's even stranger (to me) is that the new 2008 Scott cat has
it's last Christmas Island entry as #459, issued June 13, 2006. For a
cat that should have 2007 data its pretty poor, ANd I know there are
2007 stamps as I just picked up a pair & mini sheet at ROMpex last
weekend! Plus there are gutter strips of 10 available for the last few
years but I've no idea who'd carry them nor what a number would be. And
since I refuse to have a PayPal account (to easily hacked) I'm up the
creek w/o a paddle being in the US. I'll keep looking, thanks for your
assistance sir.
Grandpa John
Old May 28th 07, 09:44 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Asia-translation

On May 28, 5:51 am, John DeBoo wrote:
Where might I obtain an up to date list of what is available for
Christmas Island stamps, strips, souvenir sheets, et al? The Scott cat
does a terrible job of this as I have some unlisted items. I was hoping
to locate a website but the PO site for them stops at 2000 and the email
address is invalid. I know in the last 10 years there have been all
manner of presentation packs and other items available but cannot locate
a list, nor have I any sense of what they'd cost. I have located a site
that goes into 2006 but don't know how complete it may be as its a
dealers site and not necessarily a complete grouping of what is
available, except through him.

If you know where I might locate such info on the 'net I'd certainly be
appreciative. I'm in the US.

Thanks, Grandpa John

Have you tried the Australia Post Web site, http://www.auspost.com.au/philatelic/stamps/intro.asp?

Tony Mac Gillycuddy

Old May 28th 07, 09:48 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

Hi Grandpa John,

Take a look at this site: www.wnsstamps.ch/en/

They only list stamps from 2002 thru 2007 (none for 2007 yet).
Before 2002 I assume you have to use Scott.

Jerry Bodoff

Old May 28th 07, 12:47 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

On May 28, 4:44�am, Asia-translation
wrote:
[...]

I thought this wqould be the source of Christmas Island stamps but
could not find them there.

Ralphael, the OLD one.

Old May 28th 07, 02:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On May 28, 4:48 am, wrote:
Hi Grandpa John,

Take a look at this site: www.wnsstamps.ch/en/

They only list stamps from 2002 thru 2007 (none for 2007 yet).
Before 2002 I assume you have to use Scott.

Jerry Bodoff

Greetings Jerry and Group:

WNS is a great idea, but their web site will only be as complete
as the countries are in send in information and images.

Some countries only send one or two updates per year, so you
can wait 6 to 12 months to see their latest issues. The last issue
shown for either Australia or the USA or Canada is Nov 2006.
Anguilla last sent in info for issues of 2004. Austria does it in
advance, so their stamps up to 13 July 2007 are on the web site.

Also, some countries do not participate in the WNS system.
It is NOT compulsory for UPU members.

Blair

Old May 28th 07, 06:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
John DeBoo

Asia-translation wrote:
[...]

No, I hadn't. I was under the impression that since there is/was a
Christmas Island post that they were the issuing entity but an email I
received says that Australia has taken over the issuance of CI stamps so
thanks for the link.
Grandpa John