World floorsweepings ID.

Old October 16th 09, 07:45 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Default World floorsweepings ID.

If anyone would care to offer info
if they recognise any of these please?
http://cjoint.com/data/kqiOAnhVVa.htm

I have ID'd
Q3 Romania
Q5 one of 2 labels on the back of a French Postcard explaining the Eiffle tower.
Q6 Saint Anthony Guide.

I understand the 2 Spanish "charities" but anything further info?

Thanks.

Old October 16th 09, 12:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Nick Bridgwater[_2_]

#12 is Danish Local Post for Copenhagen, October 1881.
Lithographed by C. Ferslew & Co. Copenhagen, printed in two half-sheets of
50 stamps. Twenty transfer types, perf 10 3/4
it comes in a number of shades - pale yellow, orange yellow, light ochre,
orange, yellow-brown. Worth about 20 US cents in 1974.
.... according to "The private local posts of Denmark" by Sten Christensen
FRPSL and Sigurd Ringstrom (pub 1974).

Regards,
Nick

"rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au wrote in
:

Old October 16th 09, 12:43 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On 16 Oct, 08:45, "rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au wrote:
If anyone would care to offer info
if they recognise any of these please?http://cjoint.com/data/kqiOAnhVVa.htm

I have ID'd
Q3 Romania
Q5 one of 2 labels on the back of a French Postcard explaining the Eiffle tower.
Q6 *Saint Anthony Guide.

*I understand the 2 Spanish "charities" but anything further info?

Thanks.

09 is an obligatory tax stamp of Ecuador, SG 548 of 1937, minimal CV.

I have several like 13 which came in a Greece country pack. My guess
is that "Ell. Gram." at the bottom means Tele ("Electro-"?) gram.

Chris
Old October 16th 09, 12:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Vella

Hi Rod. Here are some of them:
Q1 - Italy: Tourism Industry, 20 centesimi
Q4 - Spain: Mutual Insurance, Voluntary Contribution, 1 peseta.
Q7 - Italy: Here's To Life! For the Tubercular Poor, 10 centesimi
Q10 - Spain: Mutual Insurance, Voluntary Contribution, Without Postal Value
Q11 - Turkey: Fiscal, 20 paras (for use on receipts of deposits of between
101 and 1000 piastres)
Q17 - Argentina: 1888 Stamp Law Fiscal, 50 centavos (for use on receipts).
HTH.
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada -- http://www.amedialuz.ca/

Old October 16th 09, 01:09 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Peter Baumann[_2_]

rodney schrieb:
If anyone would care to offer info
if they recognise any of these please?
http://cjoint.com/data/kqiOAnhVVa.htm

I have ID'd
Q3 Romania
Q5 one of 2 labels on the back of a French Postcard explaining the Eiffle tower.
Q6 Saint Anthony Guide.

I understand the 2 Spanish "charities" but anything further info?

Thanks.

No. 15 is a Danish local too (town of Horsens) - 18 is a Bavarian one
(Munic). 11, 14 and 16 looks like Turkish fiscals.

Peter

Old October 16th 09, 01:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Vella

wrote in message
On 16 Oct, 08:45, "rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au wrote:
If anyone would care to offer info
if they recognise any of these
please?http://cjoint.com/data/kqiOAnhVVa.htm

I have ID'd
Q3 Romania
Q5 one of 2 labels on the back of a French Postcard explaining the Eiffle
tower.
Q6 Saint Anthony Guide.

I understand the 2 Spanish "charities" but anything further info?

Thanks.

09 is an obligatory tax stamp of Ecuador, SG 548 of 1937, minimal CV.

I have several like 13 which came in a Greece country pack. My guess
is that "Ell. Gram." at the bottom means Tele ("Electro-"?) gram.

I believe that "ell." is short for "ellinik-ós, -í, -ó" (Greek, adjective)
and "gram." is short for "grámma" (letter) although I have seen Greek
fiscals with "Eps.", short for "epístoli" (letter). None in my collection
to provide scan, I regret.
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Old October 16th 09, 04:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Oct 16, 2:45*am, "rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au wrote:
If anyone would care to offer info
if they recognise any of these please?http://cjoint.com/data/kqiOAnhVVa.htm

I have ID'd
Q3 Romania
Q5 one of 2 labels on the back of a French Postcard explaining the Eiffle tower.
Q6 *Saint Anthony Guide.

*I understand the 2 Spanish "charities" but anything further info?

Thanks.

(1) Italy tax (tourism)
(2) Esperanto Congress (Warsaw) publicity label
(3) Romania revenue
(4) Spain charity (voluntary)
(5) Paris - publicity label - similar to the etiquette series called
"Views of France"
(the latter from the 1930s I believe)
(6) St. Anthony Guide label.

Saint Anthony's Guide (St Anthony is patron of letter carriers. and,
I believe, stamp collectors)

Safe mail delivery: A custom has been handed down of marking
the letters "S.A.G." somewhere on a letter or package. These
initials stand for "St. Saint Anthony Guide". This prayer dates to
an incident in July 1729 in Spain. A merchant's wife, in need of
support from her husband on business in Peru placed a letter to
him in the sleeve of St. Anthony's statue in her parish church,
trusting he would somehow deliver it.

Returning to the statue the next day, she found not her own letter
but one from her husband, Don Antonio. Lodger in the sleeve was
a heavy pouch containing 300 pesos, also sent by him. The
merchant advised his wife that a letter from her had been delivered
"by a friar of the Order of St. Francis." Don Antonio was sending
his reply through the same friar. To this day, the merchant's letter
is preserved in the church at Oviedo.

This story led to the custom of placing "S.A.G." on mail and praying
that St. Anthony give it safe passage.

St. Anthony's Guild offers packets of stamps imprinted with S.A.G.
and pictures of the Saint. To request the stamps, write:

The Franciscans,
St. Anthony's Guild
Paterson NJ
07509-2948

(7) Italy - charity label - TB (faschist era)
(8) Spain - civil war - local Alicante - people's militia
(9) Ecuador postal tax (obligatory)
(10) Spain - voluntary charity label
(11) Turkey (Ottoman) - revenue
(12) Denmark - local Copenhagen - telegram stamp
(13) Greece - 1920 essay for an unissued set - King Othon (Otto).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otto_of_Greece

at least 15 colours and shades exist.
http://i12.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/9a/ae/76f6_1_b.JPG
http://www.anthonystamps.com/scpics/4-01280841.jpg
http://i.ebayimg.com/24/!B,dwCzQBmk~$(KGrHgoOKj4EjlLm(n4WBKrm1EMbJg~~_12.J PG

(14) Turkey (Ottoman) - revenue
(15) Danish local (Horsens)
(16) Turkey (Ottoman) - revenue
(17) Argentina - revenue
(18) Bavaria - local post - Munich

Blair
Old October 17th 09, 12:04 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

"Blair (TC)"
(5) Paris - publicity label - similar to the etiquette series called
"Views of France"
(the latter from the 1930s I believe)
-------------
Not sure if you are referring to this postcard Blair,
It is the genesis of the stamp/label I have I believe.
http://cjoint.com/data/krbdgzT2KV.htm

(courtesy of Riga Stamps)
http://www.cinderellas.info/wittcoll/collection.htm

Old October 17th 09, 03:20 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Oct 16, 7:04*pm, "rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au wrote:
"Blair (TC)"
(5) Paris - publicity label - similar to the etiquette series called
"Views of France"
(the latter from the 1930s I believe)
-------------
Not sure if you are referring to this postcard Blair,
It is the genesis of the stamp/label I have I believe.http://cjoint.com/data/krbdgzT2KV.htm

(courtesy of Riga Stamps)http://www.cinderellas.info/wittcoll/collection.htm

Hi Rod:

Thje series I had in mind is inscribed "La Belle France" at the top.
There are also labels for MAROC (Morocco) and ALGERIE (Algeria).
There are dozens of designs and each design exists in at least 4
colours.
There also are overprints for : anti-cancer campaign ans social works.

I am sure that there are a number of similar series.

Here are a brief sampling:

Algeria
http://www.cijoint.fr/cj200910/cij9cMtNfi.jpg

Morocco
http://www.cijoint.fr/cj200910/cijccKKJxi.jpg
http://www.cijoint.fr/cj200910/cijivl3z6r.jpg

La Belle France
different designs issued se tenant in sheets
one place might have more than one design
http://www.cijoint.fr/cj200910/cijCql1vjG.jpg

same design in different colours
http://www.cijoint.fr/cj200910/cijdhsuuTF.jpg

http://www.cijoint.fr/cj200910/cijQEIiut0.jpg

anti-cancer campaign
http://www.cijoint.fr/cj200910/cijfUYOM9s.jpg

social works
http://www.cijoint.fr/cj200910/cijW8nY6nY.jpg

Blair

Old October 17th 09, 03:48 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Yes, I think you are right, the Witt souvenir
says the "stamps" contain data about the Eiffel tower.

Interesting to see the label on France Pontalier,
and we can see the Roman influence of the "Triumphal Arch"
reminded me of a Postcard I had from Letizia recently from Bologna.
http://cjoint.com/data/kreUjb8IOs.htm

"Blair (TC)"