Early European Postmen.

Old January 1st 10, 09:01 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Default Early European Postmen.

Possibly German?
Scraps from the dumpster on stiff board,
possibly from an Auction catalogue.
Painted by one, Gustav Muller, Dresden c1890
http://cjoint.com/data/bbw0wQp4ab.htm

Old January 1st 10, 11:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Peter Baumann[_2_]

rodney schrieb:
Possibly German?
Scraps from the dumpster on stiff board,
possibly from an Auction catalogue.
Painted by one, Gustav Muller, Dresden c1890
http://cjoint.com/data/bbw0wQp4ab.htm

Yes, seems to be Saxonian.

peter

--
No Gates - no Bill!
Old January 2nd 10, 12:38 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Thanks Pete,
I had a thought the yellow uniform perhaps Swiss
I recall Victor sending me some images of the Gotthard Mail
with a yellow coach and 5

The only art connection with Muller turned up some lovely paintings
of Tunisia, not sure if the same artist.
rodney

"Peter Baumann"
Yes, seems to be Saxonian.
peter
No Gates - no Bill!

Old January 2nd 10, 05:45 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

"Peter Baumann"
Yes, seems to be Saxonian.
peter
No Gates - no Bill!

Well done you

Saxon Postillion and foot postman by Gustav Muller 1913 on a postcard
https://www.ansichtskarten-center.de...61309_gr_1.jpg

Acknowledgement to my brilliant research staff in Melbourne
rather amazing really, as I don't pay them.

16 postcards from which my lot came from at 12 quid
http://tiny.cc/od1Uw

Thanks J