Etiquettes ID.

Old October 12th 09, 02:03 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Default Etiquettes ID.

Thank Blair (gulp)
It will take me all day to digest yours and Ryans replies
and adjust my image labels.
Thanks for both your times spent.
rodney

"Blair"
Here you go Rodney:

Old October 12th 09, 03:35 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Thanks Ryan, a typo,
in fact the etiquette had a vancouver pmk aboard as well.
Cheers

"Ryan Davenport"
Note that your listing of US 002 is actually a duplicate of the Canada 001 etiquette. That style of Canadian
etiquette also exists for First Class (green) and Special Delivery (red) with the same font (bilingual, of course).

Ryan

Old October 12th 09, 10:02 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

"Asia-translation"
No. 8 looks Indian to me, though I suppose it might be Nepal; not
Bhutan or Bangladesh, anyway, unless they were using Devanagari
script.

Right. Devanagari script, one to look up on the interweb.

No. 11 I think should be Japanese. I checked my Hong Kong Chinese
dictionary, and those characters aren't listed for 'airmail', while
they are for Japanese. (Shouldn't be China, because the characters
are Traditional, not Simplified.)
Tony

Well I am glad I asked, there is a lot of toing and froing, with this little number.

Old October 12th 09, 10:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

"Blair"
Also I still believe Rods Australia File274 is a label
from a UK stationery manufacturer. It was available
in a number of commonwealth countries and It comes
in at least two styles.
http://static.open.salon.com/files/a...1243880150.jpg
Rod?

Yes, I agree there Blair,
and would explain why it turns up so often in the sludge
at the back of Australian suburban albums.
It also, in a way, explains the pommy FPO that Tony suggested.
(apologies there too
For quite some time we were "Little England" now our halter reins
get jiggled by the US.

Old October 12th 09, 11:42 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Thanks Blair,
you may have pushed my collection over 1%

"Blair"
Here its is on a Hong Kong cover.
http://worldwidecovers.files.wordpre...ong-081118.jpg

and here on UK covers :
http://www.postalcensorship.com/exam...press9s3d.jpeg
http://www.sossi.org/aero/uk57.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...authorised.jpg
http://www.intayrnet.com/collectable...res/bph512.jpg

Old October 13th 09, 11:00 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On Oct 12, 6:42*pm, "rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au wrote:
Thanks Blair,
you may have pushed my collection over 1% *

I guess the problem in sorting these by country is that
there are at keast 4 major groups of etiquette products.
Of course, any label could be used anywhere,
if the sender carried them around.

1) National Post Offices (easy to sort by country)
2) National Hotels / Chains (ditto)
3) Railways (ditto)

4) International Hotel Chains (eg Hilton) (sort by chain)
5) International Steamship Lines (eg Cunard / White Star)
(sort by company)
6) Common designs used by more than one manufacturer.
(sort by design)

Blair

4) Stationery Manufacturers (sort by company)
5)