Will all ebay sales be taxes in future?

Old May 21st 10, 11:08 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Florence

Default Will all ebay sales be taxes in future?

http://money.cnn.com/2010/05/21/smal...n_bin&hpt=Sbin

Even if you are not a "business" will the coin collector be caught in
this and why would be collect and sell if this is what you get.

Just wondering ...

Tea Party Coin Collector liberterian ~ not illegally in USA
Old May 22nd 10, 12:44 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
j-rod

Florence wrote:

http://money.cnn.com/2010/05/21/smal...n_bin&hpt=Sbin

Even if you are not a "business" will the coin collector be caught in
this and why would be collect and sell if this is what you get.

Just wondering ...

Tea Party Coin Collector liberterian ~ not illegally in USA

Even as a collector you have to pay taxes on any profit realized.

JAM
Old May 22nd 10, 01:48 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Florence

ok I presume you are joking as obviously NO collector has ever paid
taxes on a few dollar profit on a coin. Be realistic.

Flo

http://money.cnn.com/2010/05/21/smal...ge/index.htm?s...

Old May 22nd 10, 03:53 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"Florence" wrote in message
ok I presume you are joking as obviously NO collector has ever paid
taxes on a few dollar profit on a coin. Be realistic.

So are you implying then that you don't or wouldn't pay taxes on your
profits from coin sales? Then you also must presume that NO IRS agent
could possibly be concerned with that.

Old May 22nd 10, 10:56 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Relayer

On May 21, 6:44�pm, j-rod wrote:
Florence wrote:

http://money.cnn.com/2010/05/21/smal...ge/index.htm?s...

Even if you are not a "business" will the coin collector be caught in
this and why would be collect and sell if this is what you get.

Just wondering ...

Tea Party Coin Collector liberterian ~ not illegally in USA

Even as a collector you have to pay taxes on any profit realized.

JAM

You have to pay taxes if you have conducted X number of transactions,
and the only on the profit realized. It's always been like that but
it's up to you to report the income. I'd venture to say most regular
collectors have realized a minimal profit and wouldn't fall under
guidelines and have, in fact, most have probably lost money if they
have made most purchases on Ebay or a dealer. For something like coin
collecting, I think it would be nearly impossible. I didn't read the
article but my guess is they are after more of what would be a classic
"Ebay" store that sells anything under the roof.
Old May 22nd 10, 12:45 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On May 21, 9:53*pm, "Bruce Remick" wrote:
"Florence" wrote in message

ok I presume you are joking as obviously NO collector has ever paid
taxes on a few dollar profit on a coin. *Be realistic.

So are you implying then that you don't or wouldn't pay taxes on your
profits from coin sales? * Then you also must presume that NO IRS agent
could possibly be concerned with that.

Mr. Remick, can you say "agent provocateur"?

oly

Old May 23rd 10, 12:03 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Wm Hopkins[_3_]

"Florence" wrote in message

ok I presume you are joking as obviously NO collector has ever paid
taxes on a few dollar profit on a coin. Be realistic.

So are you implying then that you don't or wouldn't pay taxes on your
profits from coin sales? Then you also must presume that NO IRS agent
could possibly be concerned with that.

Mr. Remick, can you say "agent provocateur"?

oly

That was one of Foreignor's better albums. Time to go diggin'...

Old May 24th 10, 01:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
EricBabula[_2_]

On May 22, 6:03*pm, "Wm Hopkins" whopkins65 at mchsi.com wrote:
"oly" wrote in message

Mr. Remick, can you say "agent provocateur"?

oly

That was one of Foreignor's better albums. Time to go diggin'...

Also a British lingerie store. Your turn to go diggin!! More
fun!!!