What are your thought?

Old March 6th 16, 10:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
sgt23

Default What are your thought?

Will any of you be purchasing the Mercury, Standing Liberty or Walking Liberty gold coins this year? Do you like this ideal or do you think the mint should stay away from these kinds of products?
Old March 9th 16, 12:31 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Old Usenet User[_2_]

On 3/6/2016 4:59 PM, sgt23 wrote:
Will any of you be purchasing the Mercury, Standing Liberty or Walking Liberty gold coins this year?

Do you like this ideal or do you think the mint should stay away from
these kinds of products?

Depending on the state of my finances, I'll be getting at least the
Mercury Dime, although I would like all 3.
I think the Mint should offer a boxed set of the three.
I like this program but hope the Mint won't go the way of the Canadian
mint and start offering score of coins every year.
Old March 9th 16, 02:25 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jerry Dennis

On Sunday, March 6, 2016 at 4:59:30 PM UTC-5, sgt23 wrote:
Will any of you be purchasing the Mercury, Standing Liberty or Walking Liberty gold coins this year? Do you like this ideal or do you think the mint should stay away from these kinds of products?

Gold is getting too expensive for a commemorative. If they were made in silver I'd consider it.

One thing that kind of bothered me was the 2014 Kennedy. The Mint issued a dual-date gold commem. I would have gotten one if it was silver. The gold was too cost prohibitive.

Jerry
Old March 10th 16, 01:46 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
sgt23

On Tuesday, March 8, 2016 at 6:31:41 PM UTC-5, Old Usenet User wrote:
On 3/6/2016 4:59 PM, sgt23 wrote:
Will any of you be purchasing the Mercury, Standing Liberty or Walking Liberty gold coins this year?

Do you like this ideal or do you think the mint should stay away from
these kinds of products?

Depending on the state of my finances, I'll be getting at least the
Mercury Dime, although I would like all 3.
I think the Mint should offer a boxed set of the three.
I like this program but hope the Mint won't go the way of the Canadian
mint and start offering score of coins every year.

I thought a nice wooden box would set the set off. I think I might get a gold merc if price isn't too much above melt. I haven't heard set price yet for any of the new gold coins.
Old March 10th 16, 01:49 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
sgt23

On Wednesday, March 9, 2016 at 8:25:17 AM UTC-5, Jerry Dennis wrote:
On Sunday, March 6, 2016 at 4:59:30 PM UTC-5, sgt23 wrote:
Will any of you be purchasing the Mercury, Standing Liberty or Walking Liberty gold coins this year? Do you like this ideal or do you think the mint should stay away from these kinds of products?

Gold is getting too expensive for a commemorative. If they were made in silver I'd consider it.

One thing that kind of bothered me was the 2014 Kennedy. The Mint issued a dual-date gold commem. I would have gotten one if it was silver. The gold was too cost prohibitive.

Jerry

The mint seems too be getting them selves in a lot of messes lately or produce coins that don't work out. Sometimes I wish they would just go back to just mint and unc sets, and maybe one commemorative a year.
Old March 10th 16, 01:51 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
sgt23

On 3/6/2016 4:59 PM, sgt23 wrote:
Will any of you be purchasing the Mercury, Standing Liberty or Walking Liberty gold coins this year?

Do you like this ideal or do you think the mint should stay away from
these kinds of products?

Depending on the state of my finances, I'll be getting at least the
Mercury Dime, although I would like all 3.
I think the Mint should offer a boxed set of the three.
I like this program but hope the Mint won't go the way of the Canadian
mint and start offering score of coins every year.

I thought a nice wooden box would set the set off. I think I might get a gold merc if the sales price isn't too much above melt. I haven't heard of a set price yet for any of the new gold coins.
Old March 10th 16, 04:23 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

You should expect the price of the new gold Mercury dime to be at least 50% above melt. Based on $1250 spot gold, something like $180 plus $4.95 postage, probably more.

oly

Thought of the Day Michael Ng Coins 3 August 1st 06 07:47 PM
Your first thought... Larry Louks Coins 13 August 7th 05 02:19 PM
A thought John Carney Coins 10 December 1st 04 02:33 PM
If you thought you'd seen everything.... Jim Wild Coins 2 September 26th 04 11:36 PM
I thought I had seen just about everything! Bernhard Rich Coins 10 January 10th 04 10:52 PM