My pen flushing blues

Old September 19th 04, 10:38 AM
R. Paul Martin

On 18 Sep 2004 18:52:45 GMT, nky (Scaupaug1) wrote:

Also....some inks have extremes in PH differences and components. Some inks
actually have certain salts in them....Noodler's HATES salts ....

Since you're here, I have a question. Do you have any experience
mixing your excellent Noodler's Black with Waterman Florida Blue?

I'm thinking of experimenting with mixing them at around 4 or 5 parts
Florida Blue to 1 part Noodler's Black so that I 'd have a largely
blue ink that would not wash away as completely as Florida Blue does.
Would that work, do you think?
Old September 19th 04, 11:07 AM
R. Paul Martin

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 16:27:51 GMT, "KCat" wrote:

The core holds an amazing amount of fluid in it's section/feed. I had a
near-full converter in mine and because it had sat for a long time I decided
to "prime" the pen by pushing the ink up into the nib (turning the piston as
if to expel the ink.) I was able to completely empty the converter into the
pen and no ink ever appeared in the nib or feed. so... it would appear that
the "collector" of the Core holds a good .5 mls. Yeesh.

Thanks for that information. I've been wondering why the Cores, of the
few pens I've used, are such a pain to deal with after flushing. I was
wondering if something like this was happening with them. Now I kow
that I'd better be very thorough in getting the water out of them
after flushing and that I am not going to get the instant
gratification of using a new ink immediately after flushing the Core.
I have previously had it take days to get a decent line of ink out of
the Cores after flushing.

I don't know of
any other magic for drying out a pen except for patience. :-)

Well, thanks for the advice. Now I just have to figure out why my
second one is skipping.
Old September 19th 04, 08:17 PM
Garglemonster

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 09:35:05 GMT, R. Paul Martin
said:

[many core flushing problems]

R Does anyone know how to take the nib and feed out of the
R section on this pen? Maybe I need to thoroughly clean out the
R ink path or something.

removing the nib is pretty straightforward: just pull it off. it
takes some doing, but it's possible.

--

Then again, it's a lot easier to accept JESUS CHRIST as your personal
saviour when he looks like WILHEM DAFOE.
Old September 22nd 04, 03:25 PM
R. Paul Martin

said:

[many core flushing problems]

R Does anyone know how to take the nib and feed out of the
R section on this pen? Maybe I need to thoroughly clean out the
R ink path or something.

removing the nib is pretty straightforward: just pull it off. it
takes some doing, but it's possible.

You mean just grab the nib and feed in one hand, the barrel in the
other and pull? I'd be nervous about doing that, but maybe I'll have
to in order to get the pen writing without skipping again. With the
design of the Rotring Core I sure won't have a hard time getting a
good grip on the barrel!
Old September 22nd 04, 10:53 PM
Garglemonster

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 14:25:00 GMT, R. Paul Martin
said:

R On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 15:17:33 -0400, Garglemonster
R wrote:

R Does anyone know how to take the nib and feed out of the
R section on this pen? Maybe I need to thoroughly clean out the
R ink path or something.

removing the nib is pretty straightforward: just pull it off.
it takes some doing, but it's possible.

R You mean just grab the nib and feed in one hand, the barrel in
R the other and pull?

no, grab and pull the nib only. it's hard to get a grip, which is why
i wrote that it takes some doing.

--

hubub, hubub, HUBUB, hubub, hubub, hubub, HUBUB, hubub, hubub, hubub.
Old September 23rd 04, 04:10 AM
Kenneth D. Schillinger

Whatever you do, don't try pulling it with your teeth.
Don't Ask!
Ken.

--
All incoming and outgoing mail scanned using Norton Anti Virus, by the
shores of beautiful Puget Sound.