Suspended by ebay for listing unapproved coins - take action!

Old December 21st 07, 06:04 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Honus[_3_]

Default Suspended by ebay for listing unapproved coins - take action!

"RF" wrote in message

His email address uses the name FW Dixon which is the pseudonym used by

the
people (yes, plural) that write (yes, present tense) the books.- Hide

quoted text -

for more info, visit my http://hardyboys.us site

I already have. That URL's been in my browser's "favorites" file for years.
(I collect the books.) It's a fabulous site.

Old December 21st 07, 06:09 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Honus[_3_]

"tony cooper" wrote in message
On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 20:03:37 -0800 (PST), RF
wrote:

On Dec 20, 10:28 pm, "Honus" wrote:

His email address uses the name FW Dixon which is the pseudonym used by

the
people (yes, plural) that write (yes, present tense) the books.- Hide

quoted text -

for more info, visit my http://hardyboys.us site

Which leads us to what "RF" stands for. You aren't that fa..rotund
sportswriter, are you?

He's never hidden his name; it's right there out in the open at the URL he
provided.

Old December 21st 07, 03:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RF

On Dec 20, 11:57*pm, tony cooper wrote:

Which leads us to what "RF" stands for. *You aren't that fa..rotund
sportswriter, are you?

Nah, he's in Cleveland and, as far as I know, no relation.
Old December 21st 07, 03:38 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RF

On Dec 21, 1:04*am, "Honus" wrote:

I already have. That URL's been in my browser's "favorites" file for years..
(I collect the books.) *It's a fabulous site.

Thanks blush.
While several Hardy Boys stories have had coins involved with the plot
over the years, "The Melted Coins" original text version is ALL about
coins - the plot has thives stealing rare coins and melting them down
to make counterfeits of circulating coins. Yes, that's right they melt
valuable rare coins to make counterfeits! And this book was written
back when silver circulated! Dumb, dumb, dumb!
Old December 21st 07, 04:03 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
note.boy

"Honus" wrote in message
. ..

"Jud" wrote in message
When responding to these annoying posts, please trim your headers.

1) If you're responding to a person that might be in the other group, why
respond at all if you're going to trim the header to delete that other
group?

And

2) When responding to any post, try leaving in a bit of a quote so people
know who you're talking to and what it's about. I'm only guessing that
your
post was directed at me. If I'm wrong, it's still your fault.

AMOE crossposts are not welcome.

It's only natural that on occasion a cross-post can be made that's
relevant
to and legitimately involves both groups.

I get the impression that those at AMOE are of very low intelligence I and
have many of them in my kill file, those who don't trim their headers join
them. Billy

Old December 21st 07, 04:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jud

Honus wrote:

1) If you're responding to a person that might be in the other group, why
respond at all if you're going to trim the header to delete that other
group?

I trimmed my headers, therefore was not addressing AMOE.

And

2) When responding to any post, try leaving in a bit of a quote so people
know who you're talking to and what it's about. I'm only guessing that your
post was directed at me. If I'm wrong, it's still your fault.

If I was responding to you directly I would have quoted you, as I am
doing here. However, if the shoe fits...

AMOE crossposts are not welcome.

It's only natural that on occasion a cross-post can be made that's relevant
to and legitimately involves both groups.

"On occassion" being the pertinant phrase. Most AMOE crossposts are
trolls and flames.
Old December 21st 07, 05:32 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Tony Cooper

On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 16:03:34 GMT, "note.boy"
wrote:

I get the impression that those at AMOE are of very low intelligence I and
have many of them in my kill file, those who don't trim their headers join
them. Billy

I read both groups. Hate to tell you this, Billy, but AMOE doesn't
have a lock on dumb.

--
Holiday Greetings
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...er213/xmas.jpg
Old December 21st 07, 09:46 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RF

On Dec 21, 11:03*am, "note.boy" wrote:
"Honus" wrote in message

. ..

"Jud" wrote in message
When responding to these annoying posts, please trim your headers.

1) If you're responding to a person that might be in the other group, why
respond at all if you're going to trim the header to delete that other
group?

And

2) When responding to any post, try leaving in a bit of a quote so people
know who you're talking to and what it's about. I'm only guessing that
your
post was directed at me. If I'm wrong, it's still your fault.

AMOE crossposts are not welcome.

It's only natural that on occasion a cross-post can be made that's
relevant
to and legitimately involves both groups.

I get the impression that those at AMOE are of very low intelligence I and
have many of them in my kill file, those who don't trim their headers join
them. *Billy- Hide quoted text -

Tell us Billy, do you ever have anything related to numismatics to
post about or do you, like Assclown Hinz, just come here to brag about
your killfiles?
Old December 21st 07, 10:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

In article , "Honus" wrote:

"RF" wrote in message

His email address uses the name FW Dixon which is the pseudonym used by

the
people (yes, plural) that write (yes, present tense) the books.- Hide

quoted text -

for more info, visit my http://hardyboys.us site

I already have. That URL's been in my browser's "favorites" file for years.
(I collect the books.) It's a fabulous site.

i love the ww2 edition nancy drew's. except for the fragility. the paper gets
amazingly yellow and light.
need to fing a non-invasive method of preservation. that doesn't cost
ridiculous amounts of coin.
Old December 22nd 07, 12:26 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Honus[_3_]

"Jud" wrote in message

Honus wrote:

1) If you're responding to a person that might be in the other group,

why
respond at all if you're going to trim the header to delete that other
group?

I trimmed my headers, therefore was not addressing AMOE.

I didn't say that you were. Reread what I wrote.

And

2) When responding to any post, try leaving in a bit of a quote so

people
know who you're talking to and what it's about. I'm only guessing that

your
post was directed at me. If I'm wrong, it's still your fault.

If I was responding to you directly I would have quoted you, as I am
doing here. However, if the shoe fits...

I can tell you where to check for a proper fit.

AMOE crossposts are not welcome.

It's only natural that on occasion a cross-post can be made that's

relevant
to and legitimately involves both groups.

"On occassion" being the pertinant phrase. Most AMOE crossposts are
trolls and flames.

I agree, which is why I included the pertinent phrase. You made the blanket
statement that "AMOE crossposts are not welcome." You don't get to make that
call. If they're not welcome in your personal browser, make the appropriate
adjustments to your filters.