Minor Brag?

Old July 20th 03, 12:05 AM
Francis A. Miniter

Default Minor Brag?

At the Saybrook Library Book Sale today (I avoided the Westport on that
Art Layton mentioned in his post), I picked up what appears to be a
signed second printing of Alfred Eisenstadt's "Martha's Vineyard"
(Oxmoor House 1988). The signature appears as "Eisenstaedt" on the
FFEP. I have been attempting this afternoon to find a simulacrum of
Eisenstaedt's signature on line, but to no avail. If anyone has any
suggestions, I would be most grateful. I have tried Raab, My Book
House, and Author Signatures.

Francis A. Miniter

Old July 21st 03, 04:57 AM
Tim Doyle

"Francis A. Miniter" wrote in message ...
At the Saybrook Library Book Sale today (I avoided the Westport on that
Art Layton mentioned in his post), I picked up what appears to be a
signed second printing of Alfred Eisenstadt's "Martha's Vineyard"
(Oxmoor House 1988). The signature appears as "Eisenstaedt" on the
FFEP. I have been attempting this afternoon to find a simulacrum of
Eisenstaedt's signature on line, but to no avail. If anyone has any
suggestions, I would be most grateful. I have tried Raab, My Book
House, and Author Signatures.

Francis A. Miniter

Take a look at the following item on ABE

http://dogbert.abebooks.com/servlet/...h=2&bi=8960900

for a photo of Eisentstaedt's signature. I have no connection with this
seller, and obviously can't vouch for authenticity.

Regards, Tim
Old July 21st 03, 07:25 PM
Francis A. Miniter

Many thanks. The signature is at least similar to the one in the book I
bought.

Francis A. Miniter