FA: 1956 Quarter, ICG PR69 DCAM

Old September 9th 04, 11:26 AM
JOHN AHNEN

Default FA: 1956 Quarter, ICG PR69 DCAM

This is another coin that I have up for auction. Right now it is going well
below it's actual value (imo). Thanks for looking.

Anyone care to express their opinion as to value? (Like I had to ask)

Thanks, and I enjoy the give and take of this group.

John
(Selling stuff apparently at random)

Old September 9th 04, 05:03 PM
Bill Krummel

"JOHN AHNEN" wrote in message
link.net...
This is another coin that I have up for auction. Right now it is going

well
below it's actual value (imo). Thanks for looking.

Anyone care to express their opinion as to value? (Like I had to ask)

Thanks, and I enjoy the give and take of this group.

John
(Selling stuff apparently at random)

Well, I wouldn't venture a guess on value. I did put in a bid, though. I
have bought several 1950s and 1960s proof quarters at well less than listed
prices, even quarters in PCGS holders. An ICG holder will almost guarantee
a lot lower final bid, regardless of how accurate ICG has graded the coin.
Many bidders will assume that the coin would only cross to PCGS at a lower
numerical grade and possibly only as a cameo, not as a deep cameo. The
assumption will be reflected in their bid.

The PCGS internet price guide will not help in the case of the 1956 DCam
proof quarter, since the guide shows cameo priced equal to or higher than
DCam in most grades. Obviously an erroneous listing on the part of the
guide, but not everyone will pick up on it. There is no listing that I
could see for a PF69.

Bill